navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #1 » a perceptive view
Open Poetry #1
Post A Reply Post New Topic a perceptive view Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
darkhalo
since 1999-08-28
Posts 2
Milan, IL, USA

0 posted 1999-08-28 06:32 AM

people say ignorance breeds intolerance
in a casual manner, you speak with hatred
tongue afire with outspoken words of sardonic wisdom
perhaps if you took the time to care
and looked beyond the physical realm with your icy glare
maybe someone could return home
without musing about inferiority
without the belief that she is hated
and unwanted
cast off your apathy, release imperceptibility
cynical my thoughts may seem
but in actuallity i feel a burning misanthropy deep in my soul
'judge not, lest ye be judged'
for life is like an empty husk of shallow pleasures if all you care about is yourself

------------------
darkhalo..
"I am the lie that you believe.."

© Copyright 1999 darkhalo - All Rights Reserved
DreamEvil
Member Elite
since 1999-06-22
Posts 2396

1 posted 1999-08-28 06:38 AM

Truly well said. This is perhaps one of the more erudite responses to this subject that I have seen.

------------------
Shall I indulge in flights of fancy hampered by clipped wings?
DreamEvil©

darkhalo
since 1999-08-28
Posts 2
Milan, IL, USA
2 posted 1999-08-28 06:46 AM

Just as a follow-up responce, I wrote this about a year and a half ago. The only reason why I bothered posting it is because I had received 3rd place in a writing contest held at the high school I attended as a junior. My creative writing teacher thought I had promise, and this was the first poem that I wrote that she thought was 'above' any other student she had in her years of teaching, particularly because of the vocabulary usage and maturity of the subject matter.

As for the history of the poem, I was sitting in class thinking of a special someone whom I cared for dearly at the time (I still do, but our relationship has since changed). I was remembering how she had said people treated her as she was growing up because of her physical disability, Oculoauriculovertebral Dysplasia, or Goldenhar Syndrome for short. I became angered and upset, and in the course of 15-20 minutes I had written a rough draft. After a little more refining, I turned it in to my teacher. It was a perfect score.

------------------
darkhalo..
"I am the lie that you believe.."

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #1 » a perceptive view

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary