navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #2 » Was It Real?
Teen Poetry #2
Post A Reply Post New Topic Was It Real? Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Tara
since 2000-02-21
Posts 76
Minnesota

0 posted 2000-03-06 12:32 PM

I feel like you don't care
About me or what we had
Even though we're not together
It makes me really sad

I had never felt
The way you made me feel
But now I cry and wonder
Whether it was even real

I feel like I don't know you
You act so different now
You seem so cold and uncaring
And I just can't see how

I didn't see it in you
If it was even there
All I saw and felt was love
A thing I tought we shared

But now I'm not so sure
And all I do is cry
I hate having to wonder
Was the whole thing one big lie?

© Copyright 2000 Tara - All Rights Reserved
Danny Holloway
Member Elite
since 2000-01-15
Posts 2034
Tulsa, OK
1 posted 2000-03-06 12:25 PM

Nice poem.  Sorry it has to be so sad.  Break ups are tough.  Hope you feel better soon, and continue writing poetry.
Oo0ostephanio0oO
since 2000-01-19
Posts 194
Massachusetts ~USA~
2 posted 2000-03-06 12:57 PM

Hon, I can totally realte to how you are feeling. I am going through the exact same thing now. Falling love took me a while, and now trying to fall out of love seems like it is taking forever. I would really appreciate it if you could read the poem I wrote. It is ver similar to yours. It's called Quagmire Friendship. I really wanted feedback on that one, and no one gave me any. It would be a big help if you were nice enough to do so when you have the time. Thank you very much!  

(:***Stephani***:)
"A true friend will always stay a friend
whether or not you feel as though the friendship or relationship is about to end."

sunshine17
since 2000-01-20
Posts 89
Bonduel, WI USA
3 posted 2000-03-06 03:51 PM

Wow!  You have written a grreat poem.  I know how you feel because I feel that same way for someone.  I thought I knew him but after we broke up it feels as if I didn't know him at all.  And how he can go on and be fine with everything is a mystery to me when I'm the one crying and dying inside.  My advice to you is to send him this poem, and even if his response isn't good at least you know that you tried and he isn't worth all the pain, confusion and everything eles anymore.
- Gina

angel6917
since 2000-01-14
Posts 478
WI
4 posted 2000-03-06 03:59 PM

You wrote a very heartfelt poem, and I can't say I know exactly how you feel, I have an idea.  Breakups are hard, I know, and I hope that you know that things always manage to look up eventually, just give it some time.  
Keep your chin up!  I'm here for ya...
~Kristi Lynn

Salooma
since 2000-01-28
Posts 781

5 posted 2000-03-06 04:38 PM

Beautiful poem Tara! It's so sad and I can definatly relate to this one....I've felt exactly like that for a long while and I personally don't know what to do about it. As for you you should definatly give it to him. I think it would make him realize what a tard he's been. Keep your head up!  

Salma

"Not all the answers lie within your realm or mine, they lie within the borders."

Tara
since 2000-02-21
Posts 76
Minnesota
6 posted 2000-03-06 07:28 PM

Thanx everybody for the comments.  i have showed it to him and he just doesn't care so for some reason that helps me to not care.  i realize that he's a jerk.  and stephani i'll be sure to read your poem and comment on it.  Tara

hailfellow
since 2000-02-28
Posts 28

7 posted 2000-03-06 09:51 PM

Wow.  That about sums it up for me, too.  A very impressive poem, and since I can relate to it, it means all the more to me.  Excellent job.

hailfellow
"If life had no sense and I had to choose nonsense, then I too should consider this the most sensible nonsense."
~Nietzsche

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #2 » Was It Real?

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary