navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » Just wondering....
pipTalk Lounge
Post A Reply Post New Topic Just wondering.... Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Ladycat
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 1999-07-05
Posts 782
At the edge and a doorway,TX

0 posted 2001-06-01 10:18 PM

I was talking to PdV over ICQ tonight and we were discussing how big this place is.  Everytime that I take a break and return we have atleast a thousand new people.
I was just wondering though were did all these people come from.  How did the come to call PIP home? Who send them here?

So that is my question: Who sent all of you here or how did you find this place?

Love,
Ladycat

Live in my world just once and you'll find yourself enraptured.

© Copyright 2001 Vynette M. Charles-Brooks - All Rights Reserved
Severn
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-07-17
Posts 7704

1 posted 2001-06-01 11:51 PM

By a blessed, fortunate accident lol...

first time on the net would you believe..with an ex who was showing me the ropes so to speak...I asked him to do a search on poetry and lo and behold...

here I am.

K

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
2 posted 2001-06-02 12:47 PM

By a gal pal of mine........she told me she loved poems too and read poems at a main site called net poets.....i went there and wandered around. She didn't even know about the forums......but i went there and viola
LoveBug
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Elite
since 2000-01-08
Posts 4697

3 posted 2001-06-02 02:14 PM

I was a victim of unrequented love, and I wanted to read some poems and drown myself in sorrow. I searched and found the main site, and read every love poem on there in about 4 days. I wanted to read yet more sad love poetry, so I came to the forums and just read for awhile. And then, one day, I decided to post one of my mediocre pieces. I never regreted it for a moment.

"Men judge generally more by the eye than by the hand, for everyone can see and few can feel."-Machiavelli

[This message has been edited by LoveBug (edited 06-02-2001).]

Ron
Administrator
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-05-19
Posts 8669
Michigan, US
4 posted 2001-06-02 04:05 PM

Off Topic Erica, one of your "mediocre pieces" just made the 100 Poems list (the web pages won't be updated for a few more days, but in light of your comment I couldn't resist jumping the gun).

catalinamoon
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-03
Posts 9543
The Shores of Alone
5 posted 2001-06-02 04:55 PM

My friend found the main site by accident, sent it to me, because of the love poems, and I found the forums, then sent them to her, then we both started writing, and I'm not giving away any names here, but right now, she is having a wonderful life with another poet she met there.
Another match made successfully  

Alicat
Member Elite
since 1999-05-23
Posts 4094
Coastal Texas
6 posted 2001-06-02 11:06 PM

I happened upon this wonderful place from a link a dear friend sent me...one Ladycat. The link was to a poem on the main site, and I looked around and tried different links and stumbled across the forums...all two of em. Yawp, that's right, two forums, Feelings and Discussion. I was hooked from the start. I posted and replied (though poetry really wasn't posted in the forums then...they were for discussion of poems found on the main site), and submitted to the main page...and was soon offered an invitation from Ron to join Old Blue...the original poetry forum. It started quite some time ago, but I really doubt if I would have found this splendiforous place without the aid of Ladycat. Thank you hon!
brian madden
Member Elite
since 2000-05-06
Posts 4374
ireland
7 posted 2001-06-03 06:50 AM

I was at another poetry site, in the chat room when Cerenity popped in. We got talking about poetry and she told me about here. And I have been here ever since and there is no way to get rid of me  

"difference between love and comfortis that comfort's more reliable and true
Brutal and mocking but always therea crutch for enmity's saddest glare"

Ladycat
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 1999-07-05
Posts 782
At the edge and a doorway,TX
8 posted 2001-06-04 07:13 PM

It doesn't really matter where you came from as long as you can call this place home sweet home.  I think that the most important thing for me is the fact that I have more friends here than I do anywhere else. I guess that I can say that they are more than my friends they are my family.  Thank you all.

Love,
Lady

Live in my world just once and you'll find yourself enraptured.

Brad
Member Ascendant
since 1999-08-20
Posts 5705
Jejudo, South Korea
9 posted 2001-06-04 07:32 PM

It was Nan's fault.
Ryan
since 1999-06-10
Posts 297
Kansas
10 posted 2001-06-05 01:29 PM

Hehe, so she got you too Brad?

"ah, little girls make shadows on the sidewalk shorter than the shadow of death in this town--" - Jack Kerouac

Tovi
since 2001-06-05
Posts 168

11 posted 2001-06-08 11:23 PM

IWon's search engine.     
Spice
since 2001-04-13
Posts 1266
Resting in my cardboard box.
12 posted 2001-06-08 11:49 PM

I guess a friend.

zzz
since 2001-06-06
Posts 55

13 posted 2001-06-10 07:15 AM

like many put poetry in a search box and scrolled through endless sites untill i foundyou guys it was well worth the time
as im new to this internet lark any sugestions of places to go greatly recieved  i love poetry i am involved in a cub and beaver pack love wolves or anything you have found interesting

[This message has been edited by zzz (edited 06-10-2001).]

Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
14 posted 2001-06-10 09:16 AM

I came to Passions by invitation. I was posting on the MiningCo.com forum (now About.com) and so was a gentleman by the name of Ron Carnell. In November, 1998, he invited me to post on his website. I submitted a poem and magically it was accepted. The site began to grow, and grow and grow. By January, 1999 there were hundreds of poems. I submitted a few more and they were accepted.

At Nan’s request, Ron created a forum for poets to post their poetry that would give them instant feedback. I didn’t post there as I was still unsure of my work and would have felt crushed if someone didn’t like it! Then in March 1999, Ron opened a second forum. “Old Blue” as we called it. I joined the group there and thus began to gain acceptance for my work.

When this forum opened, there was a small group of us left and we quickly gathered more and more members – each unique – each adding something to Passions. And here I am....ain't life grand?

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » Just wondering....

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary