navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #2 » Challenge for suthern, toe, ball, and anyone else
Open Poetry #2
Post A Reply Post New Topic Challenge for suthern, toe, ball, and anyone else Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Blondie
since 1999-08-06
Posts 307
Ohio

0 posted 1999-09-15 02:59 PM

I want to learn more about your lives so I'm challenging you guys to write a poem (serious or funny) describing the "real" you and your life. Feel free to be creative but honest.

© Copyright 1999 Melissa - All Rights Reserved
Toerag
Member Ascendant
since 1999-07-29
Posts 5622
Ala bam a
1 posted 1999-09-15 03:05 PM

I'll post one of each...one serious...one funny.....tomorrow.....I'll have to sit and come up with words that rhyme with "handsome, sweet, kind, wealthy, passionate, well hung, talented, well chiseled body, great sense of humor, humble, etc. etc. etc......then I'll write a serious one....LOL
Iloveit
since 1999-09-02
Posts 1121
NM
2 posted 1999-09-15 03:23 PM

hey I like this challenge, but toe? I could help you out in your dilema, well, I am not good at rhyming but I know a synonynm for all of the above "handsome, sweet, kind, wealthy, passionate, well hung, talented, well chiseled body, great sense of humor, humble...you could just write one of those Acrostic thingies using Toerag! *smiles*

official disclaimer: this is not, I repeat not an attempt to be first in line....ducking out to lunch before she gets her bohunkus sore! lolol

suthern
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Seraphic
since 1999-07-29
Posts 20723
Louisiana
3 posted 1999-09-15 03:25 PM

Don't let Toerag kid you... he's all that and more! LOL. (Okay, honesty requires that I admit I can't personally vouch for every attribute he listed. *G* I freely confess I've never seen his checkbook! *EG*)

He's a better poet and subject than I am... but I'll write one about one attribute he lacks. *G*

Toe's patience?
Non-existent!

Iloveit
since 1999-09-02
Posts 1121
NM
4 posted 1999-09-15 03:25 PM

and blondie, interesting challenge, I pour *me* into everything I write, but have never actually written one about me....not sure if I will make the challenge, but will think about it *s*
suthern
Member Seraphic
since 1999-07-29
Posts 20723
Louisiana
5 posted 1999-09-15 03:26 PM

Yanno, Lovey... I could always post that ultimate acrostic thinggie I wrote for his birthday!!! LOL
Iloveit
since 1999-09-02
Posts 1121
NM
6 posted 1999-09-15 03:31 PM

well put yer money where yer mouth is...I never wrote an Acrostic in my life, just go ahead and up me once again....I will still think you are really great....really I will....

oh yeah, I forgot, I am really at lunch...lol

hey blondie, can I write one about suthern?...come on its almost the heart of the challenge ....I know suthern almost better than she knows herself, and I am much better at shining the light on her better qualities......*very mischevious grin*

suthern
Member Seraphic
since 1999-07-29
Posts 20723
Louisiana
7 posted 1999-09-15 03:33 PM

Blondie: I posted my "Audit" a few days ago... 'nuff said! LOL

And don't believe a word Lovey says about me... she's trying to distract me so she can scoot to the front of Toe's fan line without fear of my baseball bat! *G*

Iloveit
since 1999-09-02
Posts 1121
NM
8 posted 1999-09-15 03:37 PM

) ( see how charming I am when I smile? *big grins*

LngJhnAg
Member Elite
since 1999-07-23
Posts 3508
Boot+Kitty=Poetry in motion
9 posted 1999-09-15 03:44 PM

Toe - you must have read the challenge incorrectly - you are supposed to write about yourself, not me.

Balladeer
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-05
Posts 25505
Ft. Lauderdale, Fl USA
10 posted 1999-09-15 04:40 PM

Forget all those other wprds, Toe. Chiseled and hung should be enough!

Blondie, I would be happy to tell about myself but I am afraid that is an impossibility. We have unscrupulous, evil, sick people out there who are always on the lookout for any personal information that they can turn into ammunition against me. I am a hunted man and I must act accordingly.

Blondie
since 1999-08-06
Posts 307
Ohio
11 posted 1999-09-15 04:56 PM

Toe~I'm looking forward to this work of art...I know it'll be good, your work always surprises me though.
Love~ Can't wait to see yours either. I kind of liked this challenge because we really don't get to see the "real" side of people, like what they like and what makes them, including their attributes.
Ball~ You don't have to include personal stuff, just some attributes you feel you have and what interests you most...I know you're creative, so whatever "describes" you is what I am asking for. Nothing complicated or in depth, believe me I know what you mean about those psychos.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #2 » Challenge for suthern, toe, ball, and anyone else

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary