navwin » Main Forums » Poetry Workshop » Double Trouble - Double Villanelle
Poetry Workshop
Post A Reply Post New Topic Double Trouble - Double Villanelle Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Munda
Member Elite
since 1999-10-08
Posts 3544
The Hague, The Netherlands

0 posted 2001-05-30 12:30 PM

Ok, I'm late... as usual and I cheated too! I started with a Villanelle I wrote some time ago, changed it a tiny little bit, but made it harder for poor ol' me by using the same end rhyme throughtout the poem like in the first one. Yeah, yeah... I will go to my corner now and feel very, very ashamed.
Oh... especially for Allan I wrote romantically as romantic'lly, as I wasn't sure how YOU pronounce it.

Double Trouble - Double Villanelle

Full moon, your magic light shines down on me, ~~ Your firmaments compose the poetry,
Your silver spell a cherished memory, ~~ Alike the Northern Light enchanting me,
Illuminating beams; sweet mystery. ~~ You are this poet's utmost fantasy.

You bring my spirit utter ecstasy, ~~ My Luna: temptress, waiting patiently,
Delightful light of perfect harmony, ~~ Bereaving lonely hearts of sanity,
Full moon, your magic light shines down on me. ~~ Your firmaments compose the poetry.

You calm my storms till I feel heavenly, ~~ As stars sing me a nightly symphony,
Your touch is like a lover's hand on me, ~~ Evoking images romantic'lly,

Seductive flirt with my reality, ~~ A moonlit flight throughout felicity,
You chain my heart; bequeathing liberty, ~~ Restoring hope in love and honesty,
Full moon, your magic light shines down on me. ~~ Your firmaments compose the poetry.

Alluring dreams into conspiracy, ~~ While lovers fall into your lunacy,
Of moon lit images illusory, ~~ Creating visions of false destiny,

A silver frail note flutters playfully, ~~ Alike a whisper from infinity,
Charming the stars into a melody, ~~ Enticement into sweet serenity,
Full moon, your magic light shines down on me, ~~ Your firmaments compose the poetry,

© Copyright 2001 Munda - All Rights Reserved
Allan Riverwood
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-01-04
Posts 3502
Winnipeg
1 posted 2001-05-30 01:05 PM

Ooh, this is very very good!     
A double villanelle... what a fascinating idea.  And you pulled it off very well.
You out-did the challenge, and poked my brain into trying yet another answer before the end of the month.
Oh and the meter was flawless, as far as I could see!  Wonderful work!
~Allan

Build a man a fire, and he's warm for a day.  Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.  
~Unknown

Dr.Moose1
Member Elite
since 1999-09-05
Posts 3448
Bewilderment , USA
2 posted 2001-06-01 05:11 PM

Munda ,
I tip my antlers to you , the  villanelle format is not an easy one for me , a double at this point , might well aproach inconcievable . Now I know why Nan left you in charge .
Doc

Munda
Member Elite
since 1999-10-08
Posts 3544
The Hague, The Netherlands
3 posted 2001-06-02 06:18 AM

Allan: Thank you very kindly. I must admit though I almost got trapped in my own trap, leaving my poor brain in total confusion.
Should you ever feel the urge to have your brain poked, please visit us at the 'Stute. I'm sure the Doc would be delighted to rearrange some of your grey cells. He's an expert you know.  

Doc: Didn't you know it's against all  'Stute rules to make a Lady blush? Besides, this was not Justin Conceivable, nor Justin Possible, but merely Justin Sanity and I assure you I cursed myself many times for my own challenge. Thank you for your kind words. They are highly appreciated.  

*Taking my bow - leaving the stage silently - deperately hoping June's assignment will be easier*

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Poetry Workshop » Double Trouble - Double Villanelle

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary