navwin » Archives » Critical Analysis #2 » Ordinary
Critical Analysis #2
Post A Reply Post New Topic Ordinary Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Monk Frost I!
since 2008-06-15
Posts 80

0 posted 2009-03-10 12:26 PM

Strange the task of a verb
Indicative of a sentence
Ordinary most of our word
Lost in complacence

© Copyright 2009 Terry Ridener - All Rights Reserved
turtle
since 2009-01-23
Posts 548
Harbor
1 posted 2009-03-10 01:59 AM

I think probably the most important of words is the noun
Nouns are cool, a verb only gives the subject motion. A
noun is what gives the thought its meaning and changing
a noun can change the meaning even greater than a fast
hare vs a slow turtle. Reverse it and we have a slow hare vs
a fast turtle. But change the nouns and we can have a fast
hand vs a slow woman, or a slow hand vs a fast outlaw, a
fast wit vs a slow retort, or slow cheese vs a fast cockroach...heh

Verbs give thoughts motion, but nouns give thoughts spatiality

[This message has been edited by turtle (03-10-2009 02:34 AM).]

moonbeam
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2005-12-24
Posts 2356

2 posted 2009-03-12 10:00 AM

From PiP Philosophy:

"If you have a large inventory of poems you've written we'd love to see them all - but, please, not all at the same time. We like to give the other poets room to post their material, too, so our software allows no one to post more than three poems a day. This also give(sic) you the time and opportunity to reply to the works of your peers, always an important part of our community.

We have a great bunch of people at the forums, and everyone is having a wonderful time. Abiding by these simple rules will keep it that way!"

Not A Poet
Member Elite
since 1999-11-03
Posts 3885
Oklahoma, USA
3 posted 2009-03-12 11:26 AM

Monk, Moonbeam speaks wisely. The 3-a-day rule works pretty well in the fast moving forums. Here in CA, where the intent is to thoroughly analyze each post, it does not work at all. Even one per day is usually too much. It takes time for the group to discuss a poem. The way you are flooding the pages gives a strong impression that you are simply dumping your computer here, possibly because you don't know how to clean it up otherwise. If that's the case, learn to use the Delete button instead.

As moderator of CA, I ask you to please stop the spam. Or at lease slow down to where it might become something of value in a critical analysis environment.

Pete

Ron
Administrator
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-05-19
Posts 8669
Michigan, US
4 posted 2009-03-12 12:16 PM

I've got a much better idea, guys . . .
moonbeam
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2005-12-24
Posts 2356

5 posted 2009-03-12 05:10 PM

Sorry Ron.  You see I usually wake up grouchy, and being greeted by these gems each morning is rather like walking into a kitchen wallpapered with posters of Britney - addictive but enraging

Ok ok I know.  I enrolled for anger management only the other day

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Critical Analysis #2 » Ordinary

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary