navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » Viking_Metal (Paul)
Announcements & Links
Post A Reply Post New Topic Viking_Metal (Paul) Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Alison
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2008-01-27
Posts 9318
Lumpy oatmeal makes me crazy!

0 posted 2010-01-25 04:59 AM

Dear Friend,

I made a note of your birthday so I would be sure not to miss it.  Easy, I thought, it's the same day as Ron's.  Ha.  I didn't take into account a major nerve infection under a cap on my tooth.  I didn't take into account 5 or 6 nights of little sleep and too much agony.  I didn't take into account Percocet, which does nothing for me, and tequila, which also did nothing for me.  I didn't take any of this into account when I made a note to recognize my friend's birthday.

So now my wishes are late, but they are still as sincere as the day that I meant to post them.

Paul,

Happy Birthday.  I hope that you had a wonderful day and that you have an even more wonderful year.  You bring me lots of smiles - thank you.

Have fun and keep on writing.

Alison

© Copyright 2010 Alison - All Rights Reserved
Margherita
Member Seraphic
since 2003-02-08
Posts 22236
Eternity
1 posted 2010-01-25 08:39 AM

Happy Birthday, dear Paul. Well yes I see it was yesterday, Sunday, perfect to throw and enjoy a looooooooong party, after midnight of Saturday.

A Winter boy, a passionate Poet, a sensitive soul, that's great. You do bring us very good poetry. Thank you!

Enjoy a wonderful new year of life!

Sorry to hear about your painful days and nights, dear Alison! Hope you solved the problem!

Love,
Margherita

Happy Birthday!

suthern
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Seraphic
since 1999-07-29
Posts 20723
Louisiana
2 posted 2010-01-25 08:52 AM

Happy belated birthday, Paul! I hope it was a great one... we'll just celebrate all week! *S*
Robert E. Jordan
Member Rara Avis
since 2008-01-25
Posts 8541
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 posted 2010-01-25 10:46 AM

Yo Paul,

Happy Birthday pal.

Bobby/Bones

SEA
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Seraphic
since 2000-01-18
Posts 22676
with you
4 posted 2010-01-25 11:28 AM

Happy Birthday Paul!! I messed up too it seems....

I hope you had a wonderful day and your Birthday wish comes true!!

viking_metal
since 2007-02-02
Posts 1337
In a Jeep, Minnesota.
5 posted 2010-01-25 01:02 PM

Wow guys, um, I'm beyond flattered. Thank you all so  very much.

I know I'm not the best poet, not the most intelligent person walking on the planet, not the best looking, the most interesting, the most motivated, the most impressive, the funniest, or the most accomplished. Everyday life reminds me of BS like that all the time.

You folks here at pip, especially people that really follow me, remind me that it doesn't really matter. Nobody's the "best person." We're all just different, and some folks like my poems the way are, albeit unable to rhyme on purpose, and as anti-fancy as they are. Poems sound a lot like people... I could be so lucky to find people in real life that are as kind as you are to me, and my work.

Long Story short, I'm moved, and thank you all for the birthday wishes. Truly, thank you. This meant a lot to me.
Paul

Fall in love early, fall in love often.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Announcements & Links » Viking_Metal (Paul)

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary