navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » My dream home is owned by a voodoo priestess
pipTalk Lounge
Post A Reply Post New Topic My dream home is owned by a voodoo priestess Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

0 posted 2011-01-15 05:02 PM

Huge surprise. <--droll typing

Check it out, architecture and design fans--
http://www.nola.com/homegarden/index.ssf/2011/01/pres_kabacoff_and_sallie_ann_g.html

© Copyright 2011 serenity blaze - All Rights Reserved
Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
1 posted 2011-01-15 06:25 PM

I like the main living area, but the rest looks like it is from a reality show where a team of drunken designers get a prize for the worst decorating ideas, but that is just moi.

Actually, the door is good, and I suppose if you are into that type of decorating, it is a "find."  I didn't see one hookah in any room, did you?  All that color and no hookah?

However, give me the $28,000,000 penthouse for sale on Pricypads and I would be one happy camper.  I watch this every single day, and one day, yes one day, I am going to live in one of those babies. LOL
http://priceypads.com/

I will buy a lottery ticket for ya today, if you win I will buy you a "Psychedelic Pad" K, and me that penthouse how's that?

Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
2 posted 2011-01-15 06:27 PM

Oh, here is my choice for today Karen:

Tribeca Townhouse

For $28,000,000 they will have to throw in George Clooney.

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

3 posted 2011-01-15 06:36 PM

Ah, tsk.

I'm afraid you wouldn't be very comfortable in my home then. (Altars abound)

I'm considering tiny skulls on the door molding that frames the french door entrance to my room...

K--seraph?

zip! Off to shrnk some heads now!

*chuckling*

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

4 posted 2011-01-15 06:53 PM

I checked out Tribeca, btw.

Long ago I used to dream of moving into a beautifully furnished, well designed place--in no particular area.

Then I realized I'd probably want to change everything, no matter how elite or pricey or...not sure of the word now--

but any place that is my home would have to have my fingerprints all over the place.

One can rent other people's ideals, but what is mine will be me--and it really doesn't matter if others like it, or even if I like it.

*smiling*

Did you say books or hooks?

(I know a place that rents books for staging homes as well.)

Just because you see them doesn't mean the owner read them.

back stcha

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

5 posted 2011-01-15 07:00 PM

And just because I can't shaddup today--I thought I would confide that, well, as you're aware, I've spent a lot of time in my room staring at the ceiling.

(The crack from Katrina is still there.)

I really, really wanted a pressed copper treatment, but I actually calculated the cost, and I discovered that it would cost less, and be, to my mind's eye, infinitely more intriguing to glue pennies up there...

(I've imagined a sunburst mosaic of old and new, like sun rays, extending from the central lighting fixture.)

And yes, it occurred to me that it could all be blown away by one single storm.

But then, so could I.

Mysteria
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
6 posted 2011-01-15 07:58 PM

Well now every house should have an alter I suppose, that is if someone knew how to use it right?  I bet I would love your place, and I would expect it to be slathered in Karenistic touches.  The idea of gluing pennies on your ceiling is a wonderful idea.

Ever heard the song, "Pennies From Heaven?"  Here are the lyrics in case you haven't.  I figure if a storm comes, it would be absolutley perfect!

Title: Bing Crosby - Pennies From Heaven lyrics

A long time ago
A million years BC
The best things in life
Were absolutely free.
But no one appreciated
A sky that was always blue.
And no one congratulated
A moon that was always new.
So it was planned that they would vanish now and them
And you must pay before you get them back again.
That's what storms were made for
And you shouldn't be afraid for
Every time it rains it rains
Pennies from heaven.
Don't you know each cloud contains
Pennies from heaven.
You'll find your fortune falling
All over town.
Be sure that your umbrella is upside down.
Trade them for a package of sunshine and flowers.
If you want the things you love
You must have showers.
So when you hear it thunder
Don't run under a tree.
There'll be pennies from heaven for you and me.

See, pennies on a ceiling would be a very good thing.

Oh I don't like that townhouse in Tribeca, it is COLD, but I would take it, add color, re-decorate it, and make even more money to go live in a hut on the beach in British Honduras, and never wear shoes again!

I lubs ya gurl.

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

7 posted 2011-01-15 08:11 PM

Pennies from Heaven was actually the inspiration--I can actually see that--and it could be bent to round out the room as it drips down a wall in a couple of well-placed extended rays.

Tribeca--it wouldn't hurt, but we know. It's more accomplishment to transform one's hell into Heaven--and it can be done with pennies.

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

8 posted 2011-01-15 08:15 PM

Another thing I'd like...

yanno how they sell motion detector lights?

I want motion detector MUSIC.

Either "One Mint Julep" or "Green Onions"...

hmmm...let's flip a penny!

Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
9 posted 2011-01-25 07:03 AM

I want Barbra Streisand's house..
http://thedevinehome.com/barbra-streisand-home-tour/

serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

10 posted 2011-01-25 04:38 PM

I saw some photos of it on tv some time ago, and she does indeed have a lovely home.

It actually looks like a home.

I've been immersing myself in local reno work--repurposing things has become the concept for private homes here as we all continue to rebuild the community.

There's a home in historic Algiers point that managed to utilize very realistic plastics (recycled milk jugs) to build a wrap-around porch on one of those quaint little gems which abound in our older neighborhoods here.

It's quite intriguing to me, to mix the old with the new--I've been watching with much interest how the Historical Society is going to handle solar panels in The French Quarter.

I love houses, and architectural structures of all kinds--another interesting note is that the former University teaching hospital known as Charity Hospital is being repurposed for apartments/condominiums.

That is a nicer compromise than total demolition.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » My dream home is owned by a voodoo priestess

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary