navwin » Archives » Critical Analysis #2 » Reflections on the nature of light
Critical Analysis #2
Post A Reply Post New Topic Reflections on the nature of light Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
MukkaKukka
since 2006-09-18
Posts 88
Finland

0 posted 2006-09-18 07:43 AM

I have been thinking of an experiment.

To build a room with a black wall and windows with three layers.

And then to observe it on a warm summer day.

There it would become tangible, the nature of energy, the unexplained, the divine mover.

Energy in the form of light penetrates the glass, the black hole swallows it, turns it into heat which the structure of glass keeps from escaping into the ozone warmed greenhouse, so this is a dynamo.

The secret of the world, the blind laws.

I could be part of the audience, and the trees, blessed beings with the ability to drink directly from the rays of sun, the jury, but a gentle one.

The symbol of our lot: The Moon.

And the scientist bows his head.

In the the night fusionfuelled lamps draw a lightthirsty moth.

Garden whispers to a lone passerby,

remove your armature, a butterly has to make her way without an armor and the ants

build the mausoleum, blind, oblivious.

© Copyright 2006 Petri Pokkinen - All Rights Reserved
moonbeam
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2005-12-24
Posts 2356

1 posted 2006-09-18 08:32 AM

There are things to like about this (some of the images), but it seems unformed, unfinished, and apart from some of the lines towards the close it reads like a prose draft groping towards the poem.

Much of the clumsiness could perhaps be overcome by cutting.  The phrase “There it would become ...” for instance seems redundant and clunky, and L5 - L7 reminds me of something my physics teacher might have said.

I know the poem is entitled “Reflections ...” so it has a right to be somewhat meditative I suppose, but as it stands the randomness is just too, er, random for my taste.

M

MukkaKukka
since 2006-09-18
Posts 88
Finland
2 posted 2006-09-18 08:58 AM

REflections here is supposed to  have a doublemeaning here

The prism and the manifold hues of the rainbow, the shredding lens of water, the elements

The Moon reflects and to reflect on the reflections is the nature of all analysis, you know about the analyzing analysist that analyzes the analysis.

moonbeam
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2005-12-24
Posts 2356

3 posted 2006-09-18 09:15 AM

Yes, I was aware of the multiple meanings when I commented.

M

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Critical Analysis #2 » Reflections on the nature of light

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary