navwin » Discussion » Suggestion Box » Mature Content.
Suggestion Box
Post A Reply Post New Topic Mature Content. Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Goldenrose
Member Elite
since 2003-05-30
Posts 3665

0 posted 2005-03-17 05:11 AM

Why does the mature content page have to be hidden so well that people who write that kind of poetry are rarely seen by more than a handful of poets?

They compose their poetry equally as careful as the poets in open poetry so should have more of a chance for people to view their work.

A more prominent position on the main forums page should be made available, but with a lock on it to stop anyone under age from accessing it. I agree that there shouldnt be anyhting not suitable for children, but this can be remedied by the use of a simple pin number for all adult members...

Just a suggestion, maybe more people would write and enjoy the more sensual poems.

Love comforteth like sunshine after rain. (William Shakespeare.)

© Copyright 2005 P.D - All Rights Reserved
Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
1 posted 2005-03-17 06:50 AM

There's a link at the top of the page...normally I read 'Today's Topics' list and all new poetry in MC is listed there. With the forum so huge, it's the only way to keep up with new stuff.

Access is restricted too. No need for pin numbers.

Goldenrose
Member Elite
since 2003-05-30
Posts 3665

2 posted 2005-03-17 07:00 AM

Thank you for that but i think if it can be put in the forum you mentioned and nobody can access it, why can it not be put on the same page as open 35 etc? Most poets go straight to the main forums and until you just mentioned it i have never been to the place you said.

If it is there on the main forums page more poets will make use of it, if not what is the point of wiriting it if very few poets actually see it?

Have a Great st patricks day...

Goldenrose.

Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
3 posted 2005-03-17 10:07 PM

Discussion forums are not on the main page...I think if every forum available was on the main page, we'd lose a lot of people as they tried to find a place to read.

Adult Poetry started out on the main page but got moved when it was given it's own 'section' as Mature Content. Besides...don't you know that if something is worth searching for, it's going to be worth the hunt?

Goldenrose
Member Elite
since 2003-05-30
Posts 3665

4 posted 2005-03-18 04:31 AM

Maybe it is worth the hunt as you said Devine..but to me it is like having an antique shop and putting plain and daudy objects in the front window and keeping the bright jewels in the back in a box....just my opinion of course....

Have a great day...

Goldenrose.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Suggestion Box » Mature Content.

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary