navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #1 » Dawn of Destruction
Open Poetry #1
Post A Reply Post New Topic Dawn of Destruction Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
DreamEvil
Member Elite
since 1999-06-22
Posts 2396

0 posted 1999-07-03 03:22 AM

Shadows of night still creeping, all is silence broken only by weeping.

It is the time we revere for it hides and blinds us as though nothing was wrong. Our time has come, it is darkest before the dawn.

Hellspawn from their nests come crawling. Proud of their work for all across the land, carnage and death lay sprawling.

Smoke pouring from rubble, stench of dying, all the world dies and Death walks laughing.

Sorry souls wandering, seeking protection, finding none for this is the beginning of the end, the Dawn of Destruction.

©1990 DreamEvil
------------------
Patience is a virtue, but virtue has never been one of my redeeming qualities.

[This message has been edited by DreamEvil (edited 07-09-99).]

© Copyright 1999 DreamEvil - All Rights Reserved
Emmy
since 1999-06-29
Posts 194
KY
1 posted 1999-07-03 12:57 PM

A tale of bitter destruction wonderfully told... It painted a disturbing picture in my mind though that I felt the need to erase, but if one must face this concept then you have shown me the best way. A job well done.
thursdayschild
since 1999-07-01
Posts 169
Houston, Tx.
2 posted 1999-12-15 12:05 PM

Dark...scary!
And appropriate, as the new chiliad approaches...many believe it is the "beginning of the end"....    

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #1 » Dawn of Destruction

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary