navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #2 » Realizationof Loneliness (I quit)
Teen Poetry #2
Post A Reply Post New Topic Realizationof Loneliness (I quit) Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
KidS128111
since 2000-03-18
Posts 13
Northern California

0 posted 2000-03-31 02:41 AM

Eversince I realized I was only a friend I tried to keep myself away from you

Seeing you throughout school with you always saying hello first and me giving you that weird little smile you think is fake,
But it is as true as my feelings for you

Knowing that you are with another guy is like a stab in my already shattered heart

Thinking about you for every waking moment and
dreaming about you for every hour I sleep

Wanting for the freedoms of being able to walk up to you and hold you and tell you how much I feel for you

Now when I think about you I realize all I’ll ever be to you is a friend

I can feel something inside me telling me to keep going and keep trying to show you how much I adore everything about you
But there’s my heart telling me that I’ve hurt enough and I should give up on you

Your so special to me and I never thought I would be able to say this
I quit

I quit, with tears in my eyes and sorrow in my face

I quit, with memories of good and memories of bad

I quit knowing that you will probably not even care and will go on with no problems

I quit, seeing you with these feelings I feel in my heart is unbearable and the only remedy for this is quitting

I quit, knowing that you never even gave me a chance and lead me onto the sadness I feel in my heart now

I quit, still wanting to love you, hold you, caress you, talk to you, make you smile, laugh, giggle, cry tears of joy, and sip coffee with you

I quit, realizing that I was never good enough for you and never will be

I care for you, that’s why I say these two words

I quit  

© Copyright 2000 DjKidspinz - All Rights Reserved
anonymousfemale
Member Elite
since 2000-02-02
Posts 2797
Limbo
1 posted 2000-03-31 04:07 AM

OK i am not the kind of person who cries easily over things I read but this has really struck a cord with me. Please don't tell me that this is the sequal to your first piece because if it is, it is very heartbreaking   I could feel every emotion here...But don't quit OK. If you love her so much, don't give up.

fantastic but very heart breaking work

~AF~

What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger

ESP
Member Elite
since 2000-01-25
Posts 2556
Floating gently on a cloud....
2 posted 2000-03-31 04:10 AM

This is a beautiful poem, very sad. I am sorry your love didn't work out for you. Maybe it just wasn't meant to be.....I hope you find that special someone who inspires your heart with love very soon. It's ok to quit on a person, but don't give up on love itself.
Keep posting!!

Attempting to trust
since 2000-03-31
Posts 7

3 posted 2000-04-01 02:51 AM

This is so sad! I am new here, but this made me cry!  
Like Esp said, if you feel you must give up on this one, please, don't give up on love itself. I've been in your situation, and it really hurt me to the point where I didn't ever wanna hear the dreaded L word again. But it gets better!
I hope it gets better soon!!!!
Wonderful work tho!
Lily

**Angel**
since 2000-03-31
Posts 162

4 posted 2000-04-01 07:32 AM

This is incredible work. I am so sorry this did not work out for you. If you know you love her, please do not give up! Keep your head up and be strong. If you need to talk, just give me a shout.

Thank you

Lindsay

LyricFetish
since 2000-01-13
Posts 528
North Carolina
5 posted 2000-04-01 02:30 PM

I can tell you mean every word of this poem, but I must disagree with your statement - I was never good enough for you and never will be. - you are obviously above and beyond any girl's dream guy, and I feel the girl you wrote this about is maybe not good enough for you, if she can't see how much you love her and how happy you could make her. Girls are wierd. I would know, I am one. So do whatever you feel is right, even if it is quitting, but I know you'll one day meet the perfect girl for you, and she'll appreciate the passion and strength of your emotions. Keep trusting love, it will guide your soul-mate to your door when the timing is right. For now, try thinking positively and wear orange boxers to school. (proven happiness technique)  

Typing this in my PJ's,
Meredith

[This message has been edited by LyricFetish (edited 04-01-2000).]

12eH7AeH6
since 2000-03-28
Posts 5

6 posted 2000-04-07 01:37 AM

Sup bro!  Great poem...its really touching and deep...But do you really feel you should quit...just do what you really feel...but give it alot of thought...if you haven't already...but whatever you do i got your back man...so keep posting...later man!
Isabelle
since 1999-08-25
Posts 176
Indiana
7 posted 2000-04-08 01:11 AM

This is really touching. And i guess i really don't have to say much of anything else because i feel there is no need of repeating what everyone already said. But i will say just don't give up on love. Things do get tough but quiting is not going to make things any better. I know saying it is better than doing it..but just try it don't quit. Life is full of challenges...just think of this as a challenge. Just keep your head up and don't give up.

Isa  

tracie66
Member Elite
since 2000-01-18
Posts 4713
Australia
8 posted 2000-04-08 10:32 AM

Hey don't ever give up, there is always hope. You are young and in time, in the future you don't know what might happen. This reminded me so much of myself, I had the same feelings for someone when I was a teen and it was like i wasn't there to this person, but when I was about 18 we met again and guess what we have now been married for nearly 12 years. So you just never know what fate has in store for you.
HUGS
Tracie~

Keep all the windows of your mind open
Anne Rooks

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #2 » Realizationof Loneliness (I quit)

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary