navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #2 » ~ Announcement ~
Teen Poetry #2
Post A Reply Post New Topic ~ Announcement ~ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley

0 posted 2000-05-25 08:29 AM

The soft sounds of summer leaves
That dance in the forest cathedral
Songs of birds never heard
Resound in the forest primeval

A place within this world untouched
Never seen by human eyes
A pristine place that hides my soul
Where Angels wings are sighs

Worldly is my everyday name
But my heart holds a passion true
Every day, every moment I live,
I live to love just you.

Hi, I didn't want to post and announcement in your forum without adding a bit of poetry to it (those Moderators would smack my hand! LOL) Anyway, I wanted to let you know that we are getting ready to resume the Mentor Program. For those of you that haven't heard about it, it's a program that allows you to choose a volunteer member to work with you one-on-one to improve your writing skills (hey! we could all use that as some point.)  Anyway, If you would like to participate, please lt me know. In about a week, I'll post an announcement in the Announcement&Links forum. You will sign up there.. and I'll also post an announcement for Mentor volunteers. The rules will be tougher because of the new COPPA law that took effect last month which limits what information can be given out about young teens on the internet. If you like, take a moment to check out the Teen/Mentor Lounge..read the rules there (they will change). And you may want to read some of the poetry/prose in another forum to get an idea which member you would choose to be your Mentor. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me or send me an ICQ message. I look forward to seeing you all participate!!! Thanks for taking the time to read this. Take care! Poet deVine (Sharon)

© Copyright 2000 Poet deVine - All Rights Reserved
Salooma
since 2000-01-28
Posts 781

1 posted 2000-05-25 04:14 PM

Thanks for the poem...it was really nice. I always enjoy your poetry...
I'm hoping to be able to participate in the Mentor program this time....should I just wait for your message next week?

Salma

Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
2 posted 2000-05-25 04:16 PM

Yes, I'll post something in here when I also do the one in Announcements... Thank you!  
Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
3 posted 2000-05-26 06:32 PM

Bump.
Matchstick McGee
since 2000-05-15
Posts 26
Austin, Texas
4 posted 2000-05-27 10:04 AM

Now school is out again, and I am free;
I now have time for doings of my own.
So I accept this offer gleefully,
Though thought of criticism makes me groan.

Reanimated by my English class,
The only pride of mine is written verse,
But no actor alive is such an ***,
That he would try to act, but not rehearse.

But I have not been here for all that long;
I recently joined up for this, and so,
While no one here I think would lead me wrong,
The one I shall select I cannot know.

So off I go to other boards peruse,
And if I find I cannot: help me choose!

I would love to have a mentor to better my writing, but I really don't know anyone. I'm a willing person though, and will cooperate with anyone willing to take me on. I hope it doesn't present a problem, I really want to participate.

-Matchstick

(p.s. - I'm not afraid of criticism, it just fit the sonnet)

LoveBug
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Elite
since 2000-01-08
Posts 4697

5 posted 2000-05-27 10:44 AM

I think it's wonderful that the mentor program is beginning again. I had the pleasure of being in the trial, and I loved everything about it. My mentor (Elizabeth Santos) has become a very close friend, and she helped my writing a lot! If you get a chance to get into the program, don't pass it up!

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." -Oscar Wilde

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #2 » ~ Announcement ~

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary