navwin » Archives » Critical Analysis #2 » Dryshod
Critical Analysis #2
Post A Reply Post New Topic Dryshod Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
eminor_angel
since 2003-05-22
Posts 323
Canada

0 posted 2005-02-18 08:06 PM

Dryshod

"And the LORD shall utterly destroy the tongue of the Egyptian sea; and with his mighty wind shall he shake his hand over the river, and shall smite it in the seven streams, and make men go over dryshod"
- Isaiah 11:14-16

feels like dampness would kill you snatch
your hope and faith like Death's angel took Pharaoh's
baby so dryshod could lead you free of your excuses to doubt

would He have let even one drop stray?

I know this poem needs revision, most likely some expansion, but I'm having a drought of ideas. Thanks for your help.
~S

[This message has been edited by eminor_angel (02-20-2005 11:02 AM).]

© Copyright 2005 eminor_angel - All Rights Reserved
eminor_angel
since 2003-05-22
Posts 323
Canada
1 posted 2005-02-18 08:08 PM

I made an error in the line breaks of this poem, as 'would He have let even one drop stray" is the last line of the poem, and the following lines are commentary. I intended there to be spaces separating them. Sorry!
Not A Poet
Member Elite
since 1999-11-03
Posts 3885
Oklahoma, USA
2 posted 2005-02-18 11:51 PM

You can edit it and make the correction, if you hurry; only 24 hours to do so. Click the icon in the bar over the poem that looks like a note pad with a pencil. Hold the pointer over it a second and it will say edit, or something like that. At the next window then just make any changes you want and click the SUBMIT button when done.

Not A Poet
Member Elite
since 1999-11-03
Posts 3885
Oklahoma, USA
3 posted 2005-02-26 11:33 PM

Without the biblical reference, the poem has a hard time standing on its own. You're right, more substance is needed. Also, this one cries out for punctuation. The line breaks are misleading when reading. For example, without a comma before snatch in the first line, in is grammatical nonsense. I think you have a good start but it does need alot more work.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Critical Analysis #2 » Dryshod

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary