navwin » Archives » Spiritual Journeys » Risk taking and truth seeking
Spiritual Journeys
Post A Reply Post New Topic Risk taking and truth seeking Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
matrixtrinity303
since 2002-02-07
Posts 4
FL, USA

0 posted 2002-06-13 09:45 PM

OK, my name is Jessica Sills and it's been a while since I've put any poetry in this site.  My first two poems were written when i was 14.  Now I'm 17.  And I've been searching for my place in this world.  My search has lead me places that could be considered controversial, and although I am scarred of the consequences of delving into this realm and being wrong, it's a risk i have to take.

Risk I will Take

Where should I start?
Where do I begin?
I've been searching my heart
To find where I fit in.

Convention says nowhere
You are what you are
But I can't settle for that
I feel the truth isn't far

So please forgive me
If I take this too far
I'm doing all I can
I'm following my heart

And how is that wrong?
Can I really be condemned?
If I can then I'm sorry
But my ground I must stand.

Hell may hurt, but living a lie
Is eternally worse, at least in my eyes.
So this leap of faith is mine to make
I'll have no regrets, so this risk i will take.
Please tell me what you think, thanks for reading.

© Copyright 2002 Jessica Sills - All Rights Reserved
Lighthousebob
Member Elite
since 2000-06-14
Posts 4725
California
1 posted 2002-06-14 11:58 AM

Jessica,

When you say in your introduction "This Realm," I believe you are talking about the Spiritual realm of Jesus Christ. You've asked me what I think at the end of your poem and I think that you have begun a life changing adventure if indeed you are seeking the Spirit of Christ in your life.  In regards to your comment that you searched in places that could be considered controversial, let me encourage you that you are not alone.  When we come to Christ or return to Christ, we turn away from those places of our past and we ask GOD to forgive us and GOD is Faithful to forgive us of all the things that we and others may consider controversial to the will of GOD in our lives.  Let me assure you my friend that this journey you have begun is not a phase but that it is a "Life" journey.  A journey that will take you through this life and into your life to come.  In your poem you have asked, "Where do I start...Where do I begin?"  You begin by knowing this...  GOD Loves You more than you will ever understand or know and GOD wants to give to you His very-very best.  No worries and no risks involved, just receive the Love and Forgiveness that GOD has given you.  Let me once again assure you, that your decision to turn from your past and to trust your future to Jesus Christ is never wrong and will be by far the best decision that you will ever make.  GOD bless you and thank you for sharing and for making that first step.  -Bob

Joyce Johnson
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2001-03-10
Posts 9912
Washington State
2 posted 2002-06-14 04:58 PM

I am not sure if your poem related to God as Bob read it or to this site, which I first thought you were speaking about.  In either case you have come to the right place, because this site is all about finding God and we have wonderful poets like Bob to lead you.  Joyce
Trillium
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-03-09
Posts 12098
Idaho, USA
3 posted 2002-06-14 07:59 PM

Jessica:  You have taken a brave step in posting your feelings and quest for your place in the universe, this site and God's world! Your poem shows you are determined to find what you are searching for and I'm sure you will.  Everyone who posts here writes excellent poetry but beyond that they will be your friends!

Welcome to the site!

Betty Lou Hebert

sandgrain
Member Elite
since 1999-09-21
Posts 3662
Sycamore, IL, USA
4 posted 2002-06-16 11:09 PM

Welcome, Jessica! Sometimes it's hard for us to name what we're searching for but it's usually peace, security, and love wrapped in truth. The darker the sky, the brighter the stars and having tasted a dark side of life makes the light of truth far more appealing. You show both bravery and honesty which will carry you far.

Bless you and thanks for sharing.
  Rae

Mistletoe Angel
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
5 posted 2002-06-17 11:22 PM

YAY!!! Oh my gosh, this is such a fabulous and sincerely heartfelt debut, sweet friend, whether or jot you are an excursion to find solace in Him or just here to join our coterie and to find many loving friends to support you and find your place, you have come to the right place, for we all share these same thoughts as you do and you are very special to us all, I LOVE IT!!! Welcome to Passions, sweet Jessica, may you be inspired by all of us here as we will all be inspired by your lovely words! (smiles) I can't wait to read more of your lovely words, we all love you so much! You have such a beautiful heart, sweet Jessica, thank you for sharing!

May love and light always shine upon you!

Love,
Noah Eaton

"Underneath your clothes there's an endless story..."

Shakira

tracie66
Member Elite
since 2000-01-18
Posts 4713
Australia
6 posted 2002-06-19 06:48 AM

Welcome Jessica~

I agree with all above and I also thought at first you were talking about this site but anyway you showed your voice here and I'm sure many will listen, you have penned your feelings well and I applaud you for your wonderful and encouraging heart...this piece so very inspiring and I too hope you will be inspired by others here.
~HUGS~
Tracie

Love is the life of the soul...
It is the harmony of the universe

BSC
Member Elite
since 2000-02-04
Posts 2919
New York, USA
7 posted 2002-06-19 07:46 AM

Welcome to Passions Matrixtrinity ~ You have taken a bold step into our little community, what a wonderfully penned peek into your heart, so full of determination...May your search bring you all that you seek.  Please check your e-mail for a special greeting.  Bonnie
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Spiritual Journeys » Risk taking and truth seeking

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary