navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #2 » Memories Robed in Roses [my not-so-triumphant return to passions]
Teen Poetry #2
Post A Reply Post New Topic Memories Robed in Roses [my not-so-triumphant return to passions] Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
poetry_kills
since 1999-12-04
Posts 549
new orleans

0 posted 2000-02-29 12:47 PM

****well, it seems no one noticed, but i disappeared for just under two weeks due to a number of tests and a bout with depression that i seem to have overcome... anyway, i responded to an entire page worth of poems (though i read through about 5 pages) and i figured you all could be made to suffer through another of mine for all the effort i put in *heh*... so here it is... the valentine's day poem i wrote for my girlfriend (i know, it's not valentine's day, but she would have read it if i posted it for comments before that day)... so let me know what you think... any and all criticisms are appreciated and encouraged...

Memories Robed in Roses

Silent footsteps tread on freshly fallen leaves
Pitter-patter down dusty paths of happy memories
Not a word is spoken, nor e'en a sound is made
As footsteps fall along the paths that soon begin to fade

These gentle footfalls soon wear a winding path
Among the ancient memories of a near-forgotten past
In passing I will re-live every gruesome day
As all the secrets not yet uncovered gently fade away

There at the end of that melancholy trail
Upon which many tears are shed and many virtues fail
There where the road ends my lover waits for me
There, robed in dew and roses, dwells my lover's memory

In the sweet imagined realm of lover's dream
There beneath the sycamore and shadowed by cherry tree
She with dappled skin from broken moonlight lay
Draped in angelic beauty 'mongst fragrant floral array

sincerely,
jerome the mysterious priest

Disarm you with a smile
And leave you like they left me here
To wither in denial
The bitterness of one who's left alone
--[billy corgan]--

© Copyright 2000 Jerome Solomon - All Rights Reserved
Astraea
since 1999-11-09
Posts 378
California! Yeah! Okay, I'm done now
1 posted 2000-02-29 12:54 PM

Hey!  I noticed!  I just haven't been feeling all on the up-and-up myself, but I did notice that our mysterious priest had gone missing.  Glad to see you posting again.

I love the poem.  Forest imagery, I love it.  I'm sure that not all memories are laced with roses and all things sweet and lovely, but that makes us cherish those memories all the more.  Very nice.  Much enjoyed.

~Astraea

"Sometimes stars can only be seen in darkness."

"Sorrow's crown of sorrow is remembering happier things."

anonymousfemale
Member Elite
since 2000-02-02
Posts 2797
Limbo
2 posted 2000-02-29 02:10 AM

Hey. Good to see that you are back. I had noticed that you had been missing from the wonderful land of poetry. Good to see back though.

I love this poem. It is so deep and beautiful. This is the kind if poetry that I could read over and over again. I haven't read much of your work though...I would love to read some more.  
Great work

~AF~

poetry_kills
since 1999-12-04
Posts 549
new orleans
3 posted 2000-02-29 02:56 AM

anonymous: well, i'm glad someone noticed i was missing... i should be back to stay though   and thank you for your kind comments on my poem... i just hope Leah liked it as much as you do ^_^*

astraea: again, i'm glad someone noticed my absence... i wondered if it would be noted... well, this poem wasn't meant to convey only the happy... the journey taken through his memories is one of both happy, peaceful times and of sorrowful, painful times (see lines 7-10)... the resolution of the poem, however, is when he comes to the end of his journey and discovers (recovers?) the one memory that make all the others (good and bad) pale in comparison...

sincerely,

And their bleating was like a wet salmon
slapped upon the land---slap! slap! slap!

faith
since 2000-01-31
Posts 89

4 posted 2000-02-29 08:44 AM

Firstly PK i did notice!!....That was the first Q i had planned to ask ..so i m askin.....WHERE THE HELL WAS MY ONLY READER???LOL.....naa seriously while u were out i also checked  yer website..liked it! Now the poem ..it is really good ..u r sooo much better then i m I love yer style keepp it up and thanx for readin mine too! faith
sweetcollege_girl
since 1999-12-03
Posts 872
just about where I want to be
5 posted 2000-02-29 09:21 AM

HEEEEE'S BBBAAAACCCCCKKKK!  

Welcome back Jerome! I missed you here! Haven't posted much, but I missed your poetry

stay cool

~~Lavada~~

"For every beauty, there is an eye somewhere to see it.
For every truth, there is an ear somewhere to hear it
For every love, there is a heart somewhere to receive it".--Ivan Panin

angel6917
since 2000-01-14
Posts 478
WI
6 posted 2000-02-29 09:29 AM

Yes, I noticed you missing, too.  Hope you're doing better now. You and Jer are the 2 who almost always respond to my poetry, so of course I noticed.  

Your poem was wonderful.  Something meaningful.  Hope Leah liked it...

~Kristi Lynn  

rich-pa
since 2000-02-07
Posts 317
New Orleans, Louisiana
7 posted 2000-02-29 07:34 PM

jerome! i noticed you were gone!  i missed you yo!  oh, and as usual you have blown me away with your poem!  did i ever tell you that i really love your poetry?

rich-pa

potrygirl
since 2000-02-16
Posts 23
Peoria, Arizona, United States
8 posted 2000-02-29 10:14 PM

I love it and I myself have been gone preparing for my midterms so I can't say I noticed but I sure am glad your back!!  Well I love this poem can't wait to read more!!

Stacye

Alwye
Member Elite
since 1999-06-16
Posts 3850
In the space between moments
9 posted 2000-02-29 10:37 PM

Stunning and beautful, Jerome!  Glad to have ya back!  I too noticed you were missing...I do lurk around here a lot more than people may think.  I understand why you left for a bit though...I've had the same problems myself. Hopefully you're here to stay now!  

*Krista Knutson*

"Every moment marked with apparitions of your soul...." ~*Sarah McLachlan- Do What You Have To Do*~

Marilyn
Member Elite
since 1999-09-26
Posts 2621
Ontario, Canada
10 posted 2000-03-01 04:24 PM

I too noticed you were gone...even though I have been absent much myself. I continue to lurk in here from time to time. It is good to have you back Jerome and I hope all is better with you.  

Lovely poem by the way. Your talent continues to amaze me.

poetry_kills
since 1999-12-04
Posts 549
new orleans
11 posted 2000-03-01 09:57 PM

thank you everyone    i'm actually touched that you all noticed my absence... and even more touched that you (claim?) to like my poem... i just hope my girlfriend liked it half as much... i tried hard to do my best work for her... but i was still a bit disappointed in it...

sincerely,

And their bleating was like a wet salmon
slapped upon the land---slap! slap! slap!

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #2 » Memories Robed in Roses [my not-so-triumphant return to passions]

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary