navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #2 » Let's Talk About Sex
Teen Poetry #2
Post A Reply Post New Topic Let's Talk About Sex Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
shock gospel
since 2000-02-02
Posts 33

0 posted 2000-02-02 02:07 PM

"Let's Talk About Sex"
Let's talk about sex and it's proper order, when do you cross that border, you know line, that God clearly has defined.
Let's talk about sex, what's it done for you, when misuse turns to abuse and the one you gave yourself to, just told you, your through.
Let's talk about sex, you know what it's for,but will you wait for God to open that door, or be a whore and just do things your way.
Filling your soul with pain, while hell celebrates it's gain, now don't that seem insane.
Sex here, sex there, sex everywhere, climatic shampoo made just for your hair.
It's a sad comentary on society, but when the blind lead the blind, they can't see the disease.
Let's talk about sex, what's that you say, there's something in your flesh that won't go away.. you need to check yourself, before you kneel to pray..
Check your attitude with Gods on his intention for the womb, 'cause if it's different than his.. then your sex will be your doom!    

© Copyright 2000 shock gospel - All Rights Reserved
hoppy
since 2000-01-27
Posts 271

1 posted 2000-02-02 02:50 PM

what to say about that?  that was great!  couldn't have put it better myself!  Sad what sex has become to everyone, just another toy to kill with.  I admire your stand and thrust into a touchy subject.  Bravo man, bravo!! *stands applauding*

"If there is anything the nonconformist hates worse than a conformist it's another nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standards of nonconformity."

SUBMIT YOUR POETRY HERE, AWSOME PAGE.
http://members.xoom.com/weeklyhoppy

Don't look... you might see.
Don't listen... you might hear.
Don't think... you might learn.
Don't walk... you might stumble.
Don't run... you might fall.
Don't make a decision... you might be wrong.
Don't live...you might die.

THE PAGE OF PURE POETIC EXPRESSION!!

poetry_kills
since 1999-12-04
Posts 549
new orleans
2 posted 2000-02-02 06:02 PM

shock gospel: first off, i really like the name    secondly, i agree with the sentiment in the poem and i'd have to say that the last line is my favorite... finally, there are a few lines in this poem that just dont make sense to me... two in particular stick out: "shampoo made just for your hair"... i think that's a given... you might want reconsider that line... also "but when the blind lead the blind, they can't see the disease"... you're mixing metaphors here and i dont think it works in this case... you might reconsider that one also... despite these few small problems this is a very good poem and i hope to read more of your work on the forum soon...

sincerely,
jerome the boy with no brain

A savage place! as holy and enchanted
As e'er beneath a waning moon was haunted
By woman wailing for her demon-lover!
~Coleridge

Salooma
since 2000-01-28
Posts 781

3 posted 2000-02-02 09:05 PM

Great poem! It really defines what sex has become nowadays and it's certainly something to think about! Well written I might add.

Saloooma

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #2 » Let's Talk About Sex

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary