navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #2 » In Debt
Teen Poetry #2
Post A Reply Post New Topic In Debt Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Jeremy Halstead
since 2000-06-01
Posts 569
Morris, Ill. U.S.A

0 posted 2000-06-05 02:16 AM

The girl I wrote this for and I have been apart for about 8 months now and she lied to me an ripped me apart, but this little piece of my heart will always be in love with her and always be....

In Debt

Among my friends, I was alone--
living in solitude.
All of the liquor, down the shute-
just like my attitude.
I drank my dinner, played my songs...
there were no friends in sight.
Out of nowhere, there you were,
ready to help me fight.
That was the first of all the times
so unselfishly
that you were there ot pull me out;
you were there to save me.
With your love, I am alive.
I am in your debt.
I pray someday that I can help.
I can be your net.
As you can see, I'm not perfect,
even though I try.
I promise I'll repay until the day,
that I shall finally die.

Jeremy D. Halstead

© Copyright 2000 Jeremy D. Halstead - All Rights Reserved
Crystalina123
since 2000-01-31
Posts 228

1 posted 2000-06-05 12:19 PM

Jeremy,
I am sooo sorry that things didn't work out with your girl. I know it doesn't seem like it but things will get better. Until then yuo just have to tough it out and cry when you can't stand it anymore. I liked your poem. It expressess alot about you, it's very pretty. I know, I know guys don't like the word pretty but it's what I think! What can I say? Take care. If you ever want to talk you can  E-mail me at Crystalina123@yahoo.com

Love,
Crystal

"The worst of what people do to one another is deceive.
Because when you love someone you control their version
of reality. If you lie to them that's like making them
autistic so that what they believe is reality is in fact,
not their true situation at all."

It's not the angry words that break the heart, it's the silence.

Someone said that true love is like a ghost -- often spoke of but never seen.
I've seen both and yet in my darkest hours, tend to believe that neither exits.

angel6917
since 2000-01-14
Posts 478
WI
2 posted 2000-06-05 02:07 PM

Jeremy~
Sorry that things didn't work out with you and your woman... I know the feeling, as me and one of my old boyfriends relationship ended in the worst way I could imagine, and I had such troubles moving past what he had done to me...  If you want to talk, e-mail me sometime...  My address is angel6982_2000@yahoo.com.  I'm always here to lend an ear (or eye in this case...)
Love,
Kristi Lynn

TearsOfPearls
since 1999-09-23
Posts 322
Vereeniging, South-Africa
3 posted 2000-06-05 03:39 PM

This is an excellent poem, and if it was a painting, I would definately classify it as expressionism. When you read it, you can feel all the emotion that went into writing it.

Sorry about what happened.
Christelle

Waves...amazing hey? Wind blowing over smoothe ocean water creates shear. The longer the wind blows, and the futher the fetch, the more energy gets transferred from the wind to the water. What started off as a breeze 1 000km away, ends up as a glass-faced barrel at some far off beach.

StarPryncess17
since 2000-05-31
Posts 932
Colorado
4 posted 2000-06-05 06:36 PM

Jeremy~
Well, what can I say? another poem weel written! I totally know how you feel. My boyfriend and I have been split up for a couple of months now and we try to be friends but I guess we just don't know how. All he does is lie to me and play with my little heart. I'm sorry that you had to feel this pain also! It's horrible and I hope you're doing ok! If you ever want to talk just E-mail me @ StarPryncess17@hotmail.com
Love Always ~*~Jessica Lynn~*~ p.s my heart is with you!!!

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #2 » In Debt

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary