navwin » Archives » Spiritual Journeys » Have you Ever
Spiritual Journeys
Post A Reply Post New Topic Have you Ever Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
jfreak
since 1999-06-17
Posts 306
Yuma, AZ, USA

0 posted 2000-06-28 03:30 AM

This is a repost from almost a year ago.  I think.  Anyway, I posted it in the open forum and I came across it again and thought you guys might like to have a looksy.  Give good critiques please.  Thanks.

J~

Have you ever walked where angels tread?
have you ever heard what an angel's said?
Have you ever seen an angel bled?
Have you ever touched an angel's head?
Have you ever seen an angel's wings?
Have you ever heard an angel sing?
Have you ever saw an angel leave?
Have you ever known an angel to disbelieve?

Have you ever seen a demon's brow?
Have you ever heard a demon scowl?
Have you ever asked a demon how?
Have you ever told a demon "NOW!!"?
Have you ever seen a demon fall?
Have you ever heard a demon call?
Have you ever seen a demon crawl?
Have you ever heard of a demon nailed to a wall?

Have you ever sat upon a fence?
Have you ever pondered recompence?
Have you ever been a misfit?
Have you ever felt like counterfeit?
Have you ever been stuck in a phone booth?
Have you ever squandered away your youth?
Have you ever felt like you would always lose?
Have you ever just looked into the eyes of truth?

© Copyright 2000 jfreak - All Rights Reserved
Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
1 posted 2000-06-28 08:43 AM

Oh in part, I hope so, yes, no, mostly yesses, some no's...I'll reply in depth later...good 'un!

Sunny

~~~Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see the shadow.
Helen Keller ~~~

When you want to be loved, look within...KRJ

Alle'cram
since 2000-02-28
Posts 1816
Texas
2 posted 2000-06-28 10:38 AM

Hi JF, Oh me oh my! Well, I've never been stuck in a phone booth!!    Never heard them demons, ohme ohmy! Thoughts to ponder here. Actually, don't know what I think about it. {smile}
WhtDove
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-07-22
Posts 9245
Illinois
3 posted 2000-06-28 11:04 AM

Good critiques eh? Not sure I can, but I did find one thing  

"Have you ever seen an angel bled?"

(bled) should be bleed. or add a that in there. Have you ever seen an angel that bled?

I truly believe I had one angel sent across my path, that I know of. Having wings? nope, to my understanding they look just like us.

Seen demons? no, have I dealt with them? I'm sure, Satan likes to wreak havoc around here once in a while.

Never stuck in phone booth   LOL

Can't say I've walked where they have. Or touched one. But we entertain them unawares right? So, I just might have.

Heard them, guess that all depends.
Lots of good questions to make you think here.
I'm glad you brought it around to share with us  

That last stanza I can answer yes to almost all of them.
Especially the last one. I had a good look into the truth. And what a difference that makes!

BSC
Member Elite
since 2000-02-04
Posts 2919
New York, USA
4 posted 2000-06-28 03:17 PM

jfreak - The angels and demons, hmmmmmm.... don't know as I've truly seen the angels, but, I know I've felt them around me.  Same for the demons, it has just taken me a little longer to figure out when they're around. As for the rest, yes to all but the phone booth...an elevator between the 9th and 10th floor, but not a phone booth...and, the eyes of truth... when I first looked into my babies eyes.... Deep thoughts in this one, I liked the way it makes one think.  Bonnie
jfreak
since 1999-06-17
Posts 306
Yuma, AZ, USA
5 posted 2000-06-30 03:35 AM

Okay you guys,

The phone booth kept coming up again and again and I take it that none of you quite got the symbolism of that.  You know how Superman had two identities and would go into the phone booth to switch?  Well that is the meaning behind the phone booth.  Being stuck in it means not being able to decide which mask you will wear that day or time.  I hope you all understand now.

Thanks for all the posts.

J~

deleeme
since 1999-10-09
Posts 1766
NEW ENGLAND, USA
6 posted 2000-06-30 09:23 PM

J,
  You ask a lot of questions for which the answers are not clear.  You are seeking to intrude upon things not clearly revealed to us.  I do believe that we are in the midst of a spiritual battle(Hebrews 1:13-14 /Ephesians 6:12)--the battleground however is our heart- the spiritual helpers or foes are unseen being eternal(2 Corinthians 4:18). We do not see- yet we need to believe-Spiritual reality is just as and even more real than physical reality.
So you pose a lot of interesting questions-but the important thing is to focus on what has been revealed by God to us(Deuteronomy
29:29)  and let God take care of the rest.
    Peace, my friend,   David

jfreak
since 1999-06-17
Posts 306
Yuma, AZ, USA
7 posted 2000-07-01 03:19 AM

David,

Hey my man, that is exactly what I am trying to state in this poem.  Too many people get focused on the "physical" or "spiritual" things or beings.  On the creation and not completely focusing on the creator.  That is what the last stanza is all about.  We shouldn't focus on angels and demons, but just look into the truth.  For Jesus exact words were, "For I am the way, the TRUTH, and the Life."  Thanks for the post man.

J~

[This message has been edited by jfreak (edited 07-01-2000).]

WhtDove
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-07-22
Posts 9245
Illinois
8 posted 2000-07-01 12:12 PM

I completely missed that symbolism. It seemed kind of out of place. But now that you explain it, it makes perfect sense. Actually that's a really good example to use    I guess now that I know, I could answer yes to that one.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Spiritual Journeys » Have you Ever

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary