navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » What does a poet do when she's bored?
pipTalk Lounge
Post A Reply Post New Topic What does a poet do when she's bored? Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley

0 posted 2001-11-24 09:13 PM

*sigh...I'm bored....so here's a plan I came up with...

If your New Year’s resolution is to find someone to love, we are here to help you. What will you need? Why the perfect personal AD!!

Just let us know if you’d like an ad written specifically for you and all your friends here a PiP will join in to give you just the right words and phrases to use.

Who wants to be first?

*Note: this is all in fun (tongue in cheek) so anyone can join in, we aren’t expecting you to actually post an ad. But if you do, then we wish you the best of luck!

© Copyright 2001 Poet deVine - All Rights Reserved
Nan
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-20
Posts 21191
Cape Cod Massachusetts USA
1 posted 2001-11-24 09:26 PM

Um.. Just how personalized will these ads be?.. Do they come with a money back guarantee??.. Is there a limit to responses??.. Can specific orders be placed??...  .. in cheek...
Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
2 posted 2001-11-24 09:38 PM

Cool!! Nan is first!!!

Let's write an ad for Nan.

'Wanted (we'll leave out the Dead or Alive thing as I think she's gonna want him alive)

attractive (do looks really matter?)

intelligent (HOW intelligent? is there a difference in intelligence and common sense?)

creative (is this a criteria?)

sensitive (not the kind that gets rashes, but the kind that feels things emotionally)

must love the sea (because we know SHE does)

ok..what else...are we on the right track Nan?

[This message has been edited by Poet deVine (edited 11-24-2001).]

Sven
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 1999-11-23
Posts 14937
East Lansing, MI USA
3 posted 2001-11-25 01:15 AM

what about. . . loves seafood???

---------------------------------------------------------

To the world, you may only be one person. But to one person, you may be the world.

Nan
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-20
Posts 21191
4 posted 2001-11-25 08:23 AM

Hmmmm... Let's see - Do we get to amend this little wish list before it goes public???  What would I do to it??
quote:

'Wanted (we'll leave out the Dead or Alive thing as I think she's gonna want him alive)

Good assumption - Alive is definitely preferable...
quote:

attractive (do looks really matter?)

HAVING looks matters - The word "attractive" is a pretty relative term, though - How about just "adorable"?  Twinkling eyes & mischievous smirk work for me... ... This item can go further down the list too..
quote:

intelligent (HOW intelligent? is there a difference in intelligence and common sense?)

Now you're talking - This one will have to be moved to the top - well - after 'alive' anyway..

How intelligent? Only top of the line need apply - I'm Passionately inflexible on this one - self-confessed snooty about it even - Side note... Dummies need not bother to apply...  
quote:

creative (is this a criteria?)

Depends what's being created?
quote:

sensitive (not the kind that gets rashes, but the kind that feels things emotionally)

This can go right up under intelligent... Insensitivity is a major turn-off..
quote:

must love the sea (because we know SHE does)

This certainly is highly preferable - but I can be convincing if I should find a highland hermit on my cyberstep...
quote:

ok..what else...are we on the right track Nan?

Well - What to add?..  Right after intelligence will have to be 'sense of humor' - Laughter is crucial... 'Easy going' of course - I don't like to argue - disagreeing is acceptable - Out & out arguments are a waste of good hugging time in my book... Oh - Then there's 'loyal' - Womanizers need not apply - I've had my fill of them, thanks...

So - How're we doing here?
What else?  

Kit McCallum
Administrator
Member Laureate
since 2000-04-30
Posts 14774
Ontario, Canada
5 posted 2001-11-25 09:12 AM

ROFL @ "This one will have to be moved to the top - well - after 'alive' anyway.. "

OK, now I don't see "enjoys poetry" anywhere on the list yet ...  

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
6 posted 2001-11-25 09:36 AM

Well, I've seen some "intelligent" people with very little common sense...I'd prefer Nan have a good mix of both...

and cool catch, Kit...I don't think Nan would want a non-poet on her seascape doorstep....

yep...creative comes to mind as well...

Nan, How're we doing for ya?

Elizabeth
Member Ascendant
since 1999-06-07
Posts 6871
Minnesota
7 posted 2001-11-25 11:21 AM

This is fun! Will you do one for me, Sharon? Pleeeease?

*runs off to find out other things Nan would want in a man*

God bless America, my home sweet home.

Elizabeth
Member Ascendant
since 1999-06-07
Posts 6871
Minnesota
8 posted 2001-11-25 11:25 AM

I found something! Look here: /pip/Forum8/HTML/000002.html#2

oh, and I could NEVER be with a Green Bay Packer fan! *shudders* Oh, the fights we would have....

God bless America, my home sweet home.

Sven
Member Laureate
since 1999-11-23
Posts 14937
East Lansing, MI USA
9 posted 2001-11-25 12:07 PM

I believe that you may have found a new calling deVine. . .  

deVine's Poetic Personals

what do you think???  

-----------------------------------------------------------

To the world, you may only be one person. But to one person, you may be the world.

Jamie
Member Elite
since 2000-06-26
Posts 3168
Blue Heaven
10 posted 2001-11-25 12:33 PM

was adventurous and loves to travel mentioned?

There is society where none intrudes, by the deep sea, and music in its roar.
byron

RosePetal
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-08-26
Posts 2985
South Florida
11 posted 2001-11-25 08:09 PM

My guy would have to like poetry AND music..to me they go hand in hand. Music is poetry. So if he can't listen to music with me or like some of the same music as me, then he's not for RosePetal, hehehehe.
Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
12 posted 2001-11-25 08:38 PM

I have a confession...I went to yahoo.com and read some personal ads by men...OMG! Do you know that men actually post that they want an affair? That their marriage is dead and they want to fool around...what if the Mrs. reads it? Some of the guys even posted their picture! I find this so uncool! What if the guys kids happen across the ad? How embarrassing? Or maybe it isn't..I don't know...whew!

DawnG
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2000-06-23
Posts 1494
United States
13 posted 2001-11-26 02:45 PM

Hi,

Well, I know you don't all know me very well, but I'd love to have a personal ad made up for me. Seems I have a force field around me when it comes to men. They all seem to run the opposite way as fast as they can.. But then again, maybe that is just cause they are afraid I'm going to turbo charge up my chair and run them over with all the love I have to give.

I look forward to hearing what you all create for me. Maybe when it is done, with your permission, I can put it into poetry form and post it in our Friendly Open and just see how well you all did in finding me the perfect man, cause I truly feel he will have a love of poetry as well.  

Dawn

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

14 posted 2001-11-27 09:24 AM

Hmmmm....would I want to take out an Ad? Just one question....who is "Ad"?  
doreen peri
Member Elite
since 1999-05-25
Posts 3812
Virginia
15 posted 2001-11-27 05:21 PM

rofl!!!!!!

yawl crack me up!! lol

catalinamoon
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-03
Posts 9543
The Shores of Alone
16 posted 2001-11-28 09:49 PM

Funny story for all you bored poets, once upon a time I went to a singles get together for "The Reader", San Diego's semi alternative newspaper. Anyway they have personal ads, and this was a party put on by them, and while there you would write an ad, and they publish it for you if you want. (This was 10 years ago, ok?)
Now comes the funny part, I was walking around and no place to sit down. I saw a booth with a guy alone, I said do you mind if I sit here, (he was NOT my type, I just wanted a seat)
Well, we got to comparing personal ads, and laughed as we were looking for just the opposite of eachother in our ads. We said almost at the same time, "I would never have called you". Then he asked me out and we dated for 3 years. LOL Guess we had something in common..
Now as for the current ad, hm, I think it's hopeless. I peruse the ads now sometimes just for fun, and the men all want someone under 30..Even if they're 50. Its a losing proposition.
But it could be a fun little game..
Sandra

Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
17 posted 2001-11-28 09:57 PM

Sandra, when will men learn that you shouldn't buy an apple that isn't ripe yet??? LOL
Fee
since 2000-08-07
Posts 381
Melbourne, Australia
18 posted 2001-11-29 02:03 AM

I have had an email sent to me about a women saying her good night prayers. I think it would fit perfectly for the add, however the author is unknown,
Am I able to post it for you? as I realy enjoyed the read.
Fee

Expressions,
are the most important aspects, they create impressions

Sudhir Iyer
Member Ascendant
since 2000-04-26
Posts 6943
Mumbai, India : now in Belgium
19 posted 2001-11-29 10:48 AM

now what exactly is a ripe apple?
a green one or a red one?

frankly, I don't eat either of these apples.

All I wish is a fine apple... oh, well... a pineapple...  

geeshhhhhh... the topic was about personal ads and not apples...

I am nuts...

Temptress
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-06-15
Posts 7136
Mobile, AL
20 posted 2001-11-30 12:51 PM

umm..yes..Where do I sign up..to place an ad that is.  

Your storm of assumption feeds anger I am calm enough to hold inside. Don't pretend to know me if you've never put stretched out your heart with since

Temptress
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-06-15
Posts 7136
Mobile, AL
21 posted 2001-11-30 07:18 PM

Why does all discussion everywhere suddenly come to a screeching halt when I reply? LOL! Is it talent that I can make every one shut up in one single reply?  

Your storm of assumption feeds anger I am calm enough to hold inside. Don't pretend to know me if you've never put stretched out your heart with since

catalinamoon
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-03
Posts 9543
The Shores of Alone
22 posted 2001-11-30 08:10 PM

LOL to Temptress, I have the same talent I think..
Sandra

DawnG
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2000-06-23
Posts 1494
United States
23 posted 2001-12-01 03:02 AM

Temptress,

Actually I came in here before you did asking everyone to write an ad for me and seems that is what stopped the conversation to a screeching halt. LOL. I was really serious about needing that ad too.  

Oh well, this is fun anyways, and Temptress if you can find a way to bring back the conversation, let me know ok?

Dawn

Temptress
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-06-15
Posts 7136
Mobile, AL
24 posted 2001-12-01 04:25 PM

HEEEEYYY!!!!   I WANTED TO BE THE ONLY ONE WITH THE TALENT TO STOP THE CONVERSATION! I GOT HERE FIRST! *bumps everyone*    

catalinamoon
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-03
Posts 9543
The Shores of Alone
25 posted 2001-12-01 05:17 PM

OK, lets start making ads for everyone that wants one.
Line one which will apply to all..
Poetic Princess seeks Knight to inspire her muse..
LOL

SmartChick
Member Rara Avis
since 2001-09-23
Posts 7081
On A Journey To The Unknown
26 posted 2001-12-01 07:34 PM

Hey Poet dVine, I don't know anyone as bored as me. Can I join in on this?
Nan
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-20
Posts 21191
27 posted 2001-12-01 08:24 PM

Let's also write one for the instigator here... What shall we include in Poet deVine's ad?  We can all contribute a line - I'll start... Passionate Stud Wanted...

Next??...

RosePetal
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-08-26
Posts 2985
South Florida
28 posted 2001-12-01 09:28 PM

For Poet DeVine : Adventurous, fun-lovin man
Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
29 posted 2001-12-01 10:12 PM

Boy do you have ME wrong!! LOL

A stud? No way!!!!!

Adventurous? Depends on the adventure.

Fun loving - well, must enjoy having fun, but not in the party or nightclubbing sense.

Truthfully, I'm looking for someone who's kind. Who is more proud of the kind of man he is rather than the job he does, the money he makes or the car he drives.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » What does a poet do when she's bored?

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary