navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #2 » The Heartache I feel
Teen Poetry #2
Post A Reply Post New Topic The Heartache I feel Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
angel6917
since 2000-01-14
Posts 478
WI

0 posted 2000-02-29 11:18 AM

The only thing I sense-
the hurt you've caused me,
the heartache I feel.

I walk in a daze,
not caring what I do,
just trying to ignore the pain.

I let my mind wander,
but it keeps returning to you,
and I keep reliving what I want to forget.

I try not to listen,
but I hear a song,
and I think of you again.

The heartache I feel,
the pain you've caused,
I wish I could ignore.

~Kristi Lynn

"Why does no one sees how hard I cry?" -Me

© Copyright 2000 Kristi Stanczak - All Rights Reserved
Danny Holloway
Member Elite
since 2000-01-15
Posts 2034
Tulsa, OK
1 posted 2000-02-29 12:09 PM

For some things there is only one cure....
Time.
Take care and weather this, for the sun will shine again and the past will be only a blur.

angel6917
since 2000-01-14
Posts 478
WI
2 posted 2000-02-29 03:58 PM

Thanks again, Danny.  You know, even though I didn't jump totally into this relationship, it hurt more coming to an end than the last one I had for nearly 2 years.  There is/was actually something special between us, but I don't know why it ended so soon...  
~Kristi Lynn

Tara
since 2000-02-21
Posts 76
Minnesota
3 posted 2000-02-29 09:59 PM

When I read all these poems about how someone caused such heartache to someone else it makes me so sad because I have to live with the feeling, everyday that I did that to someone else.  And even though i am so incredibly sorry it doesn't matter because that person doesn't understand.  this poem was really good and I guess I actually enjoy reading stuff like this because somehow I think it'll make me feel better.  I'm sorry that your relationship ended and i know it hurts but i hope the pain will go away soon.  I really enjoy your poetry.

angel6917
since 2000-01-14
Posts 478
WI
4 posted 2000-03-01 09:41 AM

Tara~
Thanks for your reply.  You know, I've hurt people, too, especially one of my ex-boyfriends, who I was with for nearly 2 years.  I think that it's actually harder to deal with knowing that you hurt someone rather than actually being hurt.  But that's just my personal opinion...
~Kristi Lynn

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #2 » The Heartache I feel

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary