navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » "I Have A Scream" Speech
pipTalk Lounge
Post A Reply Post New Topic "I Have A Scream" Speech Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
KristieSue
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2003-01-31
Posts 1460
PA, US

0 posted 2004-01-23 07:06 AM

Did anyone see anything wrong with Dean's behavior during his speech?

I thought it was...cute LOL  Meaning, he showed heart.  Am I the only one with that opinion?

"Painting is poetry which is seen and not heard, and poetry is a painting which is heard but not seen." ~Leonardo da Vinci

© Copyright 2004 KristieSue - All Rights Reserved
Christopher
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-08-02
Posts 8296
Purgatorial Incarceration
1 posted 2004-01-23 10:17 AM

saw the title - knew it hadda be about Dean...

ahhhhHHHHHHHHH

i'm STILL laughing

NewEnglandlazurlu
Member Rara Avis
since 2002-01-04
Posts 7470
A Mountain Paradise
2 posted 2004-01-23 10:23 AM

I liked his enthusiasm and saw nothing wrong in what he did.
KristieSue
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2003-01-31
Posts 1460
PA, US
3 posted 2004-01-23 11:17 AM

This morning I had on Good Morning America for a few minutes.  I heard Dean's scream about 4 times LOL

During my car ride, I had on the local radio station...heard the scream about 20 times (literally) LOL

gotta love it...

"Painting is poetry which is seen and not heard, and poetry is a painting which is heard but not seen." ~Leonardo da Vinci

Mistletoe Angel
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
4 posted 2004-01-23 11:46 AM

I was not thrilled at all with his speech, as I found it to be clumsy and awkward, just labeling random states (and forgetting many, even repeating a couple!   ) but, like Sharpton said...

"Don't be hard on yourself about hooting and hollering. If I had spent the money you did and got 18 percent, I'd still be in Iowa hooting and hollering,"

...it's just his style and sometimes you do have to have fun out there! The problem is, I think he didn't really have fun, I thought he was depressed personally of his weak Iowa performance and trying not to cry showed "desperate determinism"

I'll support the winning Democratic candidate but I'm pulling for Edwards as my favorite, with Kuninich following.

Love,
Noah Eaton

"You'll find something that's enough to keep you
But if the bright lights don't receive you
You should turn yourself around and come back home" MB20

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
5 posted 2004-01-23 11:52 AM

Noah, in this regard, we are in agreement.  I would not want Dr. Dean's finger anywhere near our FailSafe system button.

As a registered Democrat, I am watching this all in stride.  I think Edwards shows a great deal of promise.  What I truly hope to continue to see from this young man is more of his non-mud-slinging campaign.  Unfortunately, however, sometimes it seems that if no mud is flung, people lose interest in what is really important.  And it's NOT about theatrics.

It's about common sense, pride, and the mental strength, personal integrity, and physical ability to see a job through.

If it comes down to Edwards and Bush, I'm going to have a very difficult decision to make.

Mistletoe Angel
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
6 posted 2004-01-23 11:12 PM

Oh Karilea, that is also why I like Edwards so much upon early impressions! Unlike the other candidates, he has quite an upbeat outlook on things and justifies his position without profuse name-calling! Politics are lacking the upbeat tone and that's what our nation really needs, without the constant fear of terrorism and other misfortunes lingering over the public.

Love,
Noah Eaton

"You'll find something that's enough to keep you
But if the bright lights don't receive you
You should turn yourself around and come back home" MB20

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » "I Have A Scream" Speech

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary