navwin » Archives » Spiritual Journeys » What do you say?
Spiritual Journeys
Post A Reply Post New Topic What do you say? Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
SavedbyGrace
since 2002-01-16
Posts 36
MA

0 posted 2002-01-16 06:28 PM

I wrote this poem as the verse for a Christmas card I never got around to creating, so I'm offering it as my first poem here.  Please let me know what you think.

A normal baby boy,
born on an ordinary day --
yeah, he’s Joseph’s son,
so some would say.

A teacher, a healer,
one who knows how to pray --
yeah, he’s a real mystic,
so some would say.

A heretic, a traitor,
for his crimes he must pay --
yeah, he is dangerous,
so some would say.

Crucified and buried,
in a tomb he did lay --
yeah, he’s a dead man,
so some would say.

My risen, living Savior,
my sins He took away --
my Lord and my first love,
that is what I say.

Man, mystic, criminal,
or the One you will obey --
Who is Jesus in your heart?
What do you say?

"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: not of works, lest any man should boast."
Eph. 2:8-9

[This message has been edited by SavedbyGrace (01-16-2002 06:30 PM).]

© Copyright 2002 Traci L. Bonney - All Rights Reserved
strbbux
Member Elite
since 2001-12-19
Posts 3859

1 posted 2002-01-16 07:44 PM

I say I am saved by His Grace, and this was  a nice poem. floria
Lighthousebob
Member Elite
since 2000-06-14
Posts 4725
California
2 posted 2002-01-16 07:46 PM

Saved by Grace,

Wow!  What do I say?  Just look at you with the animated butterfly and the dove next to your name ...Oh, please forgive me ... I'm just excited to see you and His Poet in here posting your poetry.  Oh yeah, the poem-the poem.  I think your poem is great.  Anyway, its too early to give you a critical analysis on your first post.  I'll give you at least two.  God bless you and again Welcome.

-Bob

SavedbyGrace
since 2002-01-16
Posts 36
MA
3 posted 2002-01-16 07:52 PM

Floria, Bob, thanks to you both for the welcome and the encouragement!  I'm delighted to have found this site.

Traci

"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: not of works, lest any man should boast."

His Poet
since 2001-12-18
Posts 750

4 posted 2002-01-17 10:44 AM

Oh my friend, you have outdone yourself. This should be submitted to a Christian greeting card company or maybe we should start our own, Traci. Absolutely beautiful!
Cheryl

Silver Streak
Member Elite
since 2002-01-02
Posts 3625
FL, USA
5 posted 2002-01-17 11:14 AM

I say welcome. To this site and the body of Christ. And I would love to receive a card with your beautiful verse!  
-Silver Streak

Sharing God's Love through perfectlovepoetry.com

Copyright: 2002 Newell Elsworth Usher

[This message has been edited by Silver Streak (01-17-2002 11:15 AM).]

SavedbyGrace
since 2002-01-16
Posts 36
MA
6 posted 2002-01-17 11:42 AM

Cheryl, Newell, thanks again.  Cheryl, maybe we should do that!  Are you still in touch with Chris Bartlett?  Maybe she could do the artwork.

Traci

sandgrain
Member Elite
since 1999-09-21
Posts 3662
Sycamore, IL, USA
7 posted 2002-01-17 10:00 PM

Don't trash your good intention of making this into a card.  It's too beautiful.  Just think, you have 11 months to get it finished and ready to send. Welcome!  I'm glad you found this sight too.  Will be looking forward to more.
  Rae

SavedbyGrace
since 2002-01-16
Posts 36
MA
8 posted 2002-01-18 09:11 AM

Thanks, Rae!  I believe I will make a card out of it -- with all the encouragement I've received here, I'd be pretty dense not to, right?

Traci

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Spiritual Journeys » What do you say?

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary