navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #2 » revelation
Teen Poetry #2
Post A Reply Post New Topic revelation Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
NaTaLy
since 1999-08-16
Posts 43
brooklyn,ny,usa

0 posted 2000-04-12 11:05 PM

today the love of my life turned me down,
not because my beauty was dull
nor my sense of humor plain,
not because i wronged him in any way
love,i fear,i can never bring into my heart again,
such a scar will never heal,
for a long time my identity proved to be,
a sign of error,
i had cut off all that would reveal,
my shameful secret,
a tree without roots,
clinging only to my light colored eyes,
but today i found out the true meaning of hate,
the only man i ever loved,
turned me down,
not because of any imperfection but one horrible word,
one word that sets me a part,
and is branded into my soul,if i even have one anymore.
and n matter what i cannot hide,
and he proved me right,
by breaking my heart,
for that little word:
Jew.

© Copyright 2000 nataly mor - All Rights Reserved
poe_32
since 2000-04-01
Posts 179
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
1 posted 2000-04-12 11:37 PM

If a man leaves for your religion or his, it wasn't meant to be dear. I know it's difficult, but you will learn to love again. Just hold your head up high sweetie, and never give up on life. True love requires patience as I always say, but just never give up on love. I know how you feel, I once gave up on love too, but I healed my scars and I've gotten through it. Your friends will be there for you, as well as us at Passions, and thats what will get you through this. You know that if you ever need to talk I'll be there for you hun no matter what, all you have to do is e-mail me @ jess_bjarnason@hotmail.com I usually don't give it out but I know you need help so thats why I'm giving it to you. Hold your head up high and show him your better than he is because your way too good for him. smile sweety and don't frown, there will come a day when you find your true love and he will sweep you off your feet. anyways, the poem was beutiful and I could really relate to it. so smile hun!!!!!   Poe  
ESP
Member Elite
since 2000-01-25
Posts 2556
Floating gently on a cloud....
2 posted 2000-04-13 06:02 AM

Natalie, if he turned you down because you are Jewish than he just isn't worth your time. Don't be ashamed of being Jewish, it is something to be proud of. He doesn't see that so it's his loss. Of course you still have a soul...you always will. Don't let him destroy that. You are too special to be brought down by such an ignoramus.

Out there somewhere is the man of your dreams,
When the time is right he will come to you.
You'll know when your love comes along,
That certainly won't change because you are a Jew.

You are special and worthy only of a special guy,
Don't let the jerks make your eyes fill with tears.
Don't give up on love and life,
You will find true love and happiness...never fear.

Natalie, I hope you find the strength to rise above the pain the one you thought you loved is putting you through. Don't let him destroy you, you are worth too much for that. Be strong Honey. And be proud too. Never be ashamed of who you are. You are special cuz you are you. Never forget that, ok?

If you wanna talk or anything, email me at janetmp@global.bw

Keep writing and posting your poetry, it is extremely good and expressive.

Love and hugs,
Lizzie

"Poetry is the true expression of my soul, it is my ultimate means of communication. It is my rainbow of delight."

Yu Lan
since 2000-04-13
Posts 1462
New Zealand
3 posted 2000-04-13 08:23 PM

Nataly...

This poem is amazing.. it is hard to believe sometimes, that people could judge others, not by who they are, not by their 'inner them' but instead by a label.. that makes a person no different to what they were like before their 'label' was known.. it is sad.. but true.. that something like this could happen.. and I am sorry that it was you.. it is not a nice feeling...
but you will find someone, who loves you just for you, and doesn't care about details like that.. as long as you, are you... wait it out Nataly.. wait it out..

u r a talented poet..

Lynne

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #2 » revelation

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary