navwin » Main Forums » Poetry Workshop » Humpty Dumpty
Poetry Workshop
Post A Reply Post New Topic Humpty Dumpty Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Prairie Inkwells
since 2002-02-04
Posts 13
Kansas

0 posted 2004-09-13 10:40 PM

Hi folks!  This is Sunshine submitting one of Prairie Inkwells' poets' poems.  For those of you who are new to this forum, and don't know, Professor Nan gave our group permission to share our contributing poets' works as they do not have access to computers, but would most certainly like your feedback.  So, without further adieu, I present to you Max Hart's offering of:

Humpty Dumpty

Yea, I feel into human form.
Not beyond repair,
because if you compare

My innocence was youthful and a delight,
soon sundered from the experience of my plight.
The cosmic first delusion finds its best inclusion -

I AM that WATCHMAN
nominated as of old
To play the fool
Whilst on the other side
My shadow rules!

© Copyright 2004 Prairie Inkwells - All Rights Reserved
Dr.Moose1
Member Elite
since 1999-09-05
Posts 3448
Bewilderment , USA
1 posted 2004-09-18 07:01 PM

Sunshine, and Max,
I am greatly relieved to see this. I thought I'd offended everyone so much with the Spitball/ruler type thing that we'd have no class anymore. ( of course, I've never had much class anyway!) On to the poem...

What I am getting here is a highly introspective look at how one might "fit in" to their current situation/surroundings. There is good use of rhyme ( not overdone like mine ) the overall structure of the piece lends emphasis to the areas the author wanted to accentuate, and, there is enough mystery as to keep one guessing as to what the final interpretation should be. All in all, I'd say this shows some real promise, but,then again, I'm just a lunatic in moose' clothing. At any rate, I say, "Well done Max."
Doc

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Poetry Workshop » Humpty Dumpty

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary