navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » Who and when.............
pipTalk Lounge
Post A Reply Post New Topic Who and when............. Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Dark Angel
Member Patricius
since 1999-08-04
Posts 10095

0 posted 2001-05-11 06:23 PM

was your first love and what was it about him/her that swept you of your feet?

My first love was Douglas Ellis I met him in year 3 at school and batted my eyelashes at him right up to year 6.
Why?
because he had the grandest smile, shoulder length red hair ( I LOVE RED HEADS ) and the most gorgeous freckles and we were the perfect dance partners at school dances.

sighhhhh.    

I'll never forget him.

Maree

[This message has been edited by Dark Angel (edited 05-11-2001).]

© Copyright 2001 Dark Angel - All Rights Reserved
Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
1 posted 2001-05-11 06:33 PM

I was 10...his name was David Cornish. I don't remember now why I loved him. He was dark haired and handsome. He used to come and stand with me when I did 'safety patrol' at noon.  He got scarlet fever and had to stay home from school for a long time and I wrote him letters to cheer him up. One day his mom stopped by my house to tell me how much they meant to him. (I was SO embarrassed!). Sigh............
Jamie
Member Elite
since 2000-06-26
Posts 3168
Blue Heaven
2 posted 2001-05-11 06:41 PM

I had two--- Pam and Becky,, they both chased me down ( i didnt try to get away yanno) and one "held" me down while the other kissed me then traded places... So that is why I loved them.. all thru the first grade (6 years old)....lol
ahh..memories

There is society where none intrudes, by the deep sea, and music in its roar.
byron

Severn
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-07-17
Posts 7704

3 posted 2001-05-11 06:55 PM

Hmmmm...sheesh...I dunno...

my first teenage love was when I was 16...I simply can't count the little stirrings I felt as a kid - pah...

He was 17 and er...not a nice lad lol. Let me see...he had a mohawk hahaha..and eventually fled to Australia to escape people he owed money to (went to his father who lived there) for drugs...

Yup..that was my first love...ROTF...don't ask me why - I'm self-confessed yanno...

K

inot2B
Member Elite
since 2000-09-18
Posts 2205
Arkansas
4 posted 2001-05-11 08:08 PM

Ok I'll confess, the boy with the long dark eyelashes in kindergarten. Lets see that would of been in 1958 somewhere in California. All I remembered was that one day we got to go get the snacks for our class together. My mother told me all I talked about was that boy. Moved back to Texas after some earthquake and except for a picture that was destroyed in a fire years later that's all I remember about him.
Just A Woman
since 2001-03-10
Posts 507

5 posted 2001-05-11 09:03 PM

Oh this brings back memories!  Scott VanBuskirk.  He was a bad boy in a black leather jacket and the first time he kissed me, I got weak in the knees and fell over my bike.  ~grins!~

"I can't remember if I'm the good twin or the evil one."

Acies
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-07
Posts 7665
Twilight Zone
6 posted 2001-05-11 11:38 PM

first true love?
or first you thought it was love?

"So long as men can breathe or eyes can see,
So long lives this, and this give life to thee."  W.S.

Dark Angel
Member Patricius
since 1999-08-04
Posts 10095

7 posted 2001-05-11 11:44 PM

first you thought Acie  

Dee
Member Elite
since 2000-08-19
Posts 2330
Queensland, Australia
8 posted 2001-05-12 07:52 AM

Oh boy you guys ask some amazing questions! My first love would have to have been.....John Swain. All through primary school and into high school I thought he was the most amazing thing. He had the biggest eyes and longest eyelashes I had ever seen on a guy.
Thanks for the smile from my memory Dark Angel.
Dee

I wish you every happiness and may you always have the best of the good things in life. a brand

Sven
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 1999-11-23
Posts 14937
East Lansing, MI USA
9 posted 2001-05-12 10:41 AM

My first love. . . her name was Evelyn. . . and she changed my life. . . if you've read any of my poems that are "From the Lantern Bearers" you've read about her. . .  

15 years ago, I was a Counselor-in-Training at the National Music Camp here in Interlochen, Michigan.  (Side note, if you've never been to Interlochen, or have heard of it, send me a message and I'll be happy to tell you about it!!)  She was also in the same class as I.  I wasn't looking to fall in love with anyone, but she and I became close very quickly and fell in love.  It was the first time, for both of us, in every way. . .

It was definitely a long-distance relationship, with me living here in Michigan and she living in Ontario.  But not as long-distance as it could have been.  We talked on the phone a lot and wrote long letters, we even got to see each other a couple of times during that period.  

Our relationship lasted one year to the day. . . when suddenly she broke it off with me.  I was so devestated that I didn't even bother to ask why she was leaving me. . .

She was wonderful. . . thanks Dark Angel. . .  

----------------------------------------------------------------

To the world, you may only be one person. But to one person, you may be the world.

Temptress
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-06-15
Posts 7136
Mobile, AL
10 posted 2001-05-12 09:21 PM

His name was Grant Fairchild, and I met him at school in a group of friends of mine and my sister's. His mother was the high school librarian. He was younger than me..I was 16, and he was 14 when we began dating. He was sweet, open, honest, loving, adoring, adorable. The nights spent playing pool at his house were some of the most memorable. So were the nights spent curled up together on his couch while his mother cooked dinner. Ahh..So were the long walks in the woods...He wrote poetry for me. We exchanged letters before and after most every class at school. He carried my books. He walked me to classes.  We played footsies beneath the table during the French class we had together. We passed notes and giggled together at the antics of our French teacher. After I was out of high school we still exchanged letters. We still loved each other. He was still honest, open, sweet, adorable, adoring, and he still wrote me poetry.  We attended church together because I moved into dorms in the same town where he lived. (ony 30 minutes away from my home)We spent hours on the phone.  We spent nearly 3 years together (only a few weeks shy of three years)then...well...very simply...I called him one night and he said his parents didn't think it was a good idea for us to see each other anymore. It shredded my heart and will to be good anymore, and I often wonder up until these very days if I'll ever be the same. It still hurts to think about him and its been since 1996 or so.  I suppose its true we never forget. I'm sorry this is vague, but that love is something I will never be able to effectively describe into moments of action. For years afterwards..everything I saw was a reminder of us. Those reminders made the tears come at the most awful times, but I had no control over them. *sigh*
PhaerieChild
since 1999-08-30
Posts 1787
Aloha, Oregon
11 posted 2001-05-12 09:51 PM

Hmmmmm.....My first love. His name was Jimmy Peterson and he lived across the street from me. He was 11 and I was 8 and we became tried and true friends. I would steal my mom's pots and pans and we would go to the rock quarry just at the end of the street and play war with his brother and my sister as our adversaries. The pots and pans were needed for helmets and snack supplies(like chips, popcorn, or smarties) He looked just like Donny Osmond with big puppy brown eyes and thick dark hair. Long lashes and quick smile. He always taught me not to cry when I skinned my knee or got popped with a rock or when things just didn't go right and man!!! Sometimes it was hard not to cry!!! About a year later we had to move to another town and Jimmy gave me his shiny rock collection. He sat on our front porch with me and gave me the most precious things he ever owned (they are now in my mama's attic) and cried. I still remember how much fun we had and everytime I see a shiny rock I think of him.

How can you save me?
When the dark comes right in and takes me,
from my front walk and into bed,
where it kisses my face and eats my head. Shivaree

Spice
since 2001-04-13
Posts 1266
Resting in my cardboard box.
12 posted 2001-05-13 12:48 PM

WELL. I fell "inlove" ( or so I thought) when I was in Kindergarden to a boy named Josh. He road my bus and was in my class and was a close-close friend of mine...still is actually...
Anyway- He was the cutie of the grade. Every girl liked him. He had the longest eye lashes on these beautiful hazel eyes and this cute, thick head of brown hair. I thought the world of him till about the 6th grade....I just finally grew out of it I guess. Oh the stories I could tell about  that 6-7 years of crushing....but I guess I'll spare you people.  

White Wolf
since 1999-09-18
Posts 371
Somewhere in the vast wasteland
13 posted 2001-05-13 03:29 AM

My first, hmmm.  That is a hard one to forget.  That summer I have moved in with my dad and I had to repeat the third grade.  A month or two into school a girl walked in to class that had all of the guys whispering "I hope I am the one to show her around school."  Blond hair, blue eyes and I knew I was going to show her around school.  And I did.  After that we became friends.  After that whenever recess came around she and all of my friends, amazing how a cutie can turn all of your friend to her side, would chase me around the playground and yes I ran.  I didn't let her catch me too often but often enough to keep her at it, hard to get I guess.  It only lasted a year and a half until I moved to a new school district and never saw here again.  She showed me what love was, is and meant to be.  I been trying to find her so that I can thank her.  She changed my life.  Christine Fields at Swegle Elementary in Salem, OR.  I miss her.

The White Wolf

If life is just a game, when does it end cause I want to get to what is real.

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
14 posted 2001-05-13 03:38 PM

Natalia Martinezin 9th grade....everything about her puts me in awe, and still does...

Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
15 posted 2001-05-13 04:21 PM

Have any of you signed up for classmates.com? You can register for free to see if anyone from your high school graduating class has registered.
Dark Angel
Member Patricius
since 1999-08-04
Posts 10095

16 posted 2001-05-13 09:35 PM

Awwww guys, thanks for sharing your sweet memories with us all  
sighhh  

coyote
since 2001-03-17
Posts 1077

17 posted 2001-05-14 08:33 PM

Ya know Maree, I can't remember? Must be one of those things that means you're getting old or something.lol
Although I can't recall the faces or the names, Ooooh, do I ever still recall those feelings! The racing heart, the trembling hand, that feeling of intense "aliveness". If I could only capture that in a bottle, I would drink it day and night.  
Thanks for the question, my friend.  

"The rose, like the cactus flower, protects herself with thorns. We however, impale ourselves on their beauty."
coyote

Elizabeth Cor
since 2000-10-13
Posts 879
Over the river and through the woods
18 posted 2001-05-15 05:32 PM

Oh *sigh*...

His name was Josh. We met the summer I was fifteen at Church Camp *rolls eyes*.
My family was lodged there (we had our own cabin, and the distance was considerable);
his family commuted there each night for church.
The ten days of camp were blissful: he wrote me poems and drew me pictures of roses and griffins;
at nights after the service, we'd slip away to the playground and kiss on the swings;
days he could convince his parents to come early we'd wander the grounds holding hands,
or sit at the lunch stand playing cards and laughing.

I remember that he was proud of me;
that he took the time out of his day to write these amazing long letters to
me even though we'd be spending the evening together.
When we talked, we were transfixed with each other...
a fascination that lead to conversations with the depth and strength to reorganize my perceptions.

My family traveled back home. EVERY DAY he wrote me letters... and I mean pages and pages long.
I wrote back as much as I could, with as much feeling and depth as our conversations held.
Sometimes our parents would grant us the treat of talking over the phone,
and I was able to visit him three times:
Once to watch him play in the Homecoming game,
at a weight-lifting meet when one happened to be half the distance between our homes,
and at Christmas. We wrote for a year and a half, every day.

At the end of this time, his parents -- who were militaristically strict –
decided he was spending too much time writing letters and pining,
and demanded we stop talking to each other altogether.
I called his house imploring his parents, to no avail… I couldn’t phone Josh,
and if I wrote him, they would fish the letters from the mail and destroy them.
(I got one letter from Josh (the last I ever received) telling me this, explaining that every time I wrote, HE was punished).
So it ended. Broke. My. Heart.
I ended up taking a week off of school because I was such a slobbering mess… I didn’t eat, I didn’t even get out of bed… I remember being fetal sobbing, sobbing, thinking that my stomach was going to cave in from the pain. Later, I marveled that emotional pain could actually be physical.

My first love; while certainly not the strongest… I’m still looking for him. I’ve gone to Classmates.com a few times browsing through his high school’s listing… done a search on his name for a phone number or e-mail address… but no matches yet. The last news about Josh that I could scrounge up is that he joined the army directly after high school, and that he was a mess after we divided.

Hmmm. *long indulgent sigh*
Thanks, Maree … I haven’t relived that in awhile.

[This message has been edited by Elizabeth Cor (edited 05-15-2001).]

SEA
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Seraphic
since 2000-01-18
Posts 22676
with you
19 posted 2001-05-15 07:48 PM

well, the first boy for me was in the first grade....Pat Hayden....blonde and curly....a smile to kill for.....he loved Kiss ( the rock group) and snakes.....he put one down my shirt....ack! That passed fairly quick....I was a very fickle girl.... my serious first love, married me.....I met him when I was 14 and he was 16 or 17 and we dated off and on for a few years...then we went seperate ways...he married and I married...the WRONG people....then, when we were both divorcing..we found each other again....now, he's my hubby!   SEA
catalinamoon
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-03
Posts 9543
The Shores of Alone
20 posted 2001-06-10 06:28 PM

Well, this is an old thread, but here i am on SUnday with nothing to do but look around here, so what the heck..if anyone reads this. I never forgot the name of my 2 first loves, in first grade. I can't remember who came first LOL
Diego Santodomingo and Ricky Tarbox. This was in 1960 Miami Florida. Hey I bet they grew up NICE.
I remember sitting on the back steps with Ricky and he kissed me and my Mom came out and said "stop that!"
and sitting under a tree with Diego, same scenario.
Funny I can't remember much else about them, but those kisses stayed with me. Amazing.
That was a fun memory..thanks for bringing it up.
Sandra

Temptress
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-06-15
Posts 7136
Mobile, AL
21 posted 2001-06-10 10:22 PM

*sighs* reading this...geesh. I can't explain the feelings at all.

Sharon,
I've registered with Classmates.com, but only the free membership status.  I have actually found a few people (even ones who graduated after me) registered on there. LOL! All I have to do to find most of the people I went to high school with is to drive three hours away. I believe most of them are still there.   As for Grant, I did several kinds of searches. I still have his Mom's phone number because she and I remained in contact (for some odd reason or another) for a long time. She was the school librarian, so I respected her and looked up to her as a teacher.  He is currently in Augusta,Georgia attending college. Not so long ago, I had an old friend tell me he is very good friends with the girl Grant dated after me and that Grant had written her a letter (and nothing else) breaking up with her. It was said that he said in the letter he was still in love with me.   That was entirely too weird of a connection, and I have avoided too much talk about it. Anyways..why am I rambling about this? Ohh..we were talking about finding people. LOL! I suppose that should lead me to why I searched for him. Well..perhaps to gain the closure I never received so my heart can rest.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » Who and when.............

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary