navwin » Main Forums » Poetry Workshop » By the Way....
Poetry Workshop
Post A Reply Post New Topic By the Way.... Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Balladeer
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-05
Posts 25505
Ft. Lauderdale, Fl USA

0 posted 2008-05-22 11:27 AM

Registration has been lifted for beginning new topics on the Poetry Workshop forum, which mean that assignments can be posted as new threads by participants, if so desired....or they can be posted in the lesson thread as they are now most of the time, if you prefer.

It doesn't mean, however, that one can begin threads with new lessons. SUnshine pointed out once that schools have more than one teacher but classrooms don't and it would get a little crazy if multiple people began multiple lessons. If anyone has an idea for a lesson or exercise they would like to see studied, just contact me and we can make it happen.

I use the word "teacher" loosely here. There are those here that have an excellent knowledge of poetry and creativity and I regard them as contemporaries, not  students. I'm just the fellow who's in charge of keeping everyone in their seats and the spitwad throwing to a minimum and helping out beginning writers with whatever I can share.

Does that mean you can stop bringing apples to class or trying to butter me up? Absolutely NOT!

© Copyright 2008 Michael Mack - All Rights Reserved
Claira
since 2008-05-11
Posts 102
British but living in Thailand
1 posted 2008-05-22 11:54 AM

Can I send you a Durian instead?

Claire

Marilyn
Member Elite
since 1999-09-26
Posts 2621
Ontario, Canada
2 posted 2008-05-22 12:48 PM

I need something light and easy. The cob webs in my muse are thick. I did do some prose writing recently and it felt good. The imagination is a little hard to reach at the moment but I am attempting to find it again.

Marilyn

Titia Geertman
Member Ascendant
since 2001-05-07
Posts 5182
Netherlands
3 posted 2008-05-23 03:29 AM

Ok, since poor Marge is in the hospital (I really hope she will recover soon), it's no fun playing in the sandbox all by myself anyway.
And since you're the teacher, Dutch knuffels are out I guess.

Like scattered leaves...my words will flow

Balladeer
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-05
Posts 25505
Ft. Lauderdale, Fl USA
4 posted 2008-05-23 10:12 AM

Claira...in a heartbeat!

Marilyn...good to see you! Well, I'm light and I've been told I'm easy so welcome!

Titia...knuffels are ALWAYS welcome!

Marilyn
Member Elite
since 1999-09-26
Posts 2621
Ontario, Canada
5 posted 2008-05-23 10:44 AM

Mike      My deer friend. I never doubted how easy you were.....lol. I have a wish to write but the words escape me. I have been amoungst the block for much too long. Nothing is flowing but i am trying. Didsome work on a prose piece I have had sitting around forever and it felt great!

Marilyn

Alison
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2008-01-27
Posts 9318
Lumpy oatmeal makes me crazy!
6 posted 2008-05-23 11:21 AM

Hey Titia,

Careful in that sandbox - I am there too.  Marge just covered me with sand and decorated me with poetry.

Alison

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Poetry Workshop » By the Way....

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary