navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #2 » Title (this one is actually sort of sweet, so I hear)
Teen Poetry #2
Post A Reply Post New Topic Title (this one is actually sort of sweet, so I hear) Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Tamma
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2000-01-17
Posts 794
In His Arms, Harpers Ferry, WV

0 posted 2000-01-31 11:28 AM

Your kisses on my skin,
Keeps me from remembering when.

He stole my heart and tore it in two,
You were always there when I needed you.

I look down at my hand and see the ring,
And I can't help but sing.

I’d like to be in your arms,
Where I can resist all harms.

I love you more everyday,
Even now it’s hard to say.

The ring that told everyone,
I was loved by someone.

You gently touch my face,
All alone we are in this space.

No longer am I in a shell,
You took me out of that hell.

You’ve helped me far more than anyone knows,
My true friends say it actually shows.

*how was i to kno that today id meet someone like you? how was i to see the light with him in my path and you too far to touch?*

© Copyright 2000 Tamma M. Wilson - All Rights Reserved
Mistikman
since 2000-01-10
Posts 682
San Jose, CA, USA
1 posted 2000-01-31 06:39 PM

Yes it is very sweet   Bravo, on an excellent poem. Having someone to catch you when you fall is a wonderful thing indeed.

I am not a poet, I am merely one who speaks in emotion

Penelope
since 2000-01-26
Posts 31

2 posted 2000-01-31 08:33 PM

Beautiful poem, and a beautiful love.    It's wonderful to have someone like that in your life.

-Penny

My advice in life is; talk to yourself, you never know what you'll learn.

poetry_kills
since 1999-12-04
Posts 549
new orleans
3 posted 2000-02-01 12:22 PM

tamma: this is a very sweet poem and very well-written also... might i suggest, however, that you change "All alone we are in this space." to "all alone here in this space"... i think it flows better grammatically that way... just a slight suggestion to a wonderful poem...

sincerely,
jerome the boy with no brain

A savage place! as holy and enchanted
As e'er beneath a waning moon was haunted
By woman wailing for her demon-lover!
~Coleridge

Angel
since 1999-07-02
Posts 551
Pennsylvania
4 posted 2000-02-01 12:41 PM

Oh my, I can relate to this one very much. You have me in tears, but tears of joy of course. I think you did a great job portraying your feelings. I do agree with jerome the boy with no brain though, that one line would sound better like that. Just my opinion. Great Poem, Keep it up  .

~Susie~

chic
since 2000-01-26
Posts 245
yellville, Ar, U.S.
5 posted 2000-02-01 09:59 AM

wow BRAVO!!!!  this is a great poem and it is very sweet as u were told correctly and i agree with Jerome and Angel that sentence flows better with the poem, but then again it's ur poem and u can do with it as u see fit Pat urself on the back tamma it's great
sweetcollege_girl
since 1999-12-03
Posts 872
just about where I want to be
6 posted 2000-02-01 11:50 AM

As does angel, jerome, and my sister say. a very sweet poem. I sound like a rerun saying this too, but that one line would sound better if you changed it..but as my sis said, it is your poem, and you deserve a pat on the back... *PAT* *PAT*  
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Teen Poetry #2 » Title (this one is actually sort of sweet, so I hear)

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary