navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #2 » The war's not lost.
Teen Poetry #2
Post A Reply Post New Topic The war's not lost. Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
TearsOfPearls
since 1999-09-23
Posts 322
Vereeniging, South-Africa

0 posted 2000-05-21 09:07 AM

I am standing out here
looking inside,
not trying to hide
everything I see in there.

I have tried very hard
to understand why
these feelings woun't die
and I can't move forward.

If only I could
break free from this trance,
use my next chance
and not look back, I would.

Will I change,
will I make that move?
I've got so much to prove.
I've left behind my rage.

But I'm so tired now,
I don't want to fight,
my light has turned to night.
It's time to give in now.

I can't fight no more,
I've lost, it's true,
the battle goes to you,
but it's far from over, this war.

© Copyright 2000 TearsOfPearls - All Rights Reserved
Dina
since 2000-05-20
Posts 10

1 posted 2000-05-21 12:20 PM

I really enjoyes this poem. I really can relate to it. Keep up the good work!

TearsOfPearls
since 1999-09-23
Posts 322
2 posted 2000-05-21 02:04 PM

Thanks Dina, I appreciate your opinion  
Daysleeper
since 2000-04-23
Posts 119

3 posted 2000-05-22 07:45 PM

This is great. You can almost feel the exhaustion and frustration... but what's it about... Literally, I mean? Personally struggle? Frustration in general?

...Daysleeper...

"We prefer to do things comfortably" said the Controller.
"But I don't want comfort. I want God, I want poetry, I want real danger, I want freedom, I want goodness. I want sin."
"In fact," said Mustapha Mond, "you're claiming the right to be unhappy."
"Alright then," said the Savage defiantly, "I'm claiming the right to be unhappy." -Aldous Huxley "Brave New World"

TearsOfPearls
since 1999-09-23
Posts 322
4 posted 2000-05-23 01:22 PM

I'm usually not very good to putting what I felt while writing a poem to words, but I'm gonna try my best daysleeper...

This poem is about personal struggle and the frustrations I hide.

I have always been the lesser one, the one living on my knees. I have always believed that I should be strong for everybody else, fight for them when they can't, when they feel like giving up, give them reason to go on, help them in hard times. I have always tried to make others as happy as I can.

But now I am tired, tired of smiling when I'm feeling sad, tired of saying everything is ok when I feel like breaking down, tired of talking and no one listening, i'm just emotionally tired ingeneral.

When I said "the battle goes to you", I am admitting that the world and it's things got the best of me, that I am not as strong as I would like everyone to think and that I don't always have all the answers even though I wish I had.

In the past I always felt so incontrol, as if I could handle everything, but these last few weeks things have just been slipping through my hands, and all I can do is watch helplessly.

Some things are meant to happen, and there is nothing you can do about it, I know that, and that is why I haven't lost the war yet.

When my life is over one day, and I can look back and say that I have lived my life the best I can and to God's will, I will win the war.

I hope that answered your question Daysleeper  

ESP
Member Elite
since 2000-01-25
Posts 2556
Floating gently on a cloud....
5 posted 2000-05-23 03:22 PM

Great poem, and the reply to Daysleeper really brought it in to perspective for me...great job, I bet you will win the war with a decided victory!

Love and hugs,
Lizzie

"Poetry is the true expression of my soul, it is my ultimate means of communication. It is my rainbow of delight."

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #2 » The war's not lost.

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary