navwin » Archives » Critical Analysis #2 » eye
Critical Analysis #2
Post A Reply Post New Topic eye Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Seth
since 2003-04-13
Posts 74
Arizona

0 posted 2003-10-30 01:50 AM

we the voice of one
out cry
the space spoke beauty
slumbers
terrified to be the beast

beatle on her back
tenuous and twitching
the def
the dumb
among bushes burning

pyre for the damned devoted
why seek ye living
dead
devour roses
pacify
ironic

© Copyright 2003 Joshua Douglas Hurst - All Rights Reserved
hush
since 2001-05-27
Posts 1653
Ohio, USA
1 posted 2003-11-01 10:51 AM

def... as in, def poetry?

I think you have an interesting grouping of words here, but I feel like I'm looking at a puzzle with only the border put together. For it to have much more meaning to me, I think I would need to see a little more.

Maybe you could just add a little transition here and there, and sort of show how these images are connected? It might clarify some. Then, it might just be me... maybe someone else will get it?

Hope I've helped.

b.costen
since 2003-11-02
Posts 107
ontario, CAN
2 posted 2003-11-02 11:18 PM

I liked the last four lines especially, and I caught on to some of the allusions (I think, unless I'm creating allusions you didn't know you included and I'm making stuff up).

I enjoy your word play, and can't remember anything harsh I wanted to say.

ben

so what's it going to be then, eh?

Seth
since 2003-04-13
Posts 74
Arizona
3 posted 2003-11-03 03:18 AM

hush,as I have always enjoyed reading your reply's I will just say this...taht I have labored long on this poem and its takes work to grasp it. i started with a poem completely understandable and ended with my first genuine enigma.

Yes the allusions you see, they are not mirages (sp?) They exist. hopefully people wil not think I am trying to be mysterious and read and critique this poem as I have become attached to it.

Have you come to the place where you KNOW that you have made recognizable progress and  needed feedback....well, thats where you will find me.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Critical Analysis #2 » eye

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary