navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #2 » Let's Give a Warm Welcome....
Teen Poetry #2
Post A Reply Post New Topic Let's Give a Warm Welcome.... Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Marilyn
Member Elite
since 1999-09-26
Posts 2621
Ontario, Canada

0 posted 2000-05-10 05:35 PM

...to the newest member of the moderating teem. Welcome LovBug and I hope our teens don't give you too much of a hastle. You won't will you guys?  

© Copyright 2000 Marilyn - All Rights Reserved
Danny Holloway
Member Elite
since 2000-01-15
Posts 2034
Tulsa, OK
1 posted 2000-05-11 07:11 PM

~~bump back up~~
Welcome LoveBug, i'm not a teen, but enjoy reading some of the excellent writing in the Teen Forum.  See ya here and there!
dh

Marilyn
Member Elite
since 1999-09-26
Posts 2621
Ontario, Canada
2 posted 2000-05-11 11:24 PM

Thankyou Danny. I do have to say that I am terriblly disappointed with the fact that few of our members have welcomed LoveBug here. Erica is an outstanding poet, a friendly girl and a wonderful friend! I guess our members are not concerned about who they have moderating this forum.

Since I am ranting here....I am also disappointed in the coldness of this forum right now as well. It seems some of our teen members are leave this forum because of the lack of closness they feel here. I wonder if anyone knows why that could be happening and how we might solve that problem? Hey guys....this is our forum and you are the ones that make it run smoothly and with warmth. How can we help to create that feeling for you? Give us some ideas on how to pep this place up. It seems what we are doing is not working.

Any ideas for a mixer? A get to know me better poem or something? Come on guys!! Lets make this place ROCK!

When you are old and grey and full of sleep,
And nodding by the fire, take down this book,
And slowly read, and dream of the soft look
Your eyes had once, and of their shodows deep;

How many loved your moments of glad grace,
And loved your beauty with love false or true,
But one man loved the pilgrim soul in you,
And loved the sorrows of your changing face...

William Butler Yeats

anonymousfemale
Member Elite
since 2000-02-02
Posts 2797
Limbo
3 posted 2000-05-12 05:12 AM

I for one Marilyn care very much about who is moderating this forum. It is good to have another great addition to the moderating team. Welcome LoveBug.  

Everyone in this forum rocks...but they just have to remember that everyone here has one thing in common...Poetry. If anything it should bring us all closer together. Good on you for bringing this up Marilyn. I have bveen quite busy so I haven't been able to respond or even write any poetry but I do enjoy reading others and the positive, warm feedback that comes from it.

I second you Marilyn, in saying that this forum has gone a bit cold and I know that I am at fault here as many of us are. Lets spice it up a bit guys and create that happy atmosphere that used to be in here.

~AF~

"Poetry is the language in which man explores his own amazement."
Christopher Fry

ESP
Member Elite
since 2000-01-25
Posts 2556
Floating gently on a cloud....
4 posted 2000-05-12 08:49 AM

I wanted to get into this thread yesterday but my browser has been acting up pretty awfully!

WELCOME, ERICA/LOVEBUG!! Great to have you on the Teen Team of Moderators! I bet you'll do a great job here!

Marilyn-About the forum, you're right...I too have noticed the forum getting quite cold. I guess I am of course partly to blame...I just slowly moved out. I do reply to the poetry in here out of loyalty but I don't post in here anymore cos inspite of the fact that I did so much replying, about 2 or 3 people replied.

I think that the "getting to know you" poem is a good idea. Perhaps if someone starts it, we could all add a couple of verses in the "reply" about ourselves.

Anyway, I am rambling so I'll stop right now!

Love and hugs,
Lizzie

"Poetry is the true expression of my soul, it is my ultimate means of communication. It is my rainbow of delight."

Alwye
Member Elite
since 1999-06-16
Posts 3850
In the space between moments
5 posted 2000-05-12 10:21 PM

I too am glad you brought this up, Marilyn.  One, I welcome LoveBug to this forum once again!  It's great to have you here and you're already doing a great job! And two, I do believe the additude of the people in this forum needs some improvement.  I personally believe the "get to know you" poem is a good idea, but I also think more encouragement of each other would help greatly.  I'm sure people get discouraged when they receive only a few half-hearted replies.  Give a little more feeling into your replies and reply more and more and more and MORE!  The more we all reach out to each other to create relationships, the better we will be.  Kindness and a little extra work on our parts will certainly make others feel better and it will in turn reflect on the reactions to our own poetry.  

*steps off of her soapbox and smiles*

*Krista Knutson*

~We are only truly lost when we have lost ourselves~

LoveBug
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Elite
since 2000-01-08
Posts 4697

6 posted 2000-05-13 06:26 PM

Thanks for the welcome, everyone.  

I'm glad that Marilyn brought this up. When I first came to this forum at the beginning of the year, it was more warm and welcome than it is now. I think it's getting a little better, now that we have admitted the problem, but I think we have a long way to go. The challenges are great ideas, and I think that if everyone treated each other as they would like to be treated, the forum would be a better place. You don't like getting just one or two replies to your work, so why don't you reply? I know that doesn't apply to everyone here, but it applies to some, and some is too many. I think that we can do this, it isn't very hard. Everyone should make an effort to do what they can for the forums.

Well, there's my two cents.   <!signature-->

<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="1" color="#000080"> "We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." -Oscar Wilde</font>

[This message has been edited by LoveBug (edited 05-13-2000).]

pharon
since 1999-11-13
Posts 251
alabama
7 posted 2000-05-14 11:32 AM

hey there!! welcome lovebug    it's always great to see another moderator around here!!  i hope that everyone is nice to you.

this forum has gotten colder, i left for a couple of weeks (almost a month) and now that i have gotten back the entire attitude of our poets has changed!  i don't know what we can do except all do our part to encourage on another and lift each other up! the people in this forum should be like a close-knit family!! i regret not getting to know a lot of you, but i will work on that.  

welcome again lovebug, i am happy you are here and have enjoyed your posts in the past and can't wait to see more  

later gators

-pharon-

Vball Chickie1624
since 2000-05-14
Posts 116
New York
8 posted 2000-05-14 05:34 PM

Welcome lovebug...

- Danielle

"Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be, because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do."
- Anonymous

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #2 » Let's Give a Warm Welcome....

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary