navwin » Archives » Spiritual Journeys » No Fear
Spiritual Journeys
Post A Reply Post New Topic No Fear Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Lighthousebob
Member Elite
since 2000-06-14
Posts 4725
California

0 posted 2001-06-22 11:43 AM

No Fear

No Fear posted
most everywhere you go.
On little signs,
the pride of life does show.
No Fear to wear
but just a little thong.
No Fear to sing
a crude and dirty song.
No Fear to beat
or maim a loving wife.
No Fear to kill
a loved one with a knife.
Even Christians
stress God is one of Love.
No Fear needed
to serve our God above.
They say that Fear
simply means to respect.
...and that I Fear,
man has learned to reject.

Lighthouse Bob

© Copyright 2001 Robert E. Michaud Jr. - All Rights Reserved
scout
since 2001-06-16
Posts 175
no place owns me
1 posted 2001-06-22 12:43 PM

"But I will show you whom you should fear: Fear him who, after the killing of the body, has power to throw you into hell. Yes, I tell you, fear him." Luke 12:5

I am a God fearing man, If I wasn't, I would be denying His power over me (over the universe too)

I like this poem, it reminds us we not only need to love God, we must also fear Him.

xscoutx
"Son of man with one blow I am about to take away from you the delight of your eyes. Yet do not lament or weep or shed any tears." - Ez. 24:1

Angel in Flight
since 2001-01-07
Posts 381

2 posted 2001-06-22 03:46 PM

This poem hold so much truth within it that it really hits forcefully on your heart. This was an exquisite poem that may even open the eyes of many. Into the library you shall Go. Thank you for this read.

Things will get better just be happy with what has come your way today, and keep living for what may come the next.~ By Amanda inspired by Brian

Trillium
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-03-09
Posts 12098
Idaho, USA
3 posted 2001-06-22 06:10 PM

This is so true.  There is little accountability anymore for our actions and they continue to shock and appall us. I think those people are in the minority however!  At least I hope so.

Betty Lou Hebert

Joyce Johnson
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2001-03-10
Posts 9912
Washington State
4 posted 2001-06-22 06:40 PM

I'm not sure if I have the same idea of fearing God as you have.  I obeyed my folks out of love and respect and that is how I approach my feelings for God.  Deep love and respect. I have never understood the concept of fearing God. I would think he would have us act out of love not fear.  Joyce  
Lighthousebob
Member Elite
since 2000-06-14
Posts 4725
California
5 posted 2001-06-23 03:26 PM

scout,

Right on!  I was meditating on that very scripture as I wrote this poem.

Angel-

I am thrilled that this poem made such a strong impact on your heart.

Trillium,

Yes, accountability can cure many social ills.

Joyce,

Not at liberty to debate our ideas here but, perhaps if you read my poem from a different angle, you will find that our ideas concerning fear are not that very different
at all.  (Clue:  We should be the ones posting the signs..........)

Lone Wolf
Member Ascendant
since 2000-03-16
Posts 5842
Lansing, MI USA
6 posted 2001-06-24 12:20 PM

You have said a mouthful here, my friend.  All too often children are not being taught proper respect for life, other, and especially their parents.  Great message, Bob!  

All writing comes
by the grace of God.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

VAS
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-11-16
Posts 7450
Oregon
7 posted 2001-06-24 12:25 PM

powerfully to the point, lighthousebob!
Lighthousebob
Member Elite
since 2000-06-14
Posts 4725
California
8 posted 2001-06-24 01:19 AM

Lone Wolf,

I agree, the most influential years of  education is during "the child" stage of life.  It is so important to raise a child in the way that they should go, so when they get older they will not depart from it....

VAS,

Thank you.  Though, I believe I have written very simple words to address a very complex social issue, unfortunately, experienced by many today... lack of respect.

illusion
since 2001-06-19
Posts 296

9 posted 2001-06-25 10:11 AM

You've written wise words. Respect is such a simple word, but such a powerful concept.
Lighthousebob
Member Elite
since 2000-06-14
Posts 4725
California
10 posted 2001-06-25 11:25 AM

illusion,

Thank you so much.  Yes, I believe the world is in need of revival.  A revival of respect for one another and our surroundings.

[This message has been edited by Lighthousebob (edited 06-25-2001).]

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Spiritual Journeys » No Fear

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary