navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #3 » My fault
Open Poetry #3
Post A Reply Post New Topic My fault Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
miriam
since 1999-08-26
Posts 323
glendale,ca.

0 posted 1999-10-03 07:46 PM

It's been a while since i saw your eyes,
Brown, with a deep stare.
My memory of you never dies,
Wherever I am I imagine you there.

You always did something to make me smile,
I loved your funny little ways.
I haven't felt that way in a while,
This is the price love makes me pay.

The things I'd do to have you near,
Don't think you care to know.
Life without you isn't clear,
I wish my feelings I could show.

I'd cross mountains to get to you,
But that would make things worse.
I need you to want me too.
God why such a bad curse?

My love for you will never die,
I wish you felt the same.
Tonight I do nothing but cry,
I'm the only one to blame.

------------------
miriam coronado

© Copyright 1999 miriam coronado - All Rights Reserved
RainbowGirl
Member Elite
since 1999-07-31
Posts 3023
United Kingdom
1 posted 1999-10-03 08:09 PM

Miriam: You can't blame yourself for someone not caring enough although I know it's something *we* all do..I've done it myself and still do it, but somehow it's easier to give advice that to take your own..

Heartache has to be the worst of all pains we can ever go through, it seems like minutes are days and days like months, but somehow we all end up better people for having lost soemthing so ifinitely precious to us, just wish we didn't have to...it's so much easier to love and share and keep on giving..

HUGS sweetheart

------------------
You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give.

hoot_owl_rn
Member Patricius
since 1999-07-05
Posts 10750
Glen Hope, PA USA
2 posted 1999-10-03 08:49 PM

mariam...how can you be to blame for loving someone like this? Love is a two way street, seems he only thought it was one way

------------------
Man can not discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.

Dark Angel
Member Patricius
since 1999-08-04
Posts 10095

3 posted 1999-10-04 02:19 AM

Miriam, it is sad to see you blame yourself, Please don't, I agree with both RainbowGirl and Hoot-owl. *hugs*

------------------
What comes from the heart goes to the heart.
Samuel Coleridge

miriam
since 1999-08-26
Posts 323
glendale,ca.
4 posted 1999-10-04 02:01 PM

Rainbowgirl...it's funny how heartache is the worst pain we go through but yet we fall for it again. If you touch a hot iron and burn yourself you know not to do it again....but why do we go looking for someone to love knowing the big risk we take. My friend has always told me that he doesn't consider love an emotion...i think it's the biggest one we have.

hoot-owl and dark angel..your words are great comfort for me. I know that it's not my fault but still i find myself going through the old letters, songs, photographs looking for an answer like if I have to. I guess in a way i do to clear my head. I know this will all some day go away, but for now your sweet words are keeping me comfort.

thank you.

Marilyn
Member Elite
since 1999-09-26
Posts 2621
Ontario, Canada
5 posted 1999-10-04 02:20 PM

Ohh this is so familiar to me. I have delt with it myself and still am to a point. The conclusion I have come to is this. I will always love the people who want to know me and see me for who I am. My love is unconditional to those who want to feel it. I have been left behind not only by my love but also by friends in my life. They left when I was the one in need of them instead of the other way around. Precious are the true friends that you meet. Love from your soul and you will someday find one willing( and I do mean WILLING) to love you the same way. This is my hope and I believe in it strongly. I refuse to change the way I love because that means he wins. I have the power not he.

Sorry if I ranted on to long. My thoughts just carried me away.

RobertB
since 1999-09-26
Posts 1104
Champaign, IL
6 posted 1999-10-04 07:48 PM

I wonder if love is the ONLY emotion we have and all other emotions are just different shades of love.

Good poem...I know heartache and vowed to let it make me stronger.

RB

------------------
if you can dream; you can fly...if you are flying; you are dreaming.

miriam
since 1999-08-26
Posts 323
glendale,ca.
7 posted 1999-10-05 12:20 PM

Marilyn...I was enjoying your "ranting". It's seem like you and I are wearing the same shoes here dear. The only difference is that I truly believe that I already found the one who wants and is willing to love me. I was just dumb and let him go.

Robert...love is the strongest emotion. and when it's not around you feel empty but can in some weird way control the rest of your emotions. when it comes it takes control of everything. All we can do is enjoy the ride.

Isis
Member Ascendant
since 1999-09-06
Posts 6296
Sunny Queensland
8 posted 1999-10-05 03:28 AM

Don't blame yourself, it IS a two way street as said above. He wasn't looking or open or whatever. But that doesn't change the hurt. I know too....

------------------
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny, compared to what lies within us.
~Isis~
(Daughter of Mystery)

poetFemmeFatale
Member Elite
since 1999-07-25
Posts 2646
Arkansas
9 posted 1999-10-05 11:12 AM

Here is my 2 cents dear - (from Miss Love-Struck herself).....Life is a "school" we must all attend. We learn from every move we make, right or wrong. I have had a few good men in my past - those that you kick yourself later for breaking their hearts instead of marrying them...? Well, now that I can identify with how it feels to lose a rare "diamond"....for they are few, I am wise to see a beautiful gem when it's in my hand....and I hold it close as if it's the last star in the sky...
I guess what I'm trying to say, is that losing something precious helps you see more clearly the next time you hold it in your hand, you're not so careless, and you learn appreciation of the things you once took for granted...like true love. Like something as simple as having them in your life. I think this happens alot when we lose a loved one or a friend to death. So often we take for granted that they are in our lives.....we should tell them before they're gone, and not wait to see their value until after it's too late. I don't know your situation dear, I'm just sharing what I have learned through that awful thing we call experience. We do learn as we grow each day, and it doesn't matter how old we are....We are all still students in life. I'll be e-mailing you soon so we can talk. All my love, Gennifer.

------------------
I beckon you to come...I lure you with my tongue... - poet FemmeFatale

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #3 » My fault

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary