navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #1 » sea of tranquility ( a reflection)
Open Poetry #1
Post A Reply Post New Topic sea of tranquility ( a reflection) Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
poohbear
since 1999-08-02
Posts 42
piedmont,sc

0 posted 1999-08-13 08:19 PM

this is just a relflection of my thioughts not truely a poam but please read and comment i your heart so leads

Life is likened to the sea of trnaquility when we learn to fill our days with peace
and our nights with serenity.

surrounding ourselves with people and things that blend harmoniously with our spirits and provide a sense of security.

As the seas protect all that inhabit it so must we protect what we believe in and love, as the moon controls the tides that move the sea, producing change and briging forth life so must we learn to adapt accordingly for when we resist the waters become rough and life loses its delicate balance, and in change we find new life.
for in all things there is control and there is chaos and we alone decide how we are effected, so does the sea determine the size of it's waves.

as the summer breeze lends itself to the sea so must we make ourselves available to those around us and blend together to create the perfect melody. as the wind plays skillfully with the tempo of the sea so do our lives unite and become a symphony serranading our minds and supplying that peace and serenity that makes our lives liken to
the sea of tranquility.

It is my hope and desirethat this we lead all who read it to thinking a little more about the world we live in and the shape of it. in the light of all the tragedies that befall our world daily we need to realize that we must learn to live harmoniously as the creatures in the sea and to coexist as do the air and the sea.

------------------

alan f. shulver

© Copyright 1999 poohbear - All Rights Reserved
elvira
since 1999-07-06
Posts 936
California
1 posted 1999-08-14 04:41 PM

i would love to see you weave these tender words into a poem
poohbear
since 1999-08-02
Posts 42
piedmont,sc
2 posted 1999-08-15 08:42 PM

thanks elvira...i will work on doing just that.
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #1 » sea of tranquility ( a reflection)

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary