navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » Miz Aggie Asks
pipTalk Lounge
Post A Reply Post New Topic Miz Aggie Asks Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley

0 posted 2001-06-09 10:19 PM

Miz Aggie recently returned from a cruise. It was a group of senior citizens from all over the world traveling together and it was billed as a singles tour. One woman flew all the way from Moscow to get the cruise ship in Miami. Twin brothers in their 70's came from Maine...and Miz Aggie went along with her friend Suzanne. Suzanne met a nice man from New Jersey and spent a lot of time with him, which left Miz Aggie on her own to watch the other people.

Though she didn't find a man on the cruise, she came back and asked me to ask you this question:

What lengths would you (or have you) gone to, to find love? And are you the pursuer or the pursuee? Which is better?

© Copyright 2001 Poet deVine - All Rights Reserved
Dark Angel
Member Patricius
since 1999-08-04
Posts 10095

1 posted 2001-06-09 10:38 PM

quote:
What lengths would you (or have you) gone to, to find love? And are you the pursuer or the pursuee? Which is better?

Well I don't think I have gone to great lengths to find love, though I have been both the pursuer and the pursuee   I may have gone to great lengths to hang on to love.  

Maree

catalinamoon
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-03
Posts 9543
The Shores of Alone
2 posted 2001-06-09 10:53 PM

Back in San Diego, after my first divorce, I indulged in answering a lot of personal ads from the infamous "San Diego Reader" newspaper.
Met some very cool guys, and a few losers, but shoot I had a date nearly every night for a while. It was fun. Did I find Mr. Right, no, but many wonderful memories and a few real loves.

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
3 posted 2001-06-10 02:17 AM

*sigh*......the lengths I have gone would have to be my internal lengths. I have been through so much pain to try and make my relationship work out.
I was cheated on once and dumped twice by the woman I loved but kept at it....and I'm still with her.....It's just something that really messed me up internally. All the pain took a toll on me in the end and I haven't been able to recooperate. I don't know how long it'll take me to be complete again, but who knows.
Anyhow.........I am a persuer and a persuee......when *I* want something I get it......and when girls want me (which I'm not saying they ever do) they persue me.

Fin

anonymousfemale
Member Elite
since 2000-02-02
Posts 2797
Limbo
4 posted 2001-06-10 11:32 AM

I went to great lengths to make someone I thought I loved so very happy. The things I did for him were the most amazing that I have ever done for anyone. I did manage to do all the typically stupid EJ things, though. In the end, I was the fool and lost not only some of my friends but my best friend at that. Idiocy took over the part of my brain that chose to still go ahead even when it was flashing a neon sign saying, 'Danger you fool! Don't go there!!'
Anyway, I've been the persuee and the persuer. The pursuee is a better position...

Just because I hear voices doesn't mean I'm crazy...SHUT UP IN THERE!!!

Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
5 posted 2001-06-10 01:11 PM

Ok..so a better word is pursued....not pursuee...(sounds like a handbag at a hog calling contest!).

I do not pursue. Because I'm naturally shy. So my 'type' is a shy non-pursuer. I tend to establish a friendship first with someone I'm interested in...then by the time I'm ready to move to the next level, he's decided he found the perfect woman to fall in love with somewhere else! (sigh)

But I guess if you have two 'shy non-pursuers' who would like to be with each other, it would never happen because neither of them would take the first step!! What a mess! So if there is another shy non-pursuer out there who would like me to pursue you....just let me know and I'll get my Nikes on.  

Tovi
since 2001-06-05
Posts 168

6 posted 2001-06-10 03:44 PM

You would never believe the lengths I'm going to for love.  

Not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment.

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

7 posted 2001-06-10 03:51 PM

Pursue....hmmm...sounds so predatory!  

sigh...okay--here is the story of how I got together with my former boyfriend who is now my current brother-in-law (sometimes I feel like Jerry Springer is going to come looking for me!)

First of all, there was always an attraction there. We were really good friends who shared a passion for, oddly enough, Harley Davidson motorcycles and gardening. (see? I couldn't possibly make this stuff up!) We all have at least heard about an "electric" connection that sometimes happens between friend--I assure you it does happen.   But anyhow, he had a girlfriend, whom I ran into at the local pub. We commenced to er, commiserate, lol, until about 2:30 a.m. whereupon during the course of conversation as she was complaining about HIM, it became apparent through my continued defense of him that I had feelings for him. So, she decided to GIVE HIM to me! We went to his house, which was locked up tight and all the lights out, and proceeded to use her keys to toss against the second story bedroom window to wake him. Well, the keys got stuck on the ledge. There we were in his driveway, laughing like the possessed, when a call of nature struck me, and it suddenly wasn't so funny anymore. Miraculously the window opened and we saw him grab the keys. When he opened the door, I ran into the bathroom to tend to nature's business and I could hear the yelling begin. He was furious. So I took my time. By the time I summoned the courage to go back out there I found her picking up her clothes which were strewn all over the place. When he saw me he said,
"Good. Now get the hell out, both of you."
She turned to walk out of the door but I had sat down in the chair. I said.
"No."
NO???? They were both looking at me like I was a lab experiment.
"I'm not leaving here until I know you are no longer angry."
"Well, you might be here awhile then." He went upstairs and back to bed.
She and I discussed the situation then, and she did finally leave me there. I will spare you the details   but I ended up staying there for three days--finally going home to get a few things and return. He wasn't angry anymore.  

Now. I'm not quite sure if that's "pursuing" but it was certainly effective.  

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

8 posted 2001-06-10 04:03 PM

Okay...I decided that I could confide this part without upsetting forum decorum. After she left I went upstairs to find the door to his bedroom locked. I asked through the door if I could have a t shirt to sleep in. He opened the door and handed me one. I put it on, and started talking fast while I had his attention. Don't remember exactly what I said, except the ending--I broke out into a chorus of "I'm gonna make you love me". And the moral of the story is---if all else fails? A little song and dance can't hurt!
ROFL....

catalinamoon
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-03
Posts 9543
The Shores of Alone
9 posted 2001-06-10 06:11 PM

Serenity, you are just too much! I love that story. And Sharon, I know just what you mean, how they go and find their true love just when you were about to..or just when you were thinking of..or etc. etc.
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » Miz Aggie Asks

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary