navwin » Archives » Spiritual Journeys » To Julie {dedicated of a former fellow TMI team member}
Spiritual Journeys
Post A Reply Post New Topic To Julie {dedicated of a former fellow TMI team member} Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Magicmystery
since 2002-02-13
Posts 821
Windsor, Ontario, Canada

0 posted 2002-04-13 12:08 PM

To Julie

I knew you only for a short time,
And you touched my life uniquely,
But it is not with sadness,
That I say "Good-bye",
My friend, I will see you,
When we're caught up in the sky,
In the clouds, together,
Far beyond our graves,
We will sing a New song,
To our Lord in praise.
For one so new-born,
You were so full of faith.
The miracle I saw in you,
Lives on and proves He Saves.

Note. 20 Years ago I met a young lady from California named Julie Hayes.  She had been sent to Teen Missions International by the Court system of that state as a choice made ... either juvy jail or a summer stint on a missionary team. At first, she was tougher than all of us "Christian wimps" but with a little time and teamwork we brought her around to see God's Light....It seemed to happen quite suddenly, her receiving Christ as personal Saviour transformed her into the beautiful young child of God that we sadly said farewell to at the end of the summer.... She went back home a totally new person, Spirit filled. And formed a singing group purposed on spreading the gospel. Tragically, she was killed not more than a year later in a car accident.... When I heard the news, my heart broke in two.  One more soldier called home is all I could say to ease my sadness......

Love Light and Peace,

Sherry Gardner

Cherish the good memories past and look forward to the adventure called Tomorrow.
But above all... be kind to yourself today.

© Copyright 2002 Sherry Lynn Gardner - All Rights Reserved
Mistletoe Angel
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
1 posted 2002-04-13 12:13 PM

(tears fall down my cheeks) God Bless You, sweet friend, this story about broke my heart reading it yet it also brought a smile to my face to see how one can change in just a simple twist of faith and how I know now she will forever be safe in His embrace! (BIG HUGGGSSSSSS) This has me flooding in tears, sweet friend, you are a true angel and my heart goes out to you and the girls family too and the soldier that tried to comfort them, we all love you so much! God Bless You! You have such a beautiful heart, sweet Sherry, thank you for sharing!

May love and light always shine upon you!

Love,
Noah Eaton

Joyce Johnson
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2001-03-10
Posts 9912
Washington State
2 posted 2002-04-13 02:13 AM

This is very sad but a tribute to yourself and the others for helping her to find a new way of life before it was too late.  God bless all of you.  Joyce
Trillium
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-03-09
Posts 12098
Idaho, USA
3 posted 2002-04-13 03:55 PM

Dear Sherry:  What a lovely poem.  I'm sorry for your sdaness but it is wonderful for you to know that Julie was saved and you will see her again.

Betty Lou Hebert

Lighthousebob
Member Elite
since 2000-06-14
Posts 4725
California
4 posted 2002-04-13 08:46 PM

Sherry,

All welled-up with tears...........

Not, so much with sadness, but because of the impact of your testimony.  GOD is so good and he planned it all out so beautifully for this dear young saint of GOD.  My heart is touched by the goodness of GOD with this poem.  And, I do believe with all my heart that you will meet again my friend over on the other side.  Amen.  GOD bless.  -Bob

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Spiritual Journeys » To Julie {dedicated of a former fellow TMI team member}

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary