navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » The Long and Short of it
pipTalk Lounge
Post A Reply Post New Topic The Long and Short of it Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Skyfyre
since 1999-08-15
Posts 1906
Sitting in Michael's Lap

0 posted 2003-08-30 11:52 PM

What a long three years it has been; and how quickly they flew!  Doesn't make sense.  Doesn't have to.

Three years ago I left everything I knew to start over.  I had nothing, I was no one.  I braved every day at the mercy of moments and unreliable wits.  It was a terror and thrill in the same breath, a stretching of horizons to sometimes painful limits until you catch the barest edge of that epiphany you always knew was there, but never realized you sought.

Rebirth is such a tired word.  Let us say "a Recycling."  

So there I was, oh She of Little Faith but Much Cynicism, peering down my nose at the shallows so far beneath me, capricious, untouchable in any real sense.  

Jaded, guarded and no small bit weary, you harbored no expectations and dared no hopes.  You came before me unadorned, pure and bittersweet in your misery; prepared for anything or nothing.

I think, at first, that I consumed you. *smiles*

Thankfully, you survived.

Today I am three years older and no wiser, yet somehow greater; the part of me I never knew I was missing is snugly and firmly in place, filling the spaces that held only shadow and memory, and perhaps, hope.  That still, gentle spirit that surrendered so completely beyond all dictates of logic and reason remains, uncorrupted, couched tenderly in the deepest reaches of my scarcely-believing heart.  Your lips still kiss my fingers in your sleep, and murmur, "I love you."

I dare not breathe, lest I wake.

Happy birthday, Michael, my love.

Truly,

Linda

© Copyright 2003 Linda Anderson - All Rights Reserved
Michael
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-08-13
Posts 7666
California
1 posted 2003-08-31 04:53 AM

Thank you, Linda.  It hardly seems like three years to me as well.  You did consume me at first.  I remain there still.  After years of silece and brooding, the thought of sharing everything in life with one person still overwhelms me at times.  I never believed what we have possible.  I love you, Linda.  You have given happiness to one who never knew it to be more than a concept.  With you in my life, I am whole.

Thank you Ron and all of Passions as well for making it possible for us.  

Michael

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
2 posted 2003-08-31 07:53 AM

Happy Birthday, Michael...
Happy Anniversary to the both of you.

Janet Marie
Member Laureate
since 2000-01-22
Posts 18554

3 posted 2003-08-31 11:41 PM

quote:
I never believed what we have possible.
You have given happiness to one who never knew it to be more than a concept.

Michael?
Is this when I can say I told you so LOL
I still remember the day you posted those pics of you two and Mikey ...I walked around with a smile till me cheeks hurt...Your poetry nearly broke me mothy heart at times and I think wanted it for you almost more than you did Michael, and that you found here with one as gifted and special as you are was a happy ending bonus that could only come from the magic of poetry and things meant to be.

Happy Birthday M,
and Happy Anniversary to you both.
( now get your groovy butts in here and post some of your legendary rhymes divine.)

Nan
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-20
Posts 21191
Cape Cod Massachusetts USA
4 posted 2003-09-01 08:24 AM

I don't think I could smile much more if I tried.  You two are sooooooooo special, ya know?  I'm so grateful this has happened for you.  I'm grateful for you, for Mikey, and for Passions - I DO miss that great poetry from both of you - But you knew that...

Happy Birthday Mike - Happy Anniversary Linda & Mike...

Huge hugs for you both...

Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
5 posted 2003-09-01 10:50 AM

Happy Birthday Michael!!!

I too remember the photos from your camping trip - and the poem! It was a classic. Has it been 3 years? Goodness it seems like only yesterday. I'm so happy for you both - your love shines in your words to each other. Looks like a long term thing to me!!!!

Marge Tindal
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-06
Posts 42384
Florida's Foreverly Shores
6 posted 2003-09-01 10:56 AM

Linda~
Without doubt this is the most beautiful message of love, hope and tenderness that I have read in a long, long time~

What a gentle birthday greeting from the heart of one ... to the heart of another~

Happy Birthday, Michael~

Happy everyday, Linda~
*Huglets*
~*Marge*~

~*When the heart grieves over what it has lost,
the spirit rejoices over what it has left.
- Sufi epigram
noles1@totcon.com   

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » The Long and Short of it

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary