navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #1 » Still A "New Member"
Open Poetry #1
Post A Reply Post New Topic Still A "New Member" Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Lorelei54
since 1999-07-27
Posts 458

0 posted 1999-08-14 02:39 PM

I'm still a new member
No matter how much I do post
I post and post and post
But, all I get in reply
Is
New Member.."hi"

I'm sure I've posted 25 times
Read and replied
But to no advail my name still reads
New Member.."hi"

It's all LngJns fault
I ever got hooked
Every time he comes home
Shouting " Look, Look"
A new poetry site I did find.

And so today I'm gonna post
Over and over
Until our host
Sees fit to change my little line
From New Member to Member
And then I'll feel just fine.

So excuse my writing dear ones
A poet I do not profess to be
But I want to be a part
And deep in my heart
New Member just isn't me!

I'm on a mission just to clear that word! bear with me, then I'll go back to reading and replying.

© Copyright 1999 Lorelei54 - All Rights Reserved
Ron
Administrator
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-05-19
Posts 8669
Michigan, US
1 posted 1999-08-14 02:56 PM

Twenty-five? Who said the magic number was twenty-five?

Oh, I did? In another post from long ago, uh? Ah, but there is very little about Passions that is static and staid... The number today is the big five-oh (you have just four more to go).

And tomorrow? Well, like I said, few things around here remain the same...

poetFemmeFatale
Member Elite
since 1999-07-25
Posts 2646
Arkansas
2 posted 1999-08-14 03:06 PM

My dear ! First of all, I love your name because we are synonyms in the Thesaurus! Next, you're almost there as Ron stated...if ever curious, click on the little symbol that shows your profile....it will tell you just how much you run your mouth! LOL So are you really German, and do you really sing? How'd you get your name?? And do you really lure men to destruction? I'm guilty, so it's OK.....

------------------
- poet FemmeFatale

"The strongest man in the world is he who stands most alone..." Henrik Ibsen (1826-1906) Norwegian dramatist lyric poet

Artur Hawkwing
since 1999-06-30
Posts 444
USA
3 posted 1999-08-14 04:16 PM

Lorelei, as much as I have to say, you are already a member among us. Even if it still says "New Member" under your name. This is ever-changing, non-static.

[This message has been edited by Artur Hawkwing (edited 08-14-99).]

Lorelei54
since 1999-07-27
Posts 458

4 posted 1999-08-14 04:45 PM

Thanks for your comments and assurance that I will ever get rid of the "new" and for putting up with me!

PoetFF..I am not German (well maybe a little) but, I did live in Germany for 4 years and toured the Rhine River where the story originates, I love mermaids and the story, and I did manage to lure one man in particular..he is now my husband of 6 months...we will see about the destruction part in a few years, we are still having too much fun to tell.
Thanks for comments too!

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #1 » Still A "New Member"

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary