navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #2 » Farewell to Hopes of Self-Esteem
Open Poetry #2
Post A Reply Post New Topic Farewell to Hopes of Self-Esteem Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
roxane
since 1999-09-02
Posts 505
us

0 posted 1999-09-08 11:45 PM

Farewell to hopes of self-esteem
Once again she drained it out of me
And everything I say is wrong
I must presume I've lived too long
Set night and dim my wistful eyes
Sink sleep into my skin
I'm down in the dregs as is politic
I don't know where ascension begins
I know I'm so beneath you
You grace me for no good cause
With your presence disarming
You disarm me sweetly with your claws
My only friend I think I belong
In a hospital as is my way
Tell me I'm not like you or the others
I have no reason to get dressed today
I bid farewell to self esteem
You were so out-dated it seems
With your parting I am obsessed
It's all heredity, I'm never depressed.

------------------
"Come night, come darkness, for you cannot come too soon or stay too long in such a place as this." Charles Dickens

roxane

© Copyright 1999 roxane - All Rights Reserved
rogen of the night
since 1999-09-07
Posts 29

1 posted 1999-09-09 04:22 AM

Hello, I just want to you know that your poem is relly good keep up the good work

signed
Adam.

INclan
since 1999-07-20
Posts 1024
Indiana, USA
2 posted 1999-09-09 05:18 AM

Whoa! Are we just a bit "down" here? I truly hope this is not a real life experience . The compounded problems are sad are they not. The poet ties a self-image to the opinion of another and the second person is insensitive to the poet. Truly sad. So how may this cycle be broken? Any Ideas? Might that be the next poem?

INclan

------------------
Express Yourself!

roxane
since 1999-09-02
Posts 505
us
3 posted 1999-09-09 06:39 AM

actually, I'm not sure that I can ever find a solution to my life's problems. People treat me the way they do because I have let them for so long. It's an old habit that they have become fond of.
moonmoon
since 1999-08-13
Posts 277
TX , USA
4 posted 1999-09-09 08:52 AM

Well written Roxane..
As long as you know that YOU are 'letting' others treat you this way, someday, you will break out that vicious cycle..In the mean time, ((hugs)).

------------------
"No one was ever ruined from without;
The final ruin comes from within.".....Amelia E. Barr

WhtDove
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-07-22
Posts 9245
Illinois
5 posted 1999-09-09 08:52 AM

This is sad! A loss of self-esteem, can be very damaging! I have been there, not fully recovered, but been there! You need a good strong dose of it! You really are worth more than you think! God makes no mistakes! After repeated hurtful words from people you start to believe that you're not worth anything! Well, DO NOT believe that! For you are worth everything! I hope you find the strength within yourself to know that you deserve to be treated much better, and to think of yourself much better!! God Bless you.
pen of passion
since 1999-08-11
Posts 234

6 posted 1999-09-09 08:58 PM

I respect your writing and so do others. Never ever let anyone disrespect you. Without respect, there is no love.
rogen of the night
since 1999-09-07
Posts 29

7 posted 1999-09-10 04:03 AM

Well I can't say that I know how you feel but i'm here if you need someone to talk to i've had some problems that i've never talk to anyone else about before so i know how your feeling. yours truely

------------------
The wise man is the storm prays God,not for safety from danger,but for deliverance from fear.It is the storm within which endangers him,not the storm without.
~~Ralh Waldo Emerson~~

RainbowGirl
Member Elite
since 1999-07-31
Posts 3023
United Kingdom
8 posted 1999-09-10 05:28 AM

Roxane

Big hugs sweetheart...I'm around if you need a pair of ears..:-))

HUGS

------------------
You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #2 » Farewell to Hopes of Self-Esteem

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary