navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » Colossal Knockers (and other bedtime stories hehe)
pipTalk Lounge
Post A Reply Post New Topic Colossal Knockers (and other bedtime stories hehe) Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Skyfyre
since 1999-08-15
Posts 1906
Sitting in Michael's Lap

0 posted 2001-06-18 03:38 AM

Saw Tomb Raider today, starring Angelina Jolie as Lara Croft ... a beautiful young lady, all things considered, and very "well endowed" for being so enviably slim ... was actually wincing in pain at the end when she was running in slow motion – ouch! - let's just say that gravity was not being kind ....

My point?  I can't help but notice that more and more athletic, svelte actresses are coming up "well stacked," to use the vernacular.  I mean, sure, SOME of them were doubtless blessed by the boob fairy, but the rest...?  The rest have been ... ahem ... helped.

Do I have something against breast augmentation?  Not at all ... when taken in moderation, breasts can be very attractive ... but I can't help but think that all these busty ladies taking over Hollywood are giving the average woman a bit of a complex.

I could go into teens and eating disorders here, but to be honest I don't want this to become a big "social" issue – so let's keep it shallow, shall we?  

My suggestion?  A small addition to the credits:

"No live animals or artificial mammaries were harmed in the making of this film."

Or something like that ... maybe:

"Body by Dow – please recycle where facilities exist"

No?  Too callous?  Maybe we could just put an asterisk by the name of any actress who has been cosmetically altered ...

Am I alone here?

[This message has been edited by Skyfyre (edited 06-18-2001).]

© Copyright 2001 Linda Anderson - All Rights Reserved
serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

1 posted 2001-06-18 04:38 AM

I am so upset. There's a "boob fairy"? Was there something I was supposed to leave under my pillow? Did NOT get the memo. AGAIN.
Nan
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-20
Posts 21191
Cape Cod Massachusetts USA
2 posted 2001-06-18 06:41 AM

Well then - here's a subject that's uplifting...

Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
3 posted 2001-06-18 09:16 AM

Not sure why this was moved here....but I think at least the Plastic Surgeon should be listed as a credit after the movie!!!
Skyfyre
since 1999-08-15
Posts 1906
Sitting in Michael's Lap
4 posted 2001-06-18 03:00 PM

Karen, I think you were supposed to leave a wonderbra under the pillow ... in the size that you want!  

Nan, you must have seen this first thing in the morning, you poor thing ... did it go well with breakfast?

Sharon -- I agree!  At least then we (the average woman) would know who was doing the "real" work in Hollywood!  Kinda like a reference, no?

Linda

catalinamoon
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-03
Posts 9543
The Shores of Alone
5 posted 2001-06-18 09:34 PM

It does get a tad discouraging, when you know that you willl never in this lifetime, no matter how much you do A, B, or C, have that body.
But hey, I have to admit it looks nice. Power to them, if they are happy with it. I'm not financially endowed either, so will never know  

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
6 posted 2001-06-18 11:44 PM

To be honest.....I have no problem with it..
anonymousfemale
Member Elite
since 2000-02-02
Posts 2797
Limbo
7 posted 2001-06-19 02:54 AM

Of course you don't.  

Just because I hear voices doesn't mean I'm crazy...SHUT UP IN THERE!!!

Skyfyre
since 1999-08-15
Posts 1906
Sitting in Michael's Lap
8 posted 2001-06-19 03:32 AM

catalinamoon:  The nice thing about augmentations is that they are actually in just about anyone's price range now ... a "new and improved" bustline will set you back much less than the average down payment on a new car.  The trouble with such accessibility is that often, women get the surgery without considering the future consequences (back trouble, posture problems, stretch marks ... not to mention being a wrinkled old granny with an oddly perky bust) -- and that's if you ignore the more serious risks of the obsolete silicone implants.

I don't think they're necessarily a bad thing, but they definitely aren't for every woman.  They are, for lack of a better word, a rather serious "commitment."

Javier:  Well, DUH.  

anonymous:  Amen.  LOL

Linda

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
9 posted 2001-06-19 01:08 PM

Haha Oh c'mon.....now really.....I see all these HOT, SEXY, MUSCULAR MALES on tv and I don't really much think twice about it and there you gals are with "nice butt! yea yea *drool gasp stare*"
So please, I mean it happens everywhere and with both sexes.

Personally, I don't mind the big nana's cuz they look nice, grant it the woman's body is proportionally correct.

SEA
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Seraphic
since 2000-01-18
Posts 22676
with you
10 posted 2001-06-19 01:29 PM

personally, I am naturally well endowed....too well if you ask me...ugh....pain, yes....back yep, and it really does hurt when men only look at them....not me....or they stare like they've never seen boobs before....it makes me feel so creepy and uncomfortable. It's not a compliment....it makes me feel dirty and makes me want to hide. But I do my best to ignore them.... and I can't wear big baggy sweatshirts in the summer time.....so I just deal with it...I wish I were smaller but I couldn't do a reduction surgery...unless I absolutely HAD to.......who knows...maybe in the next decade, I may have to  
Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
11 posted 2001-06-19 02:26 PM

LOL...first I DIDN'T have them....THEN I did...

wish they'd go away again....

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » Colossal Knockers (and other bedtime stories hehe)

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary