navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #2 » safety net
Teen Poetry #2
Post A Reply Post New Topic safety net Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
pharon
since 1999-11-13
Posts 251
alabama

0 posted 2000-03-13 10:56 PM

you make it impossible
to let go of anything
everytime i think i've
finally gotten over you,
you come back into my life
like a tornadic wind,
picking up the broken pieces
i was trying to put back together
and tossing them in every direction.
why can't we just let go?
neither one of us wants to
but we know we need to.
i don't want to let go of you
and you don't either,
but we will never grow
from where we are now.
you are too safe for me
and i don't want you to become
my security, not yet at least.
i need to find my own safety net
away from you - away from us.
as of now, you are my life,
whether you realize it or not.
and that scares me.

------
------

this is in no way a negative poem!! i am simply trying to say that no one can be good to anyone else until they have found out who they are outside of their friends and loves. am i making any sense?

© Copyright 2000 maria g robinson - All Rights Reserved
Tara
since 2000-02-21
Posts 76
Minnesota
1 posted 2000-03-13 11:27 PM

I think that it makes total sense.  That's exactly why I left my boyfriend.  I needed to find out who I was and that I could survive on my own without him or any guy in my life.  So far I'm feeling better.  It's the hardest thing in the world to leave the person you love and it hurts more than anything else you've ever felt before and it's so easy to go running back.  And I actually did run back twice, but the third time I had support and I really knew deep inside my heart that it was something I needed to do.  I hope that you are able to stay away because this poem is the truth.  Even after I left he still tried to get me back and even after a month I was still crying and depressed without him.  Sorry this is so long, I just let you hear half my life story (hehe).  And if you are ever having problems  with this you can email me or IM me.  My screen name is madonaa8.  Nice work.
pharon
since 1999-11-13
Posts 251
alabama
2 posted 2000-03-14 12:00 PM

thanx so much for responding -- i was begining to think i was just talking jiberish. i needed that encouragement -- i still don't know if i'll be able to stay apart from this person...or if i really do want to. i don't know if i need to, or if i'm just scared.  anyhoo's enough of that...talk to you later. bye

-- pharon --

dazed
since 2000-03-13
Posts 119
USA
3 posted 2000-03-14 04:17 AM

well pharon i must say "my bad about poems that dont rhyme" this one really hit home and it is really well put!!!
Dana  8o)

angel6917
since 2000-01-14
Posts 478
WI
4 posted 2000-03-14 09:44 AM

Pharon~
I know exactly where this poem is coming from.  I broke up with my ex, and part of the reason was because he was becoming my security, and I couldn't have that.  Now I'm with someone else, and I don't depend on him and I won't let him become my security, but someone I can love and be happy with...
~Kristi Lynn

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #2 » safety net

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary