navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » New Tower Proposal
pipTalk Lounge
Post A Reply Post New Topic New Tower Proposal Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Christopher
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-08-02
Posts 8296
Purgatorial Incarceration

0 posted 2004-01-22 03:59 PM

What ya think?

Pictures here: http://www.renewnyc.com/images_WMS/memorial_final/slides/slide1.asp

More info here: http://www.renewnyc.com/plan_des_dev/wtc_site/new_design_plans/memorial/default.asp

© Copyright 2004 C.G. Ward - All Rights Reserved
nakdthoughts
Member Laureate
since 2000-10-29
Posts 19200
Between the Lines
1 posted 2004-01-22 06:20 PM

I actually thought it is beautiful, although I don't know what those who have lost their families and friends feel...
Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
2 posted 2004-01-24 01:57 AM

Extremely interesting design, and I am trying to find out too how well this is going over with survivors of loved ones.  Made me kind of feel it all over again.  I guess, sometimes pain like this will never go away and perhaps that is a good thing.
2writeis2be
since 2004-01-11
Posts 45
Live in London, but from TX
3 posted 2004-01-25 11:18 AM

Some will obviously think that by building on that site, it is an attempt to move on and start the ball rolling again which they probly won't like. Would probably prefer the site to stay empty to be remembered. I think it's a good design though, and does retain memories of the people lost there while at the same time showing that we will not be beaten by one viscious attempt to scare us.
Denise
Member Seraphic
since 1999-08-22
Posts 22648

4 posted 2004-01-25 09:49 PM

I think it's very beautiful! I like how the original footprints are not built over and that there is a memorial included within the specs. Very appropriate, in my mind. Thanks for sharing it, Chris!
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » New Tower Proposal

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary