navwin » Archives » Spiritual Journeys » Gifts
Spiritual Journeys
Post A Reply Post New Topic Gifts Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Elizabeth Santos
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-11-08
Posts 9269
Pennsylvania

0 posted 2001-07-31 07:10 PM

Gifts

I’m spun in rapture, bathed in balm
Strung with stars in heaven’s calm
Wrapped in music’s lyric strain
Lapped by waves and doused by rain

Mesmerized by flowing steam
Enchanted by a lovely dream
Touched by crystal flakes of snow
Pulled by force of undertow

Lured to candle’s flickering flame
Humbled by the Savior’s name
Honored by the gift He gave
To die for us that we be saved

Still fascinated like a child
With daisy field and prairie’s wild
Enticed to taste the honey’s sweet
Entranced with sight of dancing feet

Amazed at wings of butterfly
In wonder at the blue of sky
Delighted with a flower’s grace
Endeared to little child’s face

All that’s lovely, all that’s good
I savor well the way I should
For these are gifts the heart is given
Most splendid gift, a soul forgiven

Elizabeth Santos

© Copyright 2001 Elizabeth Santos - All Rights Reserved
Joyce Johnson
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2001-03-10
Posts 9912
Washington State
1 posted 2001-07-31 08:46 PM

We are to come to him like children.  The wonder in your poem shows your childlike faith.  This is lovely.  Joyce
Trillium
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-03-09
Posts 12098
Idaho, USA
2 posted 2001-08-01 12:45 PM

Liz:  Very beautiful and He has given us so many gifts to enjoy!

Betty Lou Hebert

Marge Tindal
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-06
Posts 42384
Florida's Foreverly Shores
3 posted 2001-08-01 03:22 AM

Liz~
There is such beauty in your words ...
for there is such beauty in you~
How blessed is this write.
Thanking you more than you could know.
~*Marge*~

~*The pen of the poet never runs out of ink, as long as we breathe.*~
                                 noles1@totcon.com              

Dulcinea
since 2001-07-22
Posts 774
IN
4 posted 2001-08-01 08:33 PM

I so enjoyed the beautiful flow of this...breathtaking! I especially enjoyed the last two lines, it sums it up perfectly!

For these are gifts the heart is given
Most splendid gift, a soul forgiven

Wonderfully done!  

Elizabeth Santos
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-11-08
Posts 9269
Pennsylvania
5 posted 2001-08-01 09:16 PM

Joyce, Betty Lou, Marge, and Dulcinea
THank you all for your comments to this poem. I greatly appreciate all of your remarks,
I have often written about forgiviness, and lately have found it difficult to forgive those who have abused me. This is a hard time for me. I wish I could break away from the resentment I feel. I must some day come to forgive them
THanks for listening
Liz

Songbird
Member Elite
since 1999-12-15
Posts 2184
Missouri
6 posted 2001-08-02 08:55 AM

Wonderful poem, yes forgiveness is a gift, one that we don't deserve, but is freely given. From the human standpoint, forgiveness is sometimes very hard to do, nobody who hurts us really deserves our forgiveness but it sometime we do for ourselves. It is the letting go of the resentment that corrodes our life.  I always enjoy reading your poems they are very inspritational.
Constance
since 2001-07-28
Posts 393
Ohio
7 posted 2001-08-02 09:04 AM

this is another lovely offering Liz. It might help you to know that when I felt as you do, I asked God to forgive ME for those I might have hurt, I forgave MYSELF for the very human resentment I held in me, and then I knew that I had started on the path of peace. No matter what, hang in there! There are good people in this world.  
Elizabeth Santos
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-11-08
Posts 9269
Pennsylvania
8 posted 2001-08-02 10:30 AM

Sonbird and Constance,
You don't know how much your words have meant to me. I have always found forgiveness easy, but my husband was dishonored by his family as he was dying, and that is very difficult for me to forgive. I can't even address the issue, only in my mind and it is very hurtful. I know that what you say is true. I have probably also offended others. WE all have faults which must be forgiven. I do need spiritual help with this one.
Thank you for your comments and for responding to this poem
Liz

illusion
since 2001-06-19
Posts 296

9 posted 2001-08-03 11:06 AM

This is beautiful.   I loved the wonderment and entrancement and appreciation - gifts that help us get through the day.   And the ending holds such truth. Great poem!
Lighthousebob
Member Elite
since 2000-06-14
Posts 4725
California
10 posted 2001-08-03 12:00 PM

You have opened our eyes as well to a world of lovely and harmonic imagery with the gifts that God has so graciously provided for the open in spirit and mind.  And I do agree that there is little that compares to the knowlege that one is forgiven.  This is a wonderful gift from God as was this your spledid writing.  -Bob
VAS
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-11-16
Posts 7450
Oregon
11 posted 2001-08-03 01:12 PM

Oh, Elizabeth, this is awesome!  How do you do it so well? Impeccable rhythm/rhyme with no forced wording whatsoever.  Of course, your poem tells the answer to my question...you know the Source and you listen well to His proddings.  I must keep a copy of this, okay?

Joyce Johnson
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2001-03-10
Posts 9912
Washington State
12 posted 2001-08-06 02:08 AM

Dear Elizabeth,  I would never have guessed from reading your beautiful poems that you were harboring any resentment towards anyone.  I pray that the hurt will be taken from you nd you will be able to forgive.  God loves you.  Joyce
Elizabeth Santos
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-11-08
Posts 9269
Pennsylvania
13 posted 2001-08-06 08:10 AM

Thank you all for your kind comments on the poem and for your words on forgiveness.This is something that at times is difficult. It's good to discuss this with family once in a while.
THank you
Liz

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Spiritual Journeys » Gifts

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary