navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #1 » Release
Open Poetry #1
Post A Reply Post New Topic Release Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Christina Myers
since 1999-06-21
Posts 159

0 posted 1999-07-18 12:32 PM

I have these words inside. Meager and plain but they are my own. They come from inside me somewhere- longing to be let out. But I fear the reproach...the weary blanket of stares your eyes will throw at me. Until
finally my words become softer and non
important. A trailing conversation to be forgotten.....
I practice in my head...the words I want to say to you. And they never
sound right when my voice is saying them. They never make sense to my
heart-so I wonder how I expect you to know what they mean. I feel torn and
inbetween two places.
Stuck at a crossroads that was created at my own hands...because I never listen to reason never listen to fact until it is too late
until the emotion has run its course and had its way with me- leaving me confused and empty except for the words I never say.
Will never say.

My heart hangs heavy.
Maybe this is the only feeling I've ever known- ever trusted as right and
maybe I do the things I do because I don't know any better or maybe I do know
better but do them anyway- the fool finally, at last....selling words for
inspiration...heartaches for words
that mean something to someone
somewhere else.

Alone with only my words- I cry. And the teardrops are my own, meager and plain.

And the words are no longer inside me.

------------------
And I thought: this is how poetry is born. It comes from invisible heights, it is secret and dark in its origins, solitary and fragrant, and like the river it will assimilate whatever falls in its current; it will seek a route between the mountains, and its crystalline song will ripple through the meadows."- Pablo Neruda

© Copyright 1999 Christina Myers - All Rights Reserved
Ohme
since 1999-07-17
Posts 816
Texas
1 posted 1999-07-18 12:41 PM

I like the way you put it all together at the end. The conclusion is touching.

[This message has been edited by Ohme (edited 07-18-99).]

Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
2 posted 1999-08-13 03:22 AM

I think this would be easier to read if it was formatted differently...but I like what you say....

poetFemmeFatale
Member Elite
since 1999-07-25
Posts 2646
Arkansas
3 posted 1999-08-14 04:28 PM

Christina, I read your work and I see myself a few years back when I used my writing at first for my own "therapy" if you will. This helped me express what was raging inside me, and some of my best works were written when I was down so low I had to look up to see the bottom. You keep on writing what's in your heart, and it matters not if you get 1 response or 100 responses! Important thing is, is that you shared a piece of yourself, and in doing so, there is a bit of poetic relief you feel in letting others into your soul. Many people read through these and never comment, but that doesn't mean you haven't touched someone with your words... Keep writing, and I'll be checking in on you!!

------------------
- poet FemmeFatale

"The strongest man in the world is he who stands most alone..." Henrik Ibsen (1826-1906) Norwegian dramatist lyric poet

poetFemmeFatale
Member Elite
since 1999-07-25
Posts 2646
Arkansas
4 posted 1999-08-14 04:31 PM

I'm sorry, I preached instead of commenting...this piece really moved me...it's amazing how much of your soul you dumped into this thing! It was very touching....I like how you tied it all in in the end.

------------------
- poet FemmeFatale

"The strongest man in the world is he who stands most alone..." Henrik Ibsen (1826-1906) Norwegian dramatist lyric poet

thursdayschild
since 1999-07-01
Posts 169
Houston, Tx.
5 posted 1999-08-14 05:08 PM

Thank you for this piece, it was truly heartfelt and moving. Your words do mean
something....to many someone's!
Good work Christina.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #1 » Release

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary