navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #2 » Other Things You Can Do
Open Poetry #2
Post A Reply Post New Topic Other Things You Can Do Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Echo Rhayne
since 1999-09-17
Posts 1495
Canyon Country, CA

0 posted 1999-09-21 07:05 AM

He walked in my room
like a shadow of the night.
I tried to fight him off
with all of my might.

But he held me down
and my body he would attack.
He would then leave
but I knew he'd be back.

How could my mom
always ignore my fearful scream/
when she knew her little girl's innocence
was nothing more thana dream?

He told me never to tell
for it was simply an act of love.
Please tell me, at these times
where was my guardian angel from above?

Mother dearest
to you I do plead,
that you help heal my heart
and fill my need.

She took one last look
and told me to walk out the door.
I started to cry
and my heart spilled onto the floor.

Daddy broke in
and heard what was said,
and said to me
'I would rather you be dead.'

That night with the help
from a firing gun,
daddy would finally resent
what he had sad and done.

After they put me to rest
and I fell into my eternal sleep,
my fatal secret
mom and dad would have to bare and keep.

If this poem I wrote
somehow reflects onto you,
please do not take her way out
for there are other things you can do!

© Copyright 1999 Echo Rhayne - All Rights Reserved
Sean
since 1999-09-20
Posts 17
Holtville, CA. USA
1 posted 1999-09-21 07:31 AM

I don't know what to say here. You're poems have been leaving me speechless. I do know a couple people who have been through this, and have tried or wanted to kill themselves...I will heed your words and tell them that there are other things that they can do. I am wondering however, if this poem is about you, or someone else? I am curious because I know you have written other rape/suicide poetry and I wanted to know if this was about you also. If it is, I am glad to see that you are still alive to write the poem, and I hope that you will be alive in the future to continue writing them, because I have personally been enjoying your poetry, it is absolutely wonderful.
Echo Rhayne
since 1999-09-17
Posts 1495
Canyon Country, CA
2 posted 1999-09-21 08:10 AM

Sean...Yes, this poem is about me. The suicide part was obviously not successful as I am still here writing this, but I added it in the poem so that I would be able to add the last stanza, and let people who are going through the same thing know that there are other things to do. Thank you for your comments, and taking the time to read my poems!
hoot_owl_rn
Member Patricius
since 1999-07-05
Posts 10750
Glen Hope, PA USA
3 posted 1999-09-21 10:14 AM

Echo....I feel sorry that this has to happen to anyone, but I am glad you are using your poetry as a realse to express yourself. Have you ever thought of sharing some of this with womans shelters or rape crisis centers....possibly the tradgedy that has befell you as expressed in your words may help others to know they are not alone. We can not change the past, as much as we would sometimes like, but, we can change the future and we can help others by sharing our pain and our courage to not only survive, but to overcome. I see strength in your words along with the pain. Mail me if you wish to talk. May God Bless
Hugs
Ruth

------------------
"In the depths of winter, I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer" ~Albert Camus

Echo Rhayne
since 1999-09-17
Posts 1495
Canyon Country, CA
4 posted 1999-09-21 04:30 PM

Thank you Ruth...And yes, I have shared my poetry in hopes that it does help others. Im only 17, but I know there are a few poems that have helped some people, and for that I am grateful.
Jay_Jay
since 1999-09-18
Posts 38
San Diego, CA. USA
5 posted 1999-09-21 08:32 PM

OUCH

------------------
Never allow life to get in the way of living...

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Archives » Open Poetry #2 » Other Things You Can Do

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary