navwin » Archives » Critical Analysis #2 » Backsliding
Critical Analysis #2
Post A Reply Post New Topic Backsliding Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
warmhrt
since 1999-12-18
Posts 1563

0 posted 2006-08-05 10:16 PM

from an ugly past,
he has seen redemption,
imagining himself an authority,
a knight from the kingdom of saints,
pontifical, relentless,
meting out judgement,
bribing, manipulating,
whatever must be done
to see that others
tread on his heels.

what of liberty,
unshackled perceptions,
intelligent progression?

in conquest,
his assemblage would send us
on an antiquated byroad,
dissolution of rational movement,
of autonomy,
of free will.

"It is wisdom to know others;
It is enlightenment to know one's self" - Lao Tzu

© Copyright 2006 warmhrt - All Rights Reserved
Beau de L'air
since 2006-08-03
Posts 105
Middlesex, England
1 posted 2006-08-06 09:58 AM

Says you who has written 1500 poems!  A slight advance on the bard no less.  But do you write to be read or do you write poems to go mad with?  There's quite a lot of that in this forum I think. Was it in  replies to decomposition thatyou said the forum had changed.  I've never done the internet before, so what's PIP on a scale of 1 bad to 10 good?  Should I plough on and hit the 50 post mark or not bother?  
As for the poem.... Do you invite suggestions or not?  Not wishing to pontificate... I mean what's constructive?  

warmhrt
since 1999-12-18
Posts 1563

2 posted 2006-08-06 10:23 AM

Beau,

Please read all of the replies to "Decomposition", and you will get your answer. Thank you for reading.

Kris

Beau de L'air
since 2006-08-03
Posts 105
Middlesex, England
3 posted 2006-08-06 01:00 PM

Mmmmmm.......fair enough.  I'm only playing with this internet thing.  You have a big investment and a history with this forum.  I'm on holiday and the sun is shining; may it shine on you and I hope you get the bad guys.  Your poem is heartfelt anyway..Free expression is good but sometimes irritating to read unless you meditate on each word.  But then the words have to be arresting or intriguing. I think it is harder to achieve and more challenging if it is to succeed. Good luck with it anyway.  From the tone of your posts I propose not to bother you again.  Good luck with your quest.   Adieu . P.S your ogre poem is great!  

[This message has been edited by Beau de L'air (08-06-2006 08:16 PM).]

warmhrt
since 1999-12-18
Posts 1563

4 posted 2006-08-06 09:09 PM

Beau,

It is difficult on the internet to set a tone, especially when you are hurried. Do not mean to be anything other than helpful. I truly do have a warm heart, and care about others. No "bad" guys in my personal life...I'm happily married, and have a wonderful family.
Good luck to you, keep writing. I've done my job here, so I'll probably be gone a while.

P.S. The number of posts listed for those in PiP include replies, as well as poems.

Thanks for replying,
Kris

[This message has been edited by warmhrt (08-06-2006 11:06 PM).]

Beau de L'air
since 2006-08-03
Posts 105
Middlesex, England
5 posted 2006-08-07 08:49 AM

You're all right, Kris,  Emily Dickinson wrote 1789 poems.  I was just being snide.  Truly, forgive me.  X  BdL'
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Critical Analysis #2 » Backsliding

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary