navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #2 » RE-WRITE Second Best
Open Poetry #2
Post A Reply Post New Topic RE-WRITE Second Best Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
AliceInWonderLand
since 1999-09-23
Posts 5
Philadelphia

0 posted 1999-09-23 04:04 PM

Thanks for all you comments, I tried to put less I's... no matter what the meaning of this poem is still the same..

SECOND BEST

You said that girl you kissed last night met nothing, and you'll never see her again, so I take you back on your word, and my ears reject all your new promises and place them with the empty ones they already heard.

And still, my lonely heart takes you back, even with all this pain and worry laid upon my chest, but I guess its something I have to settle for when I settle for second best.

And maybe you don't know how much you hurt me or maybe that is what you like, but I always seem to let you..... And I don't know why I let this go so far, maybe I'm just afraid to be alone, or maybe pain is the only real thing I ever knew....

I feel like I'm going backwards up a slide and its all my fault that my life is such a mess, but I guess its something that I want, but don't want to settle for, but don't think I deserve more than second best..

© Copyright 1999 AliceInWonderLand - All Rights Reserved
anonymousposter
since 1999-09-23
Posts 3

1 posted 1999-09-23 10:58 PM

definately worth another go, back
up to the top...

Julie
since 1999-08-20
Posts 739
Houston, TX
2 posted 1999-09-24 04:52 PM

It flows so well! Good job. To the top!

------------------
Julie
-------------------------
Thou who has given so much to me,
give one thing more: a grateful heart.
>George Herbert

hoot_owl_rn
Member Patricius
since 1999-07-05
Posts 10750
Glen Hope, PA USA
3 posted 1999-09-24 05:28 PM

Nicely written....
I like this line
"maybe pain is the only real thing I ever knew.... "

------------------
Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for awhile and leave footprints in our heart and we are never ever the same.

Thank you all for leaving footprints!!

Lorelei
since 1999-09-22
Posts 23
Philadelphia, PA
4 posted 1999-09-25 07:11 PM

Excellent!!! Well, maybe I am a little biased, since i'm your friend, but this poem helped me get out of a bad situation. I hope it helps others like me... Up to the top you go. Oh and, it does flow better without all those I's. Has a better rhythm.
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #2 » RE-WRITE Second Best

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary