navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #1 » A Past That Haunts a Future..............
Open Poetry #1
Post A Reply Post New Topic A Past That Haunts a Future.............. Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
amber
since 1999-06-15
Posts 240
los banos, ca,

0 posted 1999-08-31 02:34 AM

the past interferes far more with the future,
than the present ever will,
because i know so much lies there,
yet you choose to love me still.

weve apologized for everything,
and tried to let it all go,
but it still haunts us both,
more than we seem to know.

all the old love letters,
still in that box,
all the memories that linger,
when the walls seem to talk.

all the goodbyes,
that we wonder if there final,
burning bridges now,
may bring pain tomorrow.

the past is like a shadow,
sinking in your head,
during your darkest hours,
reminding you of what was sayed.

of all the old i love yous,
still inside our hearts,
of all the ignorant mistakes,
that tore our souls apart.

everything that were affriad to say,
is lost in the past,
but will be found someday,
if this love is ment to last.

© Copyright 1999 amber jean white - All Rights Reserved
INclan
since 1999-07-20
Posts 1024
Indiana, USA
1 posted 1999-08-31 04:31 AM

Isn't that the truth...how our past haunts us. It doesn't even have to be our past that troubles us. Yes, you struck a cord with this one. I am glad you wrote it becasue I would not have.

INclan

caroline
since 1999-08-16
Posts 1218
http://members.xoom.com/belladona123/index.htm
2 posted 1999-08-31 06:09 AM

Another good insightful poem Amber! Yes...the past can haunt one. It got so bad for me that it interfered with my future. I found myself sinking at a time in my life when I should be going forward, all because of a past I couldn't forget. So I burned love letters, bridges, and lots of midnight oil. I walked away, won't look back, and nothing rules me but me. Damn the torpedos, full speed ahead!

------------------
The only man worth your tears will never make you cry...

amber
since 1999-06-15
Posts 240
los banos, ca,
3 posted 1999-08-31 04:21 PM

thank you very much for your interest in my poetry. yes it is very true that our past huant us. it often wont let me look pas tthe mistakes and focus on the future my heart is longing for. thankx caroline, youve become somewhat of a friend. and thanks to you INclan your very welcome for the poem. im happy that someone can feel somehting from my poetry besides me.
RainbowGirl
Member Elite
since 1999-07-31
Posts 3023
United Kingdom
4 posted 1999-08-31 04:36 PM

Amber: Believe me, your words are making sense to me...but you know in a funny way, you have to have your eyes open to be able to see what's actually written...oops..woonder if you know what I mean, think you might though..:-))

Big HUGS

------------------
You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give.

amber
since 1999-06-15
Posts 240
los banos, ca,
5 posted 1999-08-31 04:54 PM

dont worry rainbow girl, im pretty sure that i know what you mean. you know what the sad thing is though, somwtimes i find myself closing my eyes on purpose, because im affriad of what i will see! so sad but true, hugs to you to!
RainbowGirl
Member Elite
since 1999-07-31
Posts 3023
United Kingdom
6 posted 1999-08-31 05:12 PM

Yep, know exactly what you mean...lol, wish I didn't..:-))

HUGS

------------------
You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give.

Andrew Scott
Member Elite
since 1999-06-24
Posts 2558
Redlands,CA,USA
7 posted 1999-08-31 05:40 PM

I too have had to fight the ghosts of the past, and in most cases it's not even my own past that I must overcome. I like the feeling behind this work. Very insightful! However, one small note (as if I were one to talk), you might wish to check the spelling. Thanks for sharing!
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #1 » A Past That Haunts a Future..............

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary