navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » Tattoos
pipTalk Lounge
Post A Reply Post New Topic Tattoos Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Jesse Jaymz
since 2000-01-24
Posts 708
Youngstown, ohio

0 posted 2001-03-26 03:16 AM

how many of yall have tattoo and what are they.

me i have a white tiger on my right leg for my ex and time in virignia, a custom drawing that my ex fiancee drew before she died on my left shin. and the jappanese letters for broken angel on my left arm. cuz that is what i am

Peace and love
Jesse

I'm a saint and I'm sinner,
I'm a loser and a winner,
I'm steady and unstable,
I'm young but I am able...

© Copyright 2001 Jesse Jaymz - All Rights Reserved
WhtDove
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-07-22
Posts 9245
Illinois
1 posted 2001-03-26 09:07 AM

I like the 'broken angel' thing.

Can't say I have any tattoos. Contemplated getting them, but decided against it. Couldn't imagine what I'd do with them when I grew old and my skin started to wrinkle along with my tattoos.

Acies
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-07
Posts 7665
Twilight Zone
2 posted 2001-03-26 10:02 AM

I'd like to have a tattoo of ELMO or Marvin the marsian

"So long as men can breathe or eyes can see,
So long lives this, and this give life to thee." W.S.

Alicat
Member Elite
since 1999-05-23
Posts 4094
Coastal Texas
3 posted 2001-03-26 10:28 AM

Heh...got three of em, and if I weren't blowing my refund on comp stuff, I'd get number 4.

First is a gothic ankh, adapted from a temp tattoo found in Inphobia (before it became White Wolf magazine). Lots of red, shades of red, and black.....outline hurt a little, but the fill was with a wide blade, right when the endorphines kicked in....still love that feel.

Second is a celtic arm band, black interlace, with raven heads on the end.

Third...well, not sure what it is...had 50 and wanted another tat, so settled for a tribal piece that kinda sorta looks like an angel...kinda.

Fourth, when I can afford it again, will be finishing touches on the arm band, with a celtic spearhead dagging down from dual thistle bowls with circular knotwork inside each bowl. If I could afford number 5, I'll get a celtic circle of life in the middle of my back, in color. (also known as the maze of life)

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
4 posted 2001-03-26 03:52 PM

No tattoo's for me ever.....but if I ever got one it'd be a picture of my butt on a picture of a butt on my butt.
that'd be cool.

Ron
Administrator
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-05-19
Posts 8669
Michigan, US
5 posted 2001-03-26 04:41 PM

Mmmm. Coming from a former Marine, this may sound a little strange, but -

A tattoo seems a bit like painting a mustache on the Mona Lisa.

Acies
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-07
Posts 7665
Twilight Zone
6 posted 2001-03-26 06:36 PM

lol@Ron

Temptress
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-06-15
Posts 7136
Mobile, AL
7 posted 2001-03-26 06:42 PM

Well, I almost hesitate to answer this since everyone sees me as so sickeningly sweet and innoncent most of the time. (not saying anything off color here, just relatting that people have often told me I don't look the type or act the type to have a tatoo..geesh... whatever that means) LOL! I'd like to have one or two small ones, although I'm not sure yet what they would be. Nothing in the normal overused drawings for tatoos. I'd need something a little different. Maybe words instead of pictures? I wonder how hard that would be. The locations would have to be on a body area that draws atention normally without being too obvious. I like to wear shirts that show my stomach...Hmm... Soo..anyways, I have a yellow streak when it comes to actually getting one. I'd have to be unconcious, or very drunk almost to the point of passing out! Geesh..Can we say COWARD? Thats all I have on the subject. LOL! So I guess the answer to your original question would be that I don't have a tatoo.
PhaerieChild
since 1999-08-30
Posts 1787
Aloha, Oregon
8 posted 2001-03-26 10:44 PM

I have a rose with a dangling spider web and a black widow and above that is a small bumble bee. Also have a rose shrouded dagger, and a really old tat of ex boyfriends initials. J.B. I tell people it stands for Joe Blow. Would like a dragon on my shoulder blade. That will have to wait. The color intensity I want is gonna be costly and I need other things than body art right now.

How can you save me?
When the dark comes right in and takes me,
from my front walk and into bed,
where it kisses my face and eats my head. Shivaree

DancinQueen
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2000-07-29
Posts 1092
Kokomo,IN,USA
9 posted 2001-03-26 11:04 PM

the day I turn 18 (Mom's rules) I'm getting a fairy on the small of my back...kinda like Brittney Spears'

¤Sometimes the hardest thing to get over, is something you never really had¤

SEA
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Seraphic
since 2000-01-18
Posts 22676
with you
10 posted 2001-03-26 11:35 PM

I have 4 tattoos.....I love 'em....this summer I am getting #5 (hopefully)

the first one I got is a rose....in black with shades of grey....on the upper soft top of my right breast.....I got it to represent freedom from my ex-husband......it felt glorious....

the second one is a bunny that looks like Thumper from Bambi on the inside of my right ankle, just above the bone.....that one hurt.....I collect bunnies and I did that one with my brother....what a blast.....

the third one is a butterfly.....kind of tribal looking.....with purpleish blue and green....it's beautiful....it's on my upper left back....real close to my shoulder......I got that one because all my life my mom called me her little catapillar.....it didn't hurt......at all....it actually felt really good.......ahhhhhhhhhha

the fourth is my husband's name in cursive on my upper left shoulder.....it sort of hurt...and felt good all at once......I got it because he is the love of my life.....I've known him since I was 14......beyond my husband.....he is my best friend......

They don't hurt as bad as people are led to believe.....I have all of mine in places I can easily cover up......or show.........depending..... I eventually want something a bit wicked......for that part of me.....I don't know what that will be yet, but when I find it or my husband draws it, I'll know about once a year or so, I get the itch for another....I won't get too many more though......I promised my mom I wouldn't end up looking like a "biker chick" lol

I chose my tattoo's very carefully......they represent a part of me......I won't get one just for the sake of getting one. I still look at them and smile....I think that's how it should be ~SEA

dreamer1 12 5 24
since 2000-12-11
Posts 150
crossing between
11 posted 2001-03-27 01:03 AM

I don't have any tattoos, but I just wanted to post to say that I think that anything Celtic rules and that if I had a tattoo it would be the maze of life! Go Alicat!!! If I could afford it I'd send you the money for 4 and 5 just because Celtics rule and I'm not allowed to get a tattoo so you might as well enjoy my tattoo of choice!

(No, I don't suffer from insanity,
I enjoy every minute of it!
My friends all think I'm certifiable. I wonder why!)

....peace as a primary objective is dangerous because it implies that we would sacrifice any principle for the sake of it....
Robert Kaplan

Acies
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-07
Posts 7665
Twilight Zone
12 posted 2001-03-27 09:51 AM

Kiley, Why?
I thought you hate Britney

DancinQueen
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2000-07-29
Posts 1092
Kokomo,IN,USA
13 posted 2001-03-27 10:18 AM

i dont have to like HER...i just think her tattoo is reall cute and its small and in the same spot i want mine~ if i change my mind i'll get somethin lil in chinese

¤Sometimes the hardest thing to get over, is something you never really had¤

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
14 posted 2001-03-27 02:38 PM

Dancin....you'll forever have in mind that you copied a ditzy teen idol....ack!
Britney.....*hides* me no likes her.

Tamma
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2000-01-17
Posts 794
In His Arms, Harpers Ferry, WV
15 posted 2001-03-27 04:06 PM

I want cat eyes on my back!!!   *meowww*

i dont know if i should cry because its over, or smile because it happened

dragonpoe
since 2000-11-12
Posts 608
Palm Bay, Florida
16 posted 2001-03-27 04:10 PM

I don't have any yet, I am too wussy to get one. WHen I do, it will be a dragon on my shoulder. My husband, though, he's got a tiger on his left forearm, a big dragon on his back and the damnable, YOU SHOULD NEVER DO rose on his shoulder with his and his ex-wife's name. For all beginner tattooer's
NEVER GET ANOTHER PERSON'S NAME ON YOUR BODY!!!!  

With the word, I am mighty, with the pen I am free..
dragonpoe

Jesse Jaymz
since 2000-01-24
Posts 708
Youngstown, ohio
17 posted 2001-03-27 04:26 PM

Tamma:  cat eyes on your back??  that i like.          *puuurrrrrrs towards her*  heheeheh.  we got to talk. hehehehehe  jk.

I'm a saint and I'm sinner,
I'm a loser and a winner,
I'm steady and unstable,
I'm young but I am able...

[This message has been edited by Jesse Jaymz (edited 03-27-2001).]

SEA
Member Seraphic
since 2000-01-18
Posts 22676
with you
18 posted 2001-03-27 05:18 PM

yes, tha name thing can be messy......when I got my bunny, my brother got his wife's name in a big yellow rose....(ugh)Now they are divorced and this last July he got it filled in to cover up her name, eventually he will cover up the entire tattoo......yes, I have my husband's name on me, but if you read the above explanation, hopefully you'll  understand that it was thought through considerably......he has been a part of my life forever.....he is a part of me.....ANY WAY......be careful what you put on your body, definately!     SEA

[This message has been edited by SEA (edited 03-27-2001).]

Acies
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-07
Posts 7665
Twilight Zone
19 posted 2001-03-27 10:47 PM

Tamma
~*purrrrrrrr*~  

coyote
since 2001-03-17
Posts 1077

20 posted 2001-03-30 12:40 PM

I'd have to agree with Ron. Never got one myself. But there is something very tribal about permanently painting one's skin that has always interested me.
Alicat from Yuma, are you a Marine by any chance stationed at MCAS? Just curious.

"The poet is the priest of the invisible."
Wallace Stevens

Alicat
Member Elite
since 1999-05-23
Posts 4094
Coastal Texas
21 posted 2001-03-30 02:26 PM

ROFL....dreamer1, you definately have good taste....disturbed minds do think alike, eh?  

coyote, naw...me's no marine, though I do know where the base is. Only been here about 6 months so far, and only military I tried was Texas Army National Guard, but got a MED200 for asthma (it was a bronchial infection, but a private should never contradict a colonel.....)

dragonpoe
since 2000-11-12
Posts 608
Palm Bay, Florida
22 posted 2001-03-30 09:15 PM

Sorry, Sea. I didn't see your post on your tattooes before I made my little remark.  Fortunately you have a good relationship with your ex. At least you have good memories, that's rare. :0)
Oh, and I still haven't gottne mine.

With the word, I am mighty, with the pen I am free..
dragonpoe

Alwye
Member Elite
since 1999-06-16
Posts 3850
In the space between moments
23 posted 2001-03-30 09:54 PM

Well, I've been trying to convince my mom that when I turn 18 we should go together and get tatoos.  She wants a wolf of some kind and I want a unicorn...I've always been in love with unicorns and they're one of the few things that really represent my soul.  Now the big question is if I can work up enough courage to actually get a tatoo...I'm a wussie, LOL.  

*Krista Knutson*

"We can all become what we aspire to be
If Heaven's here on Earth..." ~Tracy Chapman

Irish Rose
Member Patricius
since 2000-04-06
Posts 10263

24 posted 2001-03-31 10:14 AM

I have a scar on my face, my arm, my wrist, my side,  and my foot, no thank you to tattoos!!!

Kathleen Blake

"When red-haired girls scamper like roses over the rain-green grass,
and the sun drips honey."
Laurie Lee

coyote
since 2001-03-17
Posts 1077

25 posted 2001-03-31 11:38 AM

Alicat,
Thanks for the reply.

"The only thing new in the world, is the history we don't know."
Harry S. Truman

Irie
since 1999-12-01
Posts 1493
Washington State
26 posted 2001-03-31 12:16 PM

Yep, Irie has one that is now 13 years old and in desperate need of a touch up. Turns out the touch up will cost me more than the original work it self. Go figure  

Anyway, I have one on my the back of my left shoulder. It's the face of a Black Panther, roaring.

I'm thinking of getting one or two more, but not to sure about it yet. I have the same thoughts as whtdove does....And old granny with sagging tattoo's.
One of my thoughts are a Dolphin across my lower back.
We'll see........

Great question Jesse.....great way to get to know everyone just a little better.  

~Sheri

"The things that come to those that wait may be the things
left by those who got there first"

[This message has been edited by Irie (edited 03-31-2001).]

Jesse Jaymz
since 2000-01-24
Posts 708
Youngstown, ohio
27 posted 2001-03-31 01:26 PM

irie: thanks.     i was looking at my tattoos and wondeered how many others have them.     and its always good to know your fellow poet better.  *hugs*  a panther huh?     *no comment*  hehehehe

Follow me everything is alright
I'll be the one to tuck you in at night
And if you want to leave I can guarantee
You wont find nobody else like me

SEA
Member Seraphic
since 2000-01-18
Posts 22676
with you
28 posted 2001-04-02 11:21 AM

DragonPoe~ the tattoo is of my current husband's name..........NOT my ex-husband......my ex husband is a mean, heartless *******.....it's my husband now that is my best friend.....just wanted to clear that up!! I have NO relationship with my ex.....and I never will....when I said good-bye to him.......I meant it.    SEA
Lone Wolf
Member Ascendant
since 2000-03-16
Posts 5842
Lansing, MI USA
29 posted 2001-04-03 01:49 AM

Hmmmmm . . . I don't have any right now, BUT I would like a wolf and a marvin the martian.  Not huge and somewhere I could hide them if I chose.  That would be cool.  Maybe someday I'll get the guts to do it!!  
Spice
since 2001-04-13
Posts 1266
Resting in my cardboard box.
30 posted 2001-06-02 11:01 PM

I want a fairy on the lower middle part of my back, right above my batching suit or something.... I think nose-singer girl has one..Brittney Spears. (Doesn't she sound like she sings through her nose to you???)
Or maybe a butterfly instead in the same spot...
I'd probably never do it though... Too much pain. =(

Skyfyre
since 1999-08-15
Posts 1906
Sitting in Michael's Lap
31 posted 2001-06-03 04:53 AM

All I have (so far) is a pair of fang marks on the left side of my neck ...

If I ever do get another, 'twill be draconian in nature ... just not sure where or when ...

Linda

brian madden
Member Elite
since 2000-05-06
Posts 4374
ireland
32 posted 2001-06-03 11:16 AM

hate needles I am coward... I would get sick of the tattoo after a while anyway
I have a celtic braclet that I always wear on my left arm. Closest thing to a tattoo I will ever get.

"difference between love and comfortis that comfort's more reliable and true
Brutal and mocking but always therea crutch for enmity's saddest glare"

Blaec
since 2001-04-23
Posts 130
The Sunshine State
33 posted 2001-06-03 11:46 AM

TATTOOS!  ONE OF MY FAVORITE SUBJECTS!  I HAVE SIX!

THE FIRST IS A BUTTERFLY WITH A FACE HIDDEN IN THE WINGS.  
THEN I GOT DOPEY THE DWARF BUT IT NEEDS TO BE COVERED UP.
I HAVE AN ANGEL WITH THE WORDS "ALWAYS IN MY HEART JOSH" ON MY RIGHT SHOULDER.      GOT IT WHEN MY COUSIN WAS KILLED.
I HAVE A TREE FROG ON THE TOP OF MY FOOT.
A BLACK TRIBAL BUTTERFLY ON MY LOWER LEG.
AND MY FAVORITE IS MY NEWEST ONE.  I HAVE AN EGYPTIAN GODESS ON MY LOWER BACK.  SHE IS RISING UP OUT OF RED FLAMES WITH A CRYSTAL BALL.  THE COLORS ARE INTENSE.  IT'S SOME OF THE BEST WORK I'VE EVER SEEN.  I'M GLAD IT'S IN MY SKIN!

SO I'M A TATTOO FREAK BASICALLY.  THEY ARE SO ADDICTIVE.

[This message has been edited by Blaec (edited 06-03-2001).]

Dopey Dope
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2000-08-30
Posts 11132
San Juan, Puerto Rico
34 posted 2001-06-03 02:15 PM

Blaec......I love your dopey tattoo  
SEA
Member Seraphic
since 2000-01-18
Posts 22676
with you
35 posted 2001-06-03 07:17 PM

.......most know by now...I got my fifth....it's a tribal lookin dragon on the inside upper part of my right arm.....all black....very cool.... I like it very much  
StarrGazer
since 2000-03-05
Posts 679
Texas
36 posted 2001-06-08 12:48 PM

I have a rose on my ankle ... and have the graphic for my next tat just have to go to get it done its a rose with a tribal design that will go on my middle lower back ... if i didnt watch it i'd be covered in tattoos they're addictive ...and i seem to have this rose fetish or sumfin lol
Isis
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-06
Posts 6296
Sunny Queensland
37 posted 2001-06-08 09:53 PM

Shock!  I have two tattoos myself.  Two small ones. One on each breast.  Right is the Celtic symbol for the Triple Goddess - my best friend in the world Karen and I both got that on Valentine's Day and I have on the left breast a Celtic circle.
They are both small, and unobtrusive and are positioned, so no matter what little top I am wearing they cannot be seen.
Didn't hurt at all, just feels like someone drawing on you with a biro...
Isis

*Enlightenment is within all things*
~Isis~~Sovereign of the Spirit.

zzz
since 2001-06-06
Posts 55

38 posted 2001-06-26 09:09 PM

hi people, i have a tattoo on my left shoulder. its a bird some flowers a scroll with my partners name in it. i always swore id never get one,always thought they wernt right for girls. then one day i just woke up and wanted to break from the routine oflife and do something mad. the tattoo was the result. my partner and i have been together a long time, and although commited he did not like the idea of marrage.he has my name on his arm, so i thought id get his as a sign of commitment  then he decided to propose!
im now saving up to get a wolf done as they are so beautiful
bye for now
zzzzzzzzzzzz

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » Tattoos

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary