navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » Days off - your plans?
pipTalk Lounge
Post A Reply Post New Topic Days off - your plans? Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
PoetryIsLife
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2001-10-27
Posts 1763
...in my boxers...

0 posted 2002-09-05 10:32 PM

Hey.

I'm getting three days off for the first time in a few weeks... I'm looking forward to it.

What do you all do on your days off?

Sincerely,
Titus

"I'll prepare myself, and one day my time will come."
            -Abraham Lincoln

© Copyright 2002 Daniel Redding - All Rights Reserved
serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

1 posted 2002-09-05 11:33 PM

Looking around the livingroom, oh. Playtime? I might.

yawn...think I'll put on some Joni Mitchell and go get another beer while I think about it. *neener-neener-neener*

(The more things change, the more they stay the same...giggles!)

Hugs you...and my advice? GO DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT. (and? don't do as I do...do as I say...sheesh did I really type that?)

Ron
Administrator
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-05-19
Posts 8669
Michigan, US
2 posted 2002-09-06 12:58 PM

On one of my days off, I go over to my sister's house and eat turkey. On the other day off, I go over to my sister's house to exchange gifts and eat turkey.
Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
3 posted 2002-09-06 01:07 AM

Ron, don't you get a day off when you go over to your sister's house, blow out some candles, eat some turkey and go home?
Ron
Administrator
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-05-19
Posts 8669
Michigan, US
4 posted 2002-09-06 01:46 AM

Are you kidding? That's the one day of the year when I'm MOST reminded how little time there is to do everything I want to do.

Besides, Colon is a small town. And I'd feel silly importing candles …

Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
5 posted 2002-09-06 02:14 AM

Cute Ron...but remember? You're still younger than I am!!
Sudhir Iyer
Member Ascendant
since 2000-04-26
Posts 6943
Mumbai, India : now in Belgium
6 posted 2002-09-06 07:02 AM

what I used to do for the last 3 years or so, whenever I got a few days off, particularly a long weekend is check who else of my friends have days off... if more than one, we plan to travel to one of the neighbouring towns... there are many wonderful little towns in Europe... do some sight seeing... some local history classes... some photography... some gastronomy... some local town jokes at a local pub... and all that local things, which otherwise is not possible to do or learn...

soon found out though the travel and stay is not expensive, photography is... darn Kodak! ... anyway these days... finding any time off is like a miracle... being an Indian I am a naturally born cricketer (sic!) and hence all my summer weekends dissapear playing cricket games from morning till evening... and winter weekends are for staying in and enjoying the pleasures of long deep slumbers... in hibernating mode...

well, my suggestion, if the weather is bright, go out to the nature... spend a night by the sea or by a river or a lake (if there is no evil mosquito!!!)... walk in the woods, if you ride, pick a horse and ride... anything but stay at home...

alternately you could visit someone whom you have not met for a while... that would make someone happy... and smile...

Anyway, have a great time off...

regards,
sudhir

bsquirrel
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-01-03
Posts 7855

7 posted 2002-09-06 12:51 PM

I'd like to share my life with Lori. So, basically, a life off rather than a day off.

Mikey

anya
since 2002-07-27
Posts 393
London, UK
8 posted 2002-09-06 12:53 PM

Have just started my A Level courses today (the major exams here in British schools)and after having had ninteenth centuary history and philosphy and ethics today  I am convinced that I will spend my days off for the next two years wading through these huge and scary looking books I have been given, have just read a bit of Kant, oh dear oh dear, am definetly not going to have any days off
Kielo
since 2002-02-11
Posts 1109

9 posted 2002-09-06 02:25 PM

I think you should email me. LOL

Um... Go do something crazy with a good friend, and don't tell anyone, ever, because it was something too stupid to tell... Just don't do something you'll regret...

Kielo

I LOVE YOU! *kisses you* hehehe...

PoetryIsLife
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2001-10-27
Posts 1763
...in my boxers...
10 posted 2002-09-06 05:12 PM

Thanks for the feedback.

I slept in. Mostly because I was up late talking with someone.... and then randomly deciding to watch a movie at 2am. Anyhow.... today, my first of three days off, I shall recieve one of three orders of CD's. Have some studying to do, and a bit fo cleaning. Need to clean my car. *grumbles about rainstorms* Anyhow... I have do idea why I told you all of this. Oh! Because you love me.

Sincerely,
Titus

-Abraham Lincoln

Irie
since 1999-12-01
Posts 1493
Washington State
11 posted 2002-09-06 07:04 PM

I am spoiled and pretty much get what ever days off I want.
Then again, I don't always get paid either.
So, I am lucky enough to spread the "things to do" through out the year.
My last four days off I went to Neah Bay and went salmon fishing.....
What a blast!
Sometimes I give the house an overhaul.
Sometimes I sit and do nothing.
Most times I go camping or fishing.....
What ever I can do to get away from home.

~Sheri

"Don't wait for your ship to come in ...
Swim out to it"

Skyfire
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-12-27
Posts 3381
Riding
12 posted 2002-09-06 09:28 PM

So you got off AIM and watched a movie? Geeze. Oh and doesn't that someone you were talking to deserve a name? LMAO.
On my days off... I'm sleeping in tomorrow, then me and Racheal are going to town to find someone who can fix her computer, and tomorrow night I'm partying with Diane in my room.
Sunday... depending on how uh, "ill" I feel, I might go to church. Sunday night I'm going to see Bif Naked play at someplace in town

PoetryIsLife
since 2001-10-27
Posts 1763
...in my boxers...
13 posted 2002-09-06 09:46 PM

YOU GET TO SEE Bif Naked?!?

Damn you.

Sincerely,
Titus

-Abraham Lincoln

bsquirrel
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-01-03
Posts 7855

14 posted 2002-09-06 11:03 PM

Wear yr Tango Shoes!
Skyfire
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-12-27
Posts 3381
Riding
15 posted 2002-09-07 05:12 AM

Oh and I get to have a shower tomorrow! LMAO long story, Ti.
Duncan
Member Ascendant
since 2001-08-07
Posts 5455

16 posted 2002-09-07 02:25 PM

What's a day off?  Oh yeah, those few hours a week I have to beg for.  This week and next, I'm packing.  Week after that, I'm (hopefully) moving.  Then there will be the unpacking.  Again, what's a day off?  lol
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » pipTalk Lounge » Days off - your plans?

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary